Positives from today.

North_Stand_Ram

Last season we had more points at this time. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sleep' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='-_-' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Only seven though 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, it should only be if you have someone better for that position, tactical, discipline or if someone is not putting the work in!!!

We've got 4 or 5 players vying for a starting spot upfront. Jamie Ward and Conor Sammon got the nod today, on another day it'll be Tyson and Theo, some days possibly all 4 will get a start if it's a 4-4-2 strategy.

Not completely sure what formation we're playing at the moment but it seems to be a flexible 4-5-1/4-3-3, atleast that's what it was against Bolton, I think? Seemed to be that today aswell, although we may have started with a 4-4-2.

Anyway, Clough reckons we could've got 9 points by now, I say 7 but it's only 2. Chin up Ramkers.

4-4-2 appeared to work today - but it wasn't a rigid 4-4-2 the midfield were mixing it up and swapping around a bit. Ward dropped deep and wide a few times too.

Yeah it did, but I just think in the long run Clough should return to the more flexible 4-2-3-1. It's not like our strikers have got any decent partnerships going is it, whereas Bryson and Hendrick are untouchable. We have some great options in the 3 and i'd love to see Will Hughes in behind the striker.

Yeah it did, but I just think in the long run Clough should return to the more flexible 4-2-3-1. It's not like our strikers have got any decent partnerships going is it, whereas Bryson and Hendrick are untouchable. We have some great options in the 3 and i'd love to see Will Hughes in behind the striker.

With the personnel we have we can change between 4-4-2. 4-3-3. 4-2-3-1. 4-1-3-2 or most combinations we can think of during a game. Which I think is what happened today.

- We dominated the midfield

- We didn't lose

- We played pretty football at times

- Theo scored

- Our defence looked better

- Our performances are already better than last seasons

As for the negatives

- We didn't get 3 points

- Coutts isn't creative and he's taking up a creative spot in the team

All in all a decent awayday.. But I'm not getting a sudden optimism over two away games against the ex-PL teams out of the way.. Every team in this league is poor and we are easily capable of beating anyone.. Wolves will probably play better than that and lose, we'll probably play worse at some point and win..

Watford next week should be interesting, a team full of foreigners.. It could be a very good game of football wth plenty of football on the deck and lot's of goals..

- We didn't lose

- Theo scored

As for the negatives

- We didn't get 3 points

All in all a decent awayday.. But I'm not getting a sudden optimism over two away games against the ex-PL teams out of the way.. Every team in this league is poor and we are easily capable of beating anyone.. Wolves will probably play better than that and lose, we'll probably play worse at some point and win..

Watford next week should be interesting, a team full of foreigners.. It could be a very good game of football wth plenty of football on the deck and lot's of goals..

coutts has at least 2 assists so far this season

coutts has at least 2 assists so far this season

I'm answering the bit you quoted Rimbaud, not your comments.

Man Alive and in my pest popeye voice.

I've stood all I can stand and I cant' stands no more...

Bris how the hell did you get all of that from matchday chat and ramsplayer? It's not right that you make such sweeping statements on positives or negatives when you were getting updates from BnW like the rest of those who couldnt make the game.

How anyone is able to judge Coutts as not being creative when they havent seen a second of the game. It's just not on. How you can make such concrete conclusions when you havent seen a second of the game?

Don't you think it's a bit fraudulent to make those claims?

fighting spirt of derby county is back what was nice to hear, to me we sounded like we were playing fast flowing football, and also sounded like the wingers were swichting sides also mixing it in midfield as well, that really confused wovles and they did not who to pick up, and thats what i suggested what nigal clough should do, and today it worked a treat. I also sounded like connon simon was being used a target man that this side has been missing for a while, Jamie ward sounded back to his old self like when he first arrived from shiffield united on loan. i hope jamie ward can find the net soon as i have a feeling if he can get one he will be another striker that won't be able stop scoreing just like tyson and same for connon simon. but i still this side is missing a playmaker but great to hear playing really derby football playing it on the deck.

I'm answering the bit you quoted Rimbaud, not your comments.

Man Alive and in my pest popeye voice.

I've stood all I can stand and I cant' stands no more...

Bris how the hell did you get all of that from matchday chat and ramsplayer? It's not right that you make such sweeping statements on positives or negatives when you were getting updates from BnW like the rest of those who couldnt make the game.

How anyone is able to judge Coutts as not being creative when they havent seen a second of the game. It's just not on. How you can make such concrete conclusions when you havent seen a second of the game?

Don't you think it's a bit fraudulent to make those claims?

i take it the 'ignore' button dont work then ?

- We didn't lose

- Theo scored

As for the negatives

- We didn't get 3 points

Surely u can bring yourself to mention we scored in the last 15 mins! Its all u ever go on about. it must be a postive

I'd try Jacobs next game if im honest. Also, Keogh in my opinion was fantastic. So easy on the ball and has pace about him! What annoys me about the lad is he tends to win the ball then stroll out and get tackled and then the pressures back on with him out of the picture! O'Connor was brilliant, weak in the air but on the deck he's quality! COYR

Archived