£60m war chest waiting for Mc at Newcastle

irobinson

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lot of bitter people on here towards Newcastle - perhaps because of Ashley?

I have no fondness towards the Mags, but let's face facts they are a big club, with a fanatical fan base, and an owner who is not afraid to splash cash and support his Managers. They are a sleeping giant, which Keegan very nearly awakened. They need a clear out in truth, but I can fully understand why if Mac was offered the job (and my guess is he has been) why he would go. Money, prestige, location, family, etc.

I am still sure a great many Mag fans will again oppose Mac being their manager, ESPECIALLY if he does not get Derby up this season. Personally I have been a bit underwhelmed with Mac this season - not saying I want him to go, but if we don't get up I think he has failed badly. He has had mostly everything he could have wanted from the board in terms of signings/loans who also did everything to keep the squad together last summer.  IMO he has had the strongest championship squad available to him this season, and he hasn't delivered (as yet). IT has taken the injury of one player (Martin) to show that whilst he might be an impressive individual coach of players, he isn't particularly tactically astute to operate anything other than a rigid 433 (451) system. I also think he has some blind spots in respect of players. Whilst I do enjoy the way we play, promotion was his responsibility this year and it would leave a bit of a nasty taste for me if he does go to Newcastle leaving us still in the second tier.

As I said in the summer, I know that he very nearly went there last summer, he will go there this summer and who can blame him. 

PistoldPete2

Sounds like there's more to this rumour than the standard bullsh1t. What sort of warchest would maclaren have if he stayed here? If we got promoted , or not. 

Should be a lot of rich Derby fans come the summer, still can get better than evens of SM becoming next Newcastle manager.

I'm just surprised that the markets haven't been suspended given how many sources have confirmed him to be the next manager.

Warburton would come here 100%! Great academy facilities etc. and a transfer policy where the manager has the last say! Macca had been lauded by the ownership group and has had all the resources needed to get us up! We have kept every player from last year apart from wisdom yet performances are worse! There is no loyalty in football today! Let him go to newcastle......there will be a decent compo package if he does leave! 

As mentioned by other posters, Sam Rush is more important than McClaren.

Im not saying McClaren hasn't been brilliant, he has had a tremendous effect and I would rather he stayed  

However, it wouldn't be the end of the world as I trust Sam Rush to make correct decisions in finding a successor if needed along with making other important decisions required to achieve and sustain success for Derby County Football Club. 

Archived