James Vaughan

matty1

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is such a slap in the face.

We look set to miss out on Burke, Vaughan and Baptiste, all this quality signing stuff is ********, because we just simply can't afford the wages.

Doing it for Season Ticket sales. 

If we get any proven Championship quality without selling Hughes, Hendrick, Brayford etc, then I'll eat my own ****.

Impatient little brats, it's only May, stop getting your Y fronts in a twist

Even if the talk was to shift season tickets, then I am okay with that - more people in the door the better for me.

I do, however, think saying we're going to be top 6 and then under funding the push is a dangerous game. I think we will stand in good stead for next season, even with the players we currently have - and 6 new signings is with the 7 surplus going out. 

I think if any first team players were to go, they would be rightfully replaced - or at least hope so! 

I think Sharp would prefer a move to us, over the gumps from what he told me - but, as it says I don't think we can really compete with wages for any of Baptiste, Burke, Sharp, Vaughan....etc I think we're better off focusing on realistic targets for next season, like Grant and Martin are. 

Anyone wanting over 10k a week - we're just not going to be able to afford. 

I think Waghorn would be a good bet, Shorey, Chruch, Taylor-Fletcher, Crainey and Noel Hunt (similar to that ilk, more realistic)

Would you advocate breaking the established wage structure for Vaughan, and risk upsetting the rest of the first team squad?

We all saw how well the promotion bonuses worked.

Also, it's only a year since Huddersfield received around 8 million for Jordan Rhodes.

Depends Eddie, are we breaking the wage structure for one player, or is it that we have to shift some of the "deadwood" first.

I think in jan clough said we were over budget on wages, and nobody has since left bar Roberts that I can think off, so are we missing out because of this, or is it the players demands?

As we signed both sammon and keough, on good wages (allegedly) I would say we may have funds for the transfer fee, but not the wages....yet.

But I'm guessing of course.

Church, Waghorn, GTF etc.. will be why we're midtable again next season, if we sign players like that.

You never know, with strikers it is all about form - you rarely get players who score a bag full every season, even in the championship in any position, it is the consistency that is the hardest thing to find in players and usually if players are consistent then they're expensive or want big wages. 

I hoped we would bring in at least 4 key players this summer which would need competitive wages - but it doesn't look likely, I like the idea that we may have put our best offer on the table for a couple of players, but lets face it - I guess these players were long shots, made public to sell tickets. I don't think there was any danger of any of them actually signing. 

it's still May... The season hasn't actually even finished yet.

That we've signed two players to improve the squad already is a good start. There are a lot of players on frees and out of favour at the moment, I think we'll see a lot of back and forth before the end of the window.

Lets not write it off as a bad job before it's actually even begun!

Bide your time and keep the faith. 2 signings already is a decent statement of intent and indicating an aspiration to be competing in the playoffs is fine by me. It’s the least we should be aiming for at this point. I would be quite happy if we signed Vaughan but equally, if we don’t I won’t lose too much sleep over it. He would be a gamble but a gamble that is probably worth pursuing - he has had his first half of a season in god knows how long where he has scored some goals and kept fit. He is no Billy Sharp, Ricky Lambert, Jordan Rhodes, Charlie Austin etc etc (people who have stayed fit and scored goals year on year at a number of levels) but he could work out well with a bit of luck.

I can imagine some of our rivals being equally excited about signing Theo from us for the same reasons but we feel different because he's already here and we've seen him every week. People tend to focus on the extreme positives and extreme negatives of any situation at this time of the year. We are not going to spend big or bust the bank on wages but that doesn’t mean we won’t pick up a decent front man who can score goals.

My all-time hero is still a chap from South Shields who we signed from Halifax as a relatively unknown in 1981. I'd be quite happy to take a punt down that route if we ended up unearthing anything close to Bobby Davison.

Doing it for Season Ticket sales. 

If we get any proven Championship quality without selling Hughes, Hendrick, Brayford etc, then I'll eat my own ****.

Oh good heavens, go sit in a corner and think about what you just said, if we have a good summer and build a strong team you'll eat excrement, what the truck?

it's still May... The season hasn't actually even finished yet.

That we've signed two players to improve the squad already is a good start. There are a lot of players on frees and out of favour at the moment, I think we'll see a lot of back and forth before the end of the window.

Lets not write it off as a bad job before it's actually even begun!

But it's the best way to keep some on here unhappy - and that in itself makes them happy.

For some football fans, never has the word 'oxymoron' been more apt.

Oh good heavens, go sit in a corner and think about what you just said, if we have a good summer and build a strong team you'll eat excrement, what the truck?

50 million flies can't be wrong, surely?

I love this. So far, no one at the club has even mentioned Vaughan. But with fans and local media getting themselves in a twist about it, I can guarantee someone will give it the "we were promised James Vaughan but we failed" nonsense. 

Since when has the Burton Mail been the bastion of all knowledge on the club anyway?

Vaughan I wouldn't be overly fussed about coming and Sharp - the consensus of opinion with the Tricky Trees is that he's has being trying for the second hlaf of the season so they wouldn't be fussed about retaining his services - so what's the issue?

I love this. So far, no one at the club has even mentioned Vaughan. But with fans and local media getting themselves in a twist about it, I can guarantee someone will give it the "we were promised James Vaughan but we failed" nonsense. 

Since when has the Burton Mail been the bastion of all knowledge on the club anyway?

Aye but somebody will find an interview on Rams Player where the words James and contract in the same 10 minute period and win the forum fight so hush down!

Archived