Team for Ipswich..

Walsall_Ram

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wednesday before the last game of the regular season and still no match thread?

• Rest George. He needs to be in cotton wool and save his strength for the playoffs
  • Rest Will. He's started two and got through them, but again needs a breather before the big push.
  • Bradley could actually make it back so it will help to have him getting minutes under his belt.
  • Rest Carson. If Mitchell needs to come on or start in the playoffs, another full match will do him the world of good.
  • Bucko needs a full match in case; I'd give Shackell a breather.
  • Baird has been recalled and needs a fll match, again just in case we need him. If Johnson's able to play, I'd have him as the CDM and Baird at right back and take the opportunity to give Christie a break. If not, play Baird at CDM and keep Christie in the team.
  • Up front is the toughest. I would probably hold back all of our regular forward line on the bench (in case Hull end up losing at home to Rotherham) and give three of Bent, Weimann, Blackman and Camara a game.

Mitchell

Baird/(Christie)     Keogh     Buxton     Olsson

Johnson/(Baird)

Bryson     Butterfield

Blackman     Bent     Weimann

Bench: Carson  Stabana   Rawson   Hughes   Martin   Ince   Russell

Fully rested: Thorne Shackell (Christie)

4 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Tonight.

I only got back from Brighton late last night.

9 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

• Rest George. He needs to be in cotton wool and save his strength for the playoffs
  • Rest Will. He's started two and got through them, but again needs a breather before the big push.
  • Bradley could actually make it back so it will help to have him getting minutes under his belt.
  • Rest Carson. If Mitchell needs to come on or start in the playoffs, another full match will do him the world of good.
  • Bucko needs a full match in case; I'd give Shackell a breather.
  • Baird has been recalled and needs a fll match, again just in case we need him. If Johnson's able to play, I'd have him as the CDM and Baird at right back and take the opportunity to give Christie a break. If not, play Baird at CDM and keep Christie in the team.
  • Up front is the toughest. I would probably hold back all of our regular forward line on the bench (in case Hull end up losing at home to Rotherham) and give three of Bent, Weimann, Blackman and Camara a game.

Mitchell

Baird/(Christie)     Keogh     Buxton     Olsson

Johnson/(Baird)

Bryson     Butterfield

Blackman     Bent     Weimann

Bench: Carson  Stabana   Rawson   Hughes   Martin   Ince   Russell

Fully rested: Thorne Shackell (Christie)

Utter madness. Madness I say! 

My normal reaction would be to rest key players but if the Leicester thing has taught me anything this season its to keep a settled team and learn how to play as a unit.

We go into the playoffs playing some decent football and we seem to be settling on a first team and system at last. 

Play the strongest eleven and continue to build confidence and understanding :)

The management team will know whos carrying a knock, the players will know if they need resting, leave it to them.

Injuries can happen at home never mind playing so what will be will be.

Subs earlier even if we are losing, remember it is the last official season game so the fans want a good send off.

2 starts for will in 7 months, and people are calling for him to take a rest.

Jesus really did weep.

Give this man a good 60 mins, he needs games, besides he is on fire after brighton make sure he starts Wasall.

Same team that will start against Hull, but with instruction to back out of stupid tackles and avoid needless bookings. Then pull off Hughes, Bryson and Martin for Johnson, Blackman and Bent.

Keeping the team sharp and giving some game time to those we're most likely to call on if needed in the Hull matches.

1 minute ago, Super Johnny Russell said:

Same team that will start against Hull, but with instruction to back out of stupid tackles and avoid needless bookings. Then pull off Hughes, Bryson and Martin for Johnson, Blackman and Bent.

Keeping the team sharp and giving some game time to those we're most likely to call on if needed in the Hull matches.

Weimann will come in. Our most used substitute this season, according to Sky. So we'll want to keep him fit.

1 hour ago, ramsbottom said:

Stick with the same team as Monday and give a couple of the U21s the last half an hour...

Unless there is a chance they may be involved in the play-offs (unlikely) I don't see the point of playing U21's in this game. Better off bringing on a fringe player that may well be in the play-off squad. 

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Weimann will come in. Our most used substitute this season, according to Sky. So we'll want to keep him fit.

Of course. Weimann for Blackman.

Blackman and Butterfield to move on after the play-offs. The latter being a really decent player, but one that just doesn't appear to fit in with the other players.

25 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Unless there is a chance they may be involved in the play-offs (unlikely) I don't see the point of playing U21's in this game. Better off bringing on a fringe player that may well be in the play-off squad. 

I would say give Johnson & Hendrick a run out but not sure how close to fitness they are...

Archived