Ed Dawes' tweet

rad1919

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

500 million gets you no where in football these days. 

​Can't decide if that's serious or not... 

I suspect he could buy the remaining shares in the club for less than £50m... Then he's easily got enough to invest another £20m on players this season... Then if we go up the Prem payments kick in too...

Job's a good'un...

I suspect he could buy the remaining shares in the club for less than £50m... Then he's easily got enough to invest another £20m on players this season... Then if we go up the Prem payments kick in too...

Job's a good'un...

It's me batman.  Am i ever serious...  If that's the case then happy days at Derby are ahead. 

It's me batman.  Am i ever serious...  If that's the case then happy days at Derby are ahead. 

​I had a Man Utd fan say to me earlier today "Yeh but that guy's only worth half a billion, that's nothing in modern football terms..."

Had to give the guy a very funny look and point out that even Chelsea have spent less than a billion over that last 10 years... 

How much can he (or anyone else) throw at us without us falling foul of FFP?. Some people are talking about him possibly investing huge sums & I thought this was precisely the thing that FFP was supposed to stop?.

How much can he (or anyone else) throw at us without us falling foul of FFP?. Some people are talking about him possibly investing huge sums & I thought this was precisely the thing that FFP was supposed to stop?.

​FFP rules have been "relaxed" in other words scrapped. 

Job's a good'un...

​...and if we didn't go up,he'd just be continuing the expensive journey followed by his predecessors

​FFP was more to stop egotistical owners and chairman from spending loads of money, and then running off leaving the debt on the club, think Ridsdale at Leeds and all those Pompey chairmen. If the owners want to 'donate' the money, then I don't think it's as big an issue, but if they take a shedload of loans out and then skip town, it's bad.

​You can invest as much as you like; it's what you do with it that's regulated (under certain conditions).For instance,he could throw £10m+ at the Plaza,and the only impact on FFP would be the positive of increased income.

To answer your question though,in 15/16 FFP allows you to post a negative result of up to £13m (with certain restrictions,the main one being hefty equity injection-but no problems there),and with various exemptions this would probably allow us to post a headline loss of at least £15m,and you could probably up this by £1m. I can't remember just how much equity you'd have to inject if posting the full FFP loss,but let's call it,say, £10m. There'd be nothing to stop him throwing £10m into the Plaza + a forced £10m because of FFP,in this example.

​You can invest as much as you like; it's what you do with it that's regulated (under certain conditions).For instance,he could throw £10m+ at the Plaza,and the only impact on FFP would be the positive of increased income.

To answer your question though,in 15/16 FFP allows you to post a negative result of up to £13m (with certain restrictions,the main one being hefty equity injection-but no problems there),and with various exemptions this would probably allow us to post a headline loss of at least £15m,and you could probably up this by £1m. I can't remember just how much equity you'd have to inject if posting the full FFP loss,but let's call it,say, £10m. There'd be nothing to stop him throwing £10m into the Plaza + a forced £10m because of FFP,in this example.

​Thanks Ramblur - we can always rely on you to put the (Real) numbers into a discussion! Appreciate it.

​FFP was more to stop egotistical owners and chairman from spending loads of money, and then running off leaving the debt on the club, think Ridsdale at Leeds and all those Pompey chairmen. If the owners want to 'donate' the money, then I don't think it's as big an issue, but if they take a shedload of loans out and then skip town, it's bad.

​You can still leave a club in a mess though,even if you do it by equity injection (and that's far from a 'donation' -you don't expect anything back from a donation). Piling equity in usually means that you're encouraging the club to spend a lot more than it's income allows.This is ok as long as you're prepared to carry on doing it -it's when you're not that the trouble starts,because the next lot inherit an overspend situation.

MAN CITY OF THE MIDLANDS!!!!!!!

​Thanks Ramblur - we can always rely on you to put the (Real) numbers into a discussion! Appreciate it.

​Thanks RAMalicious- I've long seen it as my (self appointed) role to try and deliver facts that others consider reliable.This all started with my belief,years ago,that the true facts didn't always seem to be surfacing over the various forums.Now I often post up opinions based on these facts,and I don't expect everyone (or even most) to agree with me,but let's at least all discuss things on the basis of facts,wherever we can.

I can't give any input on the MM situation without either a statement from the club,or certain documents landing at CH,neither of which have so far happened.All I would say is that,with all this speculation,the club hasn't moved to quash it,which they often do fairly quickly when speculation is completely unfounded.

​Much appreciated clarification. Thank you.

Archived