The Relegated 3

Day

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tough one this, to stay up teams need to score goals and obviously need to keep clean sheets

Bora - just never try to win games it seems, preferring to keep the clean sheet so I think they will fall foul

sunderland - should go down but they have Defoe and every now and then he wins games 

Leicester - continue to look half hearted and you cannot see them scoring 

hull - have done a lot better than people could have imagined -stay up

Crystal Palace - would be nice in a way to see them come down but they have goal scorers so they will probably stay up but it would be nice to see them go down with give me a back handed Sam 

so Bora Sunderland Leicester for me 

3 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Just looking at last 3 fixtures hull have Sunderland and palace. Swansea look to have best run in.

I'm going for Sunderland palace and Leicester to drop down. 

Palace's run in looks quite tough. You want to be playing mid-table teams at the end, all strolling around and thinking about their holidays ......

Looking at the table I'm thinking Sunderland, Palace & Leicester. Hull, Boro (good draw v the Toffees) and Swansea seem to gaining some momentum

Relegation fight and top four race is brilliant this year, because one or more teams that have spent a shed load are going to fail big time. It's great.

I'd love Bournemouth, Boro and Palace to go down for various reasons. Smug Howe, boring Boro and Big Sam. Would be brilliant. 

Having said that, I think it will be Sunderland, Hull and Leicester. 

I hope Hull stay up as their new manager has been excellent so far. Very tactically astute and clearly good enough for a much better club than Hull. Would be a fantastic achievement for him.

Swansea have a decent looking run-in and a good team anyway. Should be safe.

Leicester clearly have a decent enough team to stay up. But they're all over the place.

At the start of the season, I said Sunderland, Burnley and Hull.

Now, it's anyone's guess.

Anyone from 12th and down will still be fearful because there are still 13 games to go and much can change and quickly.

It only takes one bad run or one good run to change the whole landscape of the relegation picture.

Take Swansea - they have won as many games in 2017 as Boro have won all season and suddenly they have a four point cushion to Hull in 18th.

But I'd say probably Sunderland, Middlesbrough and Hull at this point.

2 out of 3 isn't bad. :lol:

Interestingly Boro have barely been in the bottom three at any moment this season. In fact, I'm pretty sure they haven't been down there at all. Would be funny to see them fall right at the very end.

I'm really surprised Palace are struggling so badly. I think they've got a decent team.

I feel the three weakest teams in the league are Sunderland, Hull and Burnley. I'm so surprised by how well the latter have done. I knew their away record would be awful, but at home they've been amazing. They've currently picked up more home points than Liverpool, City and United. 

Hope that Hull, Sunderland and Leicester go down because I feel like they're the teams who'd worry us least next season. 

From a non Derby point of view I'd love Bournemouth, Leicester and palace to come down. 

Hate the small club doing well treatment Bournemouth get when they outspent us in the two seasons leading to their promotion. 

Hate leicesters moron fans who think football was invented in 92.

Dislike Palaces chairman.

On 12/02/2017 at 22:49, Anon said:

Hull - I've been very impressed with their new manager, but the quality of the squad is just so bad. I can't see how he can possibly maintain their current form. When you can't even hang on to players like Livermore and Snodgrass, what hope do you have?

Palace - Fingers and toes crossed on this one. I'm fed up of big fat corrupt Sam and I hope Palace get shafted for making a cowardly appointment. They do have some good players though. If Benteke somehow wakes from his 2 year slumber their situation could change quickly, and the threat of a loss of earnings often manages to motivate even the sleepiest of strikers.

Sunderland - The club are essentially quadraspazzed on a life-glug and have been for a number of years. Surely it's better just to put them out of their misery? It might even be a fun novelty for Sunderland fans to witness their team win more than a couple of home games per season at Championship level? It seems to be one step forwards several somersaults back at the moment for the Mackems. A home tie against Southampton was an ideal opportunity to build on an important victory at Palace. That opportunity was flushed down the toilet. The squad is bad, and the manager is not nearly inspiring enough to drag them through.

This sums it up for me. Palace really deserve to go down for giving Big Sam a job. He should never have worked in football again. And I thought Hull would get close to our record for points this season, so they're exceeded expectations massively but surely can't survive. Sunderland could do with a refresh.

17 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Interestingly Boro have barely been in the bottom three at any moment this season. In fact, I'm pretty sure they haven't been down there at all. Would be funny to see them fall right at the very end.

I'm really surprised Palace are struggling so badly. I think they've got a decent team.

I feel the three weakest teams in the league are Sunderland, Hull and Burnley. I'm so surprised by how well the latter have done. I knew their away record would be awful, but at home they've been amazing. They've currently picked up more home points than Liverpool, City and United. 

Correct Bris, not been in the relegation zone yet this campaign. I think Boro have not even been in the bottom 4 all season except for about a week when 17th on GD.

Still we are all only too aware how things can change....

On 2/13/2017 at 23:44, Bris Vegas said:

You have certainly changed your tune about Burnley - not that long ago (I think just before Christmas) you were saying that they could not possibly keep up their home form while being so abject away. You still could be right about Burnley getting relegated because we have only 5 more home games and 8 away - FOUR AWAY in a row starting at Hull on Saturday, followed by Swansea, Liverpool and Sunderland. Our four other away games are Everton, Middlesbrough, Crystal Palace and Bournemouth.

If we fail to win an away game we will still need several points from the 5 remaining HOME games (Spurs, Stoke, Man United, West Ham and West Brom). If we freefall, I am slightly reassured that our last two home games are against the Baggies and the Hammers whose players should be "on the beach" by then. If we need 3 points on the final day, West Ham apparently "fancy" signing Andre Gray so I am sure something could be arranged with the Messrs Gold/Sullivan, nudge, wink.))

If you still think Burnley will get relegated like you did up to Christmas at least, you can now get healthy odds of 18/1 at BetFreds. I am thinking about putting on a £100 myself.....a profit of nearly £2000 would slightly soften the blow of any relegation.

3 hours ago, Grantona said:

You have certainly changed your tune about Burnley - not that long ago (I think just before Christmas) you were saying that they could not possibly keep up their home form while being so abject away. You still could be right about Burnley getting relegated because we have only 5 more home games and 8 away - FOUR AWAY in a row starting at Hull on Saturday, followed by Swansea, Liverpool and Sunderland. Our four other away games are Everton, Middlesbrough, Crystal Palace and Bournemouth.

If we fail to win an away game we will still need several points from the 5 remaining HOME games (Spurs, Stoke, Man United, West Ham and West Brom). If we freefall, I am slightly reassured that our last two home games are against the Baggies and the Hammers whose players should be "on the beach" by then. If we need 3 points on the final day, West Ham apparently "fancy" signing Andre Gray so I am sure something could be arranged with the Messrs Gold/Sullivan, nudge, wink.))

If you still think Burnley will get relegated like you did up to Christmas at least, you can now get healthy odds of 18/1 at BetFreds. I am thinking about putting on a £100 myself.....a profit of nearly £2000 would slightly soften the blow of any relegation.

I have been thinking about it. Burnley just dont convince away from home, but theyve been tremendous at Turf Moor and I wouldnt back against them grabbing another two wins or so.

What would help their cause is picking up a few draws against the others down there. Bmuff, Boro, Swansea, Sland, Palace and Hull will all look at Burnley at home and label it a must-win game. A few draws, especially against Sland, Hull and Boro, will be a massive blow to them.

Its certainly in Burnleys hands to stay up, but losing those key away fixtures and the points drying up at home could leave them short at the end.

19 hours ago, Grantona said:

Nah, Burnley are staying up this year and those odds of 18/1 are $hit, I'd expect 25-30s minimum.

A single win from those 5 homes, l when you've won three quarters of your homes this season so far) and either 2-3 draws or another win from.their remaining games will see Burnley right.

It won't be a big points total needed to survive relegation this year as there's 6 sides all hitting below a point a game right now, which means they're all on course to get 36-37 points max.

I imagine 1 or 2 of them will pick up the pace, perhaps even 3 at a push, but 4 of them and to the level needed to endanger Burnley? Not happening.

Archived