James Vaughan

matty1

Why can't we out-wage Huddersfield?

Thought Sam Rush said he's backing Nigel Clough? Backing him with what, a pack of Skittles and a Mars Bar?

Come on Sam. 

Would you advocate breaking the established wage structure for Vaughan, and risk upsetting the rest of the first team squad?

We all saw how well the promotion bonuses worked.

Also, it's only a year since Huddersfield received around 8 million for Jordan Rhodes.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think a Grigg/Russell would be a good fall back option.

If we can get Vaughan for under a mil i think we should. 14 goals in 32 games is good, not to mention the side he played in. Obviously injuries are a concern and they'd be the only put off for me. Vaughan was tipped for big things a few years back and with the right management i think he could be a top player in this division. 

Fair enough pal, no doubt Vaughan did have a huge amount of potential a few years back.

My preference would be someone who could bang in 25 goals a season, they could do **** all for the rest of the game as well as long as they stuck away the chances that come to them.

Regardless, i'm still excited to see what the summer holds. 

Grigg is a talent. Full international and Best finisher in league 1 by far.Low wages and a fee because of his age. I know some might want a Vaughan but the risks taken to get him with injuries and knowing our luck it would be 2 pre seasons before we see him. Good talent though on his day. Check grigg out though. Naturally talented

Seriously, Grigg is not as good as you think he is. Seen him. He is ok. Vaughan is better!

Besides, he died last year.

You do mean Tanny Grigg, the Seth Efrikan / English cricketer?

James Vaughan has been strongly linked with a return to Derby following a brief loan spell in 2009, but he looks set to make a permanent move to Huddersfield Town following a loan spell this season.

Derby has long been an admirer of Billy Sharp, but they would face a fierce battle for his signature with rivals Nottingham Forest, who borrowed the Southampton hitman last season.

It is likely that both Vaughan and Sharp will prove too expensive for the Rams though.

http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/Sport/Derby-County-FC/Derby-County-deal-hits-snag-as-Alex-Baptiste-is-wanted-by-Seasiders-20130515080022.htm

Archived