The Relegated 3

Day

4 hours ago, ipad1977 said:

And don't forget Bournemouth have injuries and are almost in freefall. Nah, Burnley are almost safe. The 3 going down are already in the bottom 7.

I hope you are right......but if we cannot get a couple of away wins from those 8 matches (Hull, Swansea, Sunderland, Boro, B'mouth, Palace, Everton, Liverpool) it does NOT bode well for our chances next season even if we do stay up.

Away, the Clarets are their own worst enemies - after feeble shows at West Brom (0-4) and Stoke (0-2), they actually played quite well in the subsequent "hard games" at Spurs, Man City and Arsenal but lost all three 2-1. A lot of people fancied a result at Watford, but then Hendrick got sent off after 5 minutes.:((

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Strange how football can change in a month.

This years relegation battle is starting to interest me a little only the fact that we will have to face 3 of the teams who fall out the trap door and I would rather is be team in turmoil who will rollover for Gary Rowett Barmy Army.

I fancy Sunderland, Boro and Hull to come down. They dont seem to much of a threat if you ask m

1 minute ago, Gypsy Ram said:

I'd love to see Palace come down. A nobody club. Born n raised in SE London, and I only know 1 palace fan and he lives in Singapore.

I agree they are escape merchants nothing more. There last 3 managers in the prem are Pulis, Pardew and Allaradyce. Says it all really.

I think Burnley's draws at Hull and Sunderland have almost done enough for them. They've still got to play Boro, Palace and Bournemouth away which could prove interesting, but games are starting to run out.

Hull's next four home games are West Ham, Boro, Watford and Sunderland. They still have a chance if they can pick up at least three wins from those. 

Swansea vs Boro next weekend is massive. If Swansea lose, you could see them faltering again.

You'd have to say Sunderland are almost certainties to go down. Boro look likely too, while Hull have a fighting chance if Swansea or Burnley go on a big losing run.

Leicester, Bournemouth, Watford and Palace have enough about them to stay up.

10 hours ago, PrestonRam said:

The north east trio for me. Swansea having a blip, Palace have got Big Sam and Leicester are home and hosed.

Palace and Leicester are 2 out of only 3 sides in the Prem to have won their last 3 games. It's done enough to ensure their safety.

Sunderland have been stinking up the PL for a few years now and I wouldn't mind them being relegated. I like Hull's new manager, so I have mixed feelings about whether I want them to succeed or not. I wanted Swansea to come down simply for the way they have treated Laudrup, Monk and Guidolin in recent years, But now Clement is there, not sure I want them down.

Middlesbrough have been a stain on the toilet porcelain that is the PL this year, and deserve to come down. As for Burnley, I'd like them to come down, Dyche to leave, and them to disappear back into anonymity. 

So for me, Sunderland, Boro and Burnley.

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

Sounds a little harsh 

I would have thought that Burnley (especially) plus Boro give hope to clubs like ours . And the many others like us.

Burnley is a town smaller than Market Harborough, a market town in the county of Leicestershire where I live. Blink whilst you drive through and you miss it. 

Middlesborough is an average-sized town, similar to Derby, blighted by the collapse of heavy industry in the last century.

And yet both of them have built teams that have eased into the Premier.

We never ever looked like getting the better of Burnley or Boro on their way up, time after time . I would have thought that we should look to them for inspiration and learning ? 

Any reasons for your dislike of them ? 

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Sunderland have been stinking up the PL for a few years now and I wouldn't mind them being relegated. I like Hull's new manager, so I have mixed feelings about whether I want them to succeed or not. I wanted Swansea to come down simply for the way they have treated Laudrup, Monk and Guidolin in recent years, But now Clement is there, not sure I want them down.

Middlesbrough have been a stain on the toilet porcelain that is the PL this year, and deserve to come down. As for Burnley, I'd like them to come down, Dyche to leave, and them to disappear back into anonymity. 

Sure, happy to do so 

Any reasoned thought or reasoned logic behind this  ? The highlighted bit . 

Any chance of you explaining why they have succeeded where we have failed ?

Or why you feel that we will now succeed and they will fail going forward ? 

Why do you think that Derby County will do better than either of these two clubs ? 

Why wouldn't Burnley represent a huge example of success in the Premier that we couldn't hope to emulate ?

1 hour ago, BobbyD said:

Sure, happy to do so 

Any reasoned thought or reasoned logic behind this  ? The highlighted bit . 

Any chance of you explaining why they have succeeded where we have failed ?

Or why you feel that we will now succeed and they will fail going forward ? 

Why do you think that Derby County will do better than either of these two clubs ? 

Why wouldn't Burnley represent a huge example of success in the Premier that we couldn't hope to emulate ?

What are you blabbering on about BobbyD?

I've not mentioned Derby County and nor do I think Derby deserve to be in the PL instead of those clubs. This is solely who I expect or want to be relegated from the PL.

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

What are you blabbering on about BobbyD?

I've not mentioned Derby County and nor do I think Derby deserve to be in the PL instead of those clubs. This is solely who I expect or want to be relegated from the PL.

But why ? 

15 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

But why ? 

because they are the teams I least like watching in the PL.

Sunderland have been rotten for years, constantly buying foreign rubbish and changing managers, never contributing anything positive to the PL

Middlesbrough are only slightly better than Derby were in 2007/08. They've wasted loads of money on strikers but still play negatively and again, have offered nothing to the PL.

Burnley is more personal, I just don't like some of the people (staff and players) there, they are awful to watch.

Simply, I am a paying customer of the PL via both Sky and BT Sport. I pay to be entertained, and the 3 above are far less entertaining than the other clubs.

I agree with Mostyn, I have watched a lot of PL football this season and Sunderland minus Defoe would be on about 6 points not even joking, Boro have won 4 games this season and scored 20 goals, Burnley can't stand Dyche, Barton and are a non-factor on the road.

I think it will be between the bottom 5 now, to be honest this is weakest relegated bunch of teams since 2012 (Bolton, Blackburn and Wolves).

7 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

You might have to wait for Burnley to fall, but when you look at the prem there are some rubbish looking fixtures which hold no interest apart from those involved 

Archived