Positives from today.

North_Stand_Ram

This was my first game this season, due to being on holiday, and i was certainly pleasantly surprised.

The football we played first half was amazing, free flowing passing football, taking our time and using the wingers and fullbacks well in our attacks. Coutts and Hughes we're quality.

We got into attacking so easily, against on paper one of the best defensives in the division. But the finishing was poor and Ward and Sammon could have had hatricks by half time! Going in 1-0 down was certainly not a fair reflection on the game at all, with from my memory Fielding only being tested once all game, from Blake i recall.

Second half wasn't quite as good, but we frustrated Wolves and there fans we're certainly weren't happy with them sitting back and bringing on a defender for a midfielder.

For once Cloughs subs worked! All 3 players we're involved with the goal, Jacobs looked very bright when he came on, and certainly should be pushing for a starting place. Theos finish was sublime, and although he did **** all before the goal, thats what Theo does, he can find the back of the net in a flash!!!

Overall we are improved on last season from what i see and played far better football, the best football ive seen us play in donkeys years!

What we're your positives from the game? Roll on Watford, Up The Rams!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think the fact we dominated possession and had the majority of the chances away from hoe where we are normally poor againist a team with a fairly good defence.

i also like the fact how we not only were dangerous from open play but from set plays as well

It was a good game today if we play like that every game then the points tally should go up quite well if we were more clinacal we would of ran of with it but you cant ask for everything wolves will be up there come the end of the session so a draw at there place is note to be sniffed at 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Fully agree.

We bossed this game for large periods and on another day we could have had five. But not to worry, keep creating the chances and the goals will come.

We had a lovely balance and it says a lot that I find it difficult to pick one outstanding player. Performances such as this bode well for the remainder of the season and I firmly believe that we will make the play-offs. This is not a knee jerk reaction to one excellent performance, but an assessment based on watching a side develop, grown in maturity and confidence.

Bring it on!

Pearson.

Theo should start every game with sammon up top with him

I'd put this

Frank

Brayf keogh oconner roberts

Ward Bryson Hughes Jacobs

Sammon theo

Give Hendrick a rest pluss I just don't rate coutts yet but hopefully hell prove me wrong.

Ps Hughes will never be a winger he's a talented cm so use him as such!

Today was evidence to attack being the best form of defence. That keeping the ball is a lot easier than chasing it.

We drew 1-1.

Yet it was far more rewarding than some of the rubbish 1-0 wins we managed last season that you just knew were going to end when our little slice of luck went.

This game we probably had some bad luck. Play like this again and again, through good luck and bad...... we'll do no worse than the 10th - 16th most of us really expect to be stuck with.

Who knows how good we can be until we let ourselves go a bit.

This draw tops some wins for me.

It's nice to hear we played well and were genuinely knocking it about. On the radio it sounded as if we weren't finding enough penetration or killer balls but if you guys that went to the game are happy then so am I. I don't think Clough knows his best team yet and I can't get my head round why he keeps playing 4-4-2 with the players at his disposal. Watford will be a good gauge of this team.

It's nice to hear we played well and were genuinely knocking it about. On the radio it sounded as if we weren't finding enough penetration or killer balls but if you guys that went to the game are happy then so am I. I don't think Clough knows his best team yet and I can't get my head round why he keeps playing 4-4-2 with the players at his disposal. Watford will be a good gauge of this team.

4-4-2 appeared to work today - but it wasn't a rigid 4-4-2 the midfield were mixing it up and swapping around a bit. Ward dropped deep and wide a few times too.

Archived