First day of the season

valleyram

You would have to say this is the game that cost us the title , surely if Will who was brilliant today and Bryso had never got injured and missed most of the season we would have won the league and comfortably at that 

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But we had Clement then? In Mel's eyes we wouldn't have got promoted with him at all, or else he'd have kept him. Unfortunately for Paul he didn't have the luxury of having Will Hughes. We're a different side with him. We signed replacements but as a Championship team, you could have unlimited money and would still struggle to attract a player with the ability and quality of Will Hughes.

9 minutes ago, CumbrianRam said:

Depends on how Clement would have dealt with them, he never got the best out of Ince, Martin, Russell, Johnson.

If Hughes and Bryson had not been injured Johnson would not have been bought.

I really liked what PC was doing at the time, but not getting the best out of the forward players from late november onwards was key. - and ultimately cost him his job.

Just saying if Bryson had played all season is too simplistic, especially given we had a more balanced style of play which i thought suited BJ and Butterfield for a long time better.

Hughes showed today he is versatile enough to play in both the DW and PC system, and a great passer.

The resurgence of ince russell and martin under DW also says to me he should be made head coach in the summer.

I still worry a bit about or lack of pace looking to the future though.

Really glad Weimann who is faster than anyone else we have and a great option to have on the breakaway hasnt been given more game time.

7 minutes ago, valleyram said:

He's fine mate , had been feeling sick all morning and never had his pre match meal , so run out of fuel and had a wee bit cramp 

That pass he did in the first half to play in Ince was the best I've seen him make I think.

Usually I think of bryso as a runner /shooter but that was sublime.

He's looking good to play a pivotal role in our playoff assault. He deserves some payback for missing out in 2014 when mac went with Jeff. 

1 minute ago, HantsRam said:

That pass he did in the first half to play in Ince was the best I've seen him make I think.

Usually I think of bryso as a runner /shooter but that was sublime.

He's looking good to play a pivotal role in our playoff assault. He deserves some payback for missing out in 2014 when mac went with Jeff. 

Don't get me started with that decision , 2 years extra in the championship because of that one team selection 

3 minutes ago, valleyram said:

Don't get me started with that decision , 2 years extra in the championship because of that one team selection 

Personally thought his biggest mistake on the day was to leave 4 at the back when they went down to 10 men. We should have gone 3 at the back and gone for it a bit more. As it was we had 4 marking Zamora. They over relaxed thinking their job was done for the day complacency crept in and game over

1 hour ago, valleyram said:

******! if you think hendrick for bryson was why we lost at wembley you need your head examining. Hughes and hendrick did pretty damn good in the 6-2 aggregate semi final

4 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Bryson was an absolute must starter against QPR.

I was with a relative of Brysons at the Green Man (met by chance), there were a few annoyed Scots that had travelled down to watch him only to find he was on the bench.

Didn't you say at the time that he'd agreed to go to Celtic because of that?

It may not have been you, but a poster definitely said they'd been with Bryson's relatives who said he was off to Celtic because he didn't start the final...

Had to be either Bryson or Hendrick.

But that didn't cost us. The decision to bring on Dawkins instead of Bamford was the most baffling of the day. Now I love Dawkins, but he's hardly the man you'd trust to grab a goal from nothing.

Bamford was such the obvious choice. If he had come on with 30 minutes to play, along with Bryson's fresh legs, we would hae caused QPR far more problems than we did.

All ifs and buts though. Judging by McClaren's season in the PL with Newcastle, perhaps it was a good thing we lost.

On 02/05/2016 at 19:10, valleyram said:

You would have to say this is the game that cost us the title , surely if Will who was brilliant today and Bryso had never got injured and missed most of the season we would have won the league and comfortably at that 

Agree with this and would also say that the pre-season friendly against Zenit the year before also cost us automatic when Thorne did his cruciates. Incredibly unlucky for the club twice in a row and it's a tribute to everyone that we're still up there fighting. Hopefully it's swings and roundabouts and at the end of this season everything will finally come good.

Archived