Should Pearson be shown the door?

oldtimeram

7 minutes ago, niram said:

The way i see it, and not based on last night at all because you cant fault the young players at all they looked lively when they came on, but pearson should never have been recruited, he has ruined our club. We do not have the players and we have not built a strong squad for the last 3 years to be playing the style of football that nigel wants. The 442 football he is trying to get us to play does not suit one of our players let alone the chemistry of 11 on the pitch. we play well when we play fast paced football and im sorry but i was significantly more enjoying our football under wassal and im sure the players where too. 442 is so so outdated and easy to unlock #bringback433

Really? Ruined the club? Its this kind of hyperbole that does nobody any favours. Maxwell ruined the club, the three Amigos ruined the club, being the worst team in Premier League history ruined the club (or at least crippled us for about 5 years).  We are not playing very well and we don't look like getting anywhere near the quality of football we were playing a couple of seasons ago (though it seems many would happily sacrifice the pretty football for getting promoted (not me)).  But it is September, we have a new manager, new players and a new philosophy. This needs to be judged after a period of time. How long might be a matter of opinion, but I think now (and particularly after last night*) is too soon.

The club is not in a ruinous state.  

* As said above, whats the point in getting upset about being beaten by a team much much better than us?

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Pearson has to have a full season. If that season is jam packed with performances like we've been having with no improvement in results or in the manner of our play then I couldn't argue against it.

Whether we get relegated or win the league from here on in and whether we play like Barcelona or Blyth Spartans doesn't matter.

One full season is fair and reasonable before any action is taken IMO.

Yes I agree, that a full season is fair. However I suspect that Mel & Sam Rush may well be reviewing the situation after 12 games, should our points tally still be in single figures.

No point getting rid we have started what is a painful journey again.

But nowhere in football would a manager be surviving if his team had only scored two league goals at this stage and also provided 3 very limp cup performances - Mel is actually being very patient in modern day football ownership. 

Sky sports asked Ben Robinson how do you keep picking good managers for Burton "..by giving them support when they need it, especially during the rough times, all teams go through bad patches". Then went on to say something like, putting an arm around the managers shoulder etc etc. Is Mel supporting Pearson right now? By the look on his face, I'd say not!!

I would sack him, bring Clough back with McClaren as assistant and Clement as Tea Lady/Ball boy.

What would it look like now if we sack a manager. I for one would be very peed off if this happens, we would just look silly and if it did happen, Mel and Sam would need to consider their positions within the football club.

4 minutes ago, europia said:

Yes I agree, that a full season is fair. However I suspect that Mel & Sam Rush may well be reviewing the situation after 12 games, should our points tally still be in single figures.

You may very well be right europia. I think what's a fair amount of time for one  may be too long for another. Football isn't an industry where fair and reasonable go hand in hand really but you don't get time in football anymore unless you are Arsene Wenger. Just the way it is.

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Expected a better effort and more ability on show.

This transitional period how long do you think it will last!? What utter rubbish, Pearson is a tactical dinosaur who has a decent squad he seems unable to use.

Till we clear out the dead wood.

We played Chelsea a few seasons back with Mac's side and couldn't  compete then and that was the best side we have  had for years.

Played utd last January with and were completely out played.

More ability? 

We are a championship side.

4 minutes ago, toddy said:

We played Chelsea a few seasons back with Mac's side and couldn't  compete then and that was the best side we have  had for years.

Played utd last January with and were completely out played.

More ability? 

Every Derby fan needs to read this :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Expected a better effort and more ability on show.

This transitional period how long do you think it will last!? What utter rubbish, Pearson is a tactical dinosaur who has a decent squad he seems unable to use.

Expect a better effort....that sums it up for me.More effort,some effort just a bit of effort!

Come on lads,ffs!

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

A transitional period of his own making, and one where you would think there would be some sort of plan to stop what is happening right now.

Wasn't Wassall's reign a sort of transitional period? Where he tried to get the team back to playing fast flowing football as opposed to the slow possession football that Clement had us playing? I don't remember your call for patience then.

Your hypocrisy stinks.

Walsall was in temporary charge till the end of season, he was here to try and get us over the line. No change of playing staff and so no transitional period.  last season was a continuation of 3 years of not being successful  ( if that is measured by promotion).

A clear out of players and a rebuilding job is needed here and obviously MM and NP have agreed that is the way forward.

19 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

Every Derby fan needs to read this :thumbsup:

...............and then make their minds up whether they think he's right or not. ;)

Personally he's got a point but the footy is just soooooooooooooooo bad. Can't we have transition, clear out the dead wood and play slightly better than say Rotherham? Is that too much to ask?

33 minutes ago, toddy said:

...More ability? 

Then that's where we'll stay - how many of our players have Prem experience btw (or recently sold to Prem!) - how many do we think would make it. None looking at the way Pearson has them playing! I can't see the deadwood for the trees!

52 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

I would sack him, bring Clough back with McClaren as assistant and Clement as Tea Lady/Ball boy.

What would it look like now if we sack a manager. I for one would be very peed off if this happens, we would just look silly and if it did happen, Mel and Sam would need to consider their positions within the football club.

Good idea

Archived