James Vaughan

matty1

Rush skirted round the subject of Vaughan this morning, managed not to say anything and moved the discussion away from the question. He was direct about Baptiste and Sharpe.  Do we assume that talks with Vaughan are still on going ?

Would you mind giving an overview of what he said toldu?

Especially on Sharpe? Did he rule him out?

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would you mind giving an overview of what he said toldu?

Especially on Sharpe? Did he rule him out?

He basically said it's Nigel who chooses targets and we do have a number of them. He did then go on to infer that Sharp is not someone he thinks is on that list. The exact words escape me, but that was the jist of it.

He said that the transfer situation is particularly quiet at the moment due to the high turn over of managers.

Nigel DOES have more money made available to him this summer and more will be there in January if the squad needs strengthening. for the run in

Given that Nigel has a target list and will bring in players in key areas, the general situation is fluid and depends on movement ie. if  and where other spaces appear when players move / do not move out.

He was very complimentary about Nigel's management ,how much he cares about the Club and how he has overhauled the club from bottom to top  -  rescued it from a very dark place.  The spade work is now complete.  -     He, himself, is enjoying life immensely at our club. It is a massive job. He absolutely loves it and feels it is a huge privilege to be doing it.He has been particularly impressed by the fundamental decency of our fans

Its worth a listen.     Far removed from Slick Glick

He said that the transfer situation is particularly quiet at the moment due to the high turn over of managers.

Nigel DOES have more money made available to him this summer and more will be there in January if the squad needs strengthening. for the run in

Given that Nigel has a target list and will bring in players in key areas, the general situation is fluid and depends on movement ie. if  and where other spaces appear when players move / do not move out.

He was very complimentary about Nigel's management ,how much he cares about the Club and how he has overhauled the club from bottom to top  -  rescued it from a very dark place.  The spade work is now complete.  -     He, himself, is enjoying life immensely at our club. It is a massive job. He absolutely loves it and feels it is a huge privilege to be doing it.He has been particularly impressed by the fundamental decency of our fans

Its worth a listen.     Far removed from Slick Glick

thanks a lot toldu.

thanks Srg.

Huddersfield are in need of a few strikers now so not such a big surprise. They released Novak and Beckford, Vaughan and Robinson were all only on loan. It wouldn't surprise me if they push the boat out a bit more to get Vaughan as their need is greater than ours really.
My uncle supports Walsall and he thinks Paterson is a better player than Grigg but I can't say I've seen either play

Huddersfield are in need of a few strikers now so not such a big surprise. They released Novak and Beckford, Vaughan and Robinson were all only on loan. It wouldn't surprise me if they push the boat out a bit more to get Vaughan as their need is greater than ours really.

My uncle supports Walsall and he thinks Paterson is a better player than Grigg but I can't say I've seen either play

Novak is woeful, as is Robinson (sorry), Beckford was in and out of form and Vaughan was their star man. 

They do need some strikers bad though, but I don't think it will be hard for them to improve, and at half the price too.. 

Hudds need 3-4 strikers this window. Vaughan is keeping his options open, understandably, its a massive move for him and his family where ever he goes. Not to mention he's getting married this summer, so kids are more than likely not far away.... 

If he does go to Hudds, it will be the majority of their budget, i'd imagine. He's their number one target and the fans love him. Can see them pushing out the boat to get him. We obviously have other targets. Can't see us being hung up on him for to long. If he's messing us around, move on. 

Huddersfield Town plan to step up bid for Norwich City's James Vaughan as Derby County circle

HUDDERSFIELD Town are ready to step up their bid to bring in James Vaughan.

The striker is due back from holiday later this week, and it’s believed Premier League Norwich are willing to listen to offers for the 24-year-old.

Vaughan, of course, top scored with 14 goals last season and was named Town’s Player of the Year before landing the Championship Player of the Month award for April, when he scored a hat trick in the crucial 3-1 win at Bristol City.

He cost the Canaries £2.5m from Everton two years ago and is under contract for a further year, but has made only one start and five appearances as a substitute.

Other clubs are said to be in the chase – including Championship rivals Derby, where he had a spell on loan in 2009 – but Town hope the links they have forged with both the player and Norwich during the sale of winger Anthony Pilkington in 2011 will pay dividends.

Frontline recruits are a priority for manager Mark Robins, who has also been linked with Ruben Rochina, the Blackburn player on loan at Real Zaragoza, and Dundee United’s 20-goal forward Johnny Russell as well as Walsall winger Jamie Paterson. http://www.examiner.co.uk/huddersfield-town-fc/huddersfield-town-news/2013/05/27/86081-33388820/?

I'd still be suprised if he chose Hudds over us. Sounds like he might be putting it off until his wedding which means at least another month of waking up and checking the DET in hope of some exciting news!

Archived