Dawkins

gordinio

I really try my best to like him, but i just can't.

There's a reason he's hardly played any professional games at the age of 25.

Answer to that is you need to check out the serious injury he suffered at Spurs and then ask why if he is such a poor player they kept him on their books for so long.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't rate somehow who doesn't score, assist or have any form of end product!! It's not surprising that we score 2 after he leaves the field of play

As has been discussed many times before, 'assist' stats are bull. His finishing is generally not great but I think he's been better this season. 

As I say, you don't understand his game. Him and Hughes are so vital to us not going back to the hoofball we played against Forest. He's exceptional at keeping the ball, technically superb and has a lot more 'end product' than you give him credit for. 

Dawkins will always be unappreciated by the average football fan. He isn't a goalscorer, and he isn't a defensive rock. He isn't a superstar, and he doesn't run himself into the ground chasing every lost cause. He isn't a character, and he doesn't pay up to the fans. He doesn't whizz up the wing and do nice step overs. He might give control, discipline, shape, neat play and make a lot of things tick really well, and contribute to the occasional goal or assist, but that is not good enough for the average football fan. Fortunately it is good enough for our management set-up who know a bit more than the average football fan and realise that winning football matches is not only about the glory moments, but often requires some hard work to be done, some balance to be given, and some sacrifices to be made. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but IMO our squad would be much the weaker in this division without a player to call on like Dawkins.

I actually think he had a very good game tonight! Not trying to cause an argument, I just thought his runs off the ball were clever, he always wanted it and I think he lost the ball once maybe twice. Can't ask for much more than that in a team that plays possession football

I gave a brief description and other people have contributed as well. 

Thank goodness that some appreciate him. 

Will agree that he has good ball retention, although that has not been apparent in last few games.

Other than that I am afraid there is not much to back up your opinion.

Saturday I thought he did not even look interested but now knowing that he has personal issues maybe that explains it.

I do not particularly dislike him but don't think he is playing to his full potential.

Thought he did ok today, but we didn't use him enough. Thought he was starting to effect the game by drifting inside just as he got took off which was frustrating - obviously can't argue with the decision in hindsight.

Just irks me that everyone is keen to rubbish Dawkins when Ward was absolutely garbage, again, tonight and no one says a word.

I will do I promise but everyone played well today with the exception maybe if Ward...

Inadvertently you have done well my son; you called out an average football fan's darling. Leave Wardy alone - he scores goals, gives fans some banter, runs a lot, puts his foot in, winds up away fans and hates, literally hates, Forest. Good old Wardy!

Simon Dawkins pass rate vs Backburn - 91.4% - second best on the pitch and a good 30% better than Jamie Ward.

SimonDawkins - Three key passes - the most on the pitch

Haters are gonna hate

Dawkins doesn't run around like a headless chicken and 'hit the byline' therefore he must be crap.

I bet people on here think Nani is better than Andres Iniesta.

Everyone is allowed their opinion. But the majority on this thread are just ridiculous.

Archived