Positives from today.

North_Stand_Ram

what do you think of my comments.

good, positive post B4, i really think that equaliser was probably the most important goal

of the season so far, and was probably the springboard to further points that we wouldn't have got had we lost,

it would have gutted the players, so cheers Theo..have one on me .. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jacobs looks the one that will create for me. First time I've seen him and I'm really impressed.

I was told by someone who was at the game that he looked very good when he came on, made a couple of great runs and good crosses. Sammon not the best though??

I was told by someone who was at the game that he looked very good when he came on, made a couple of great runs and good crosses. Sammon not the best though??

Sammon did okay - he got in space, wanted the ball and got his shots on target. Should have got one but he hit the target every time.

Coutts is always involved in the game when I'm typing out my commentary courtesy of radio Derby. If it's not part of the build up to an attack, of which there seems to be many, he's putting a cross in.

Not entirely sure where he's playing, is it right wing or is he slightly more central than the wing position? I suppose it's interchangable, regardless, he's heavily involved in the game.

Some strong competition for places this season, not entirely sure Clough knows what his first 11 is. Probably won't be one, first 18 interchangable throughout the season.

fighting spirt of derby county is back what was nice to hear, to me we sounded like we were playing fast flowing football, and also sounded like the wingers were swichting sides also mixing it in midfield as well, that really confused wovles and they did not who to pick up, and thats what i suggested what nigal clough should do, and today it worked a treat. I also sounded like connon simon was being used a target man that this side has been missing for a while, Jamie ward sounded back to his old self like when he first arrived from shiffield united on loan. i hope jamie ward can find the net soon as i have a feeling if he can get one he will be another striker that won't be able stop scoreing just like tyson and same for connon simon. but i still this side is missing a playmaker but great to hear playing really derby football playing it on the deck.

I agree. I personally think it's great that the team played really well and the lads will feel positive and spurred on by it. Plus I s'pose it's a bonus we now have a week before the next match so they'll be more rested.

Do you think Wardy is better up front though and not on the wing? I think opinion is split about that one.

Coutts is always involved in the game when I'm typing out my commentary courtesy of radio Derby. If it's not part of the build up to an attack, of which there seems to be many he's putting a cross in.

Not entirely sure where he's playing, is it right wing or is he slightly more central than the wing position? I suppose it's interchangable, regardless, he's heavily involved in the game.

Some strong competition for places this season, not entirely sure Clough knows what his first 11 are. Probably won't be one, first 18 interchangable throughout the season.

Must say i enjoyed your text commentary today mate. You didnt mention if we were all in white though??

Bryson was all over got in space, and made some great runs into the box.

Brayford was good too - got forward and overlapped twitch Coutts.

The midfield swapped positions around and kept control.

Being picky I would criticise Hebdrick who seemed a little off his game. Made some tackles but his passing wasn't as good. He ran the ball out of okay or into trouble a few time.

I think it would be harsh to drop Coutts. He's certainly doing his bit. Him and Bray were much better today than previous games, kept possession brilliantly.

Hendrick needs a kick up the arse, lost the ball far too many times today which left us short at the back, that along with not scoring more would be my only critisisms.

I'm answering the bit you quoted Rimbaud, not your comments.

Man Alive and in my pest popeye voice.

I've stood all I can stand and I cant' stands no more...

Bris how the hell did you get all of that from matchday chat and ramsplayer? It's not right that you make such sweeping statements on positives or negatives when you were getting updates from BnW like the rest of those who couldnt make the game.

How anyone is able to judge Coutts as not being creative when they havent seen a second of the game. It's just not on. How you can make such concrete conclusions when you havent seen a second of the game?

Don't you think it's a bit fraudulent to make those claims?

I didn't get that from ramsplayer.. That's been my opinion since the moment we bought him.. I mentioned that he's not creative and we were desperate for a creative player..

I've seen him a few times, never impressed and always passed sideways.. People seem to think he was creative because he could run with the ball a few times.. So could Stephen Pearson.. I also have a friend who has seen him more times than any of us on here, and he thought the same (unless there are any PNE season ticket holders on here)..

I assume you don't share the same opinion.. But jues, you don't half like to jump the gun.. From the famous Cristiano Ronaldo nou camp celebration.. Calmate Calmate

Also Rambaud, Ben Davies had something like 10 assists last season.. He wasn't and isn't creative in the slightest.

I didn't get that from ramsplayer.. That's been my opinion since the moment we bought him.. I mentioned that he's not creative and we were desperate for a creative player..

I've seen him a few times, never impressed and always passed sideways.. People seem to think he was creative because he could run with the ball a few times.. So could Stephen Pearson.. I also have a friend who has seen him more times than any of us on here, and he thought the same (unless there are any PNE season ticket holders on here)..

I assume you don't share the same opinion.. But jues, you don't half like to jump the gun.. From the famous Cristiano Ronaldo nou camp celebration.. Calmate Calmate

Also Rambaud, Ben Davies had something like 10 assists last season.. He wasn't and isn't creative in the slightest.

Out of interest, Bris, how would you describe a creative player?

How did Brayford play? By most accounts he's has a slow start to the season, better today?

Brilliant, at the back and in attack. He linked with Coutts brilliantly and was really good.

How did you rate Bryson, sounded brilliant on RD ??

MOTM for me. Got around everywhere. Wolves had 2 very big CM's Dombia and Davies and we know Bryson isn't the biggest but he was fantastic and got around really well, in truth he should of had a couple as well...

i suppose it depends on your definition of creative

i suspect yours is little more than an attempt to justify your kneejerk reaction to coutts signing

you made a snap judgement which might well be wrong - so we must give him time.

and over ten assists is creative in my mind

i agree with your other 'positives - if this is the style of play we are going to see then i'm sure we will all be happier. it's going to take time. NC is trying to do it on a relatively tight budget. i do feel we are heading in the right direction.

btw - many who sit around me seem to think we need a midfield destroyer - not creativity.

(that's not aimed specifically at you, bris - just a point for consideration)

Archived