James Vaughan

matty1

Yes why are they quoted so often?

Anyway, I would expect Vaughan should prefer the Rams to Huddersfield as we have twice as many fans. But wouldnt we have to agree a fee with Norwich?  So any rumours about him being shown round Moor Farm would have to assume that fee is agreed right?

I must admit I dont get this player under contract business... Brayford is looking at whats out there? Isnt h eunder contrcat to us

Depends on what the manager wants. Clough has said that any player who only has a year left will be renewed or sold (so that nobody goes for free). Other managers might be happy to just get one more year out of him. Normally though, I don't think other clubs can contact players without the club's permission.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depends on what the manager wants. Clough has said that any player who only has a year left will be renewed or sold (so that nobody goes for free). Other managers might be happy to just get one more year out of him. Normally though, I don't think other clubs can contact players without the club's permission.

I'm not so sure anyone really bothers with that rule anymore, if they ever did. You don't have to talk to a player with or without permission you just talk to their agent. It seems to me that everyone, from managers downwards, are first checked to see whether they would move and how much they might want before any approach to the 'owning' club is made. Then, of course, the buyer's hand is strengthened.

In addition we have a policy not to let someone's contract run out, whoever they are. If they won't re-sign then we sell. Seems to me to be good sense but not everyone does it otherwise there wouldn't be so many free transfers around.

I guess all that NC refers to is that John Brayford's agent, knowing our policy, will be talking to a range of clubs to see if they might be hypothetically interested in signing JB, and, if so, for how much. He and JB will then consider the options, including the new contract that Derby will want to offer him. Nigel knows this is going on and that's all he is saying, but he also knows that if a premier club wants JB then we will inevitably be outbid. Then it's up to JB whether he wants more money now, but move, or less than he could have but stay with an increase.

JB always strikes me as being a guy that likes stability and this area. Maybe for him, money isn't everything at this stage of his career. We can hope!

Clough's cunning ploy falls down when clubs realise a player is on the final year of their contract and wait for it to expire rather than pay a transfer fee. And if everyone knew Clough's thinking then they would just offer a ridiculously low amount knowing that something is better than nothing. Apart from that is a very good transfer policy :)

Clough's cunning ploy falls down when clubs realise a player is on the final year of their contract and wait for it to expire rather than pay a transfer fee. And if everyone knew Clough's thinking then they would just offer a ridiculously low amount knowing that something is better than nothing. Apart from that is a very good transfer policy :)

If i remember rightly we missed out on signing Brayford 12 months before we got him. We had to keep loaning in right backs, some decent, some not so good. It was definitely an area where we needed something better than we had.

If there is a club in the lower half of the premier league who need a right back do you honestly think they'll wait 12 months for him? He could be the difference between staying up or coming back down.

Same situation with the strikers, if a club at this level or even a top 6 from the level below thinks Theo or nathan can score 10 goals next year, do you think they'll wait?

Seems like he's getting married as well, so if he wants to choose a club, I guess he'd preferably want to be somewhere for a while, especially if him and his wife want to start a family. 

Derby has some excellent school you know James!  :ph34r:

Not sure if it's a plus or a bonus that he'll be going on holiday with Theo, as I'm not quite sure what he'll think about us.

At least Theo will make him look like Pele when they are playing beach football.

I'm more worried about settling down and starting familylife than Theo. N********M is pretty close, I'm afraid it can have affect in decision making.

Agreed.

It's close enough for the odd ricochet.

How many goals did he get then for the season? Think we need someone who's a bit more proven. Area we need to spend I think, not silly amounts, just get a decent striker in. Pretty solid now most places.

Archived