James Vaughan

matty1

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many goals did he get then for the season? Think we need someone who's a bit more proven. Area we need to spend I think, not silly amounts, just get a decent striker in. Pretty solid now most places.

More than Billy Sharp

Yeah I agree - good player but his injury record really puts me off.

I'm not sure why Huddersfield would be a bigger draw than us either - they may be able to offer better wages but they'll be bottom 6 again next season. Tedious though we find it, the worst Derby will finish will be midtable again & if he doesn't recognise the role he could play in making us top 6 then more fool him.

At Huddersfield he's had a consistent run of games injury free, scored goals, is liked by the fans and the management and so feels confident and wanted - that could play a big part in his decision making.

Perhaps he's seen that we would want to be rotating our strikers and feels that Huddersfield will give him more game time? Perhaps he just associates his brief spell with us with another spell on the sidelines? There's loads of reasons footballers choose one club over another and it doesn't have to mean that they see one club as 'a better club' than the other, just a better club for them.

Wouldn't disagree about him enjoying his time on loan there but that doesn't necessarily mean a permanent move there would be wise (in my biased opinion of course). World of difference between a 6 month loan contract & a 3 year permanent contract - particularly when Huddersfield very realistically could be in League One come 2014/15.

With regard to his potential position at Derby - I'd be very surprised if Clough didn't see him as first choice striker & hasn't told him/his agent that would be the case.

At Huddersfield he's had a consistent run of games injury free, scored goals, is liked by the fans and the management and so feels confident and wanted - that could play a big part in his decision making.

Fair point, but if Hudds were all that to him, why hasn't he just signed. I wouldn't rule us out yet, or in fact that he might go somewhere else altogether.

I can't see us getting Vaughan...his agent may fancy the move to Derby, as he may recognise we have a better chance of promotion next season but he's just had his best season in football with a club who already love him (and will probably push the boat out, wages wise), plus he's on his stag do with Theo, who may not be the most complimentary about our Nige!

I can't see us getting Vaughan...his agent may fancy the move to Derby, as he may recognise we have a better chance of promotion next season but he's just had his best season in football with a club who already love him (and will probably push the boat out, wages wise), plus he's on his stag do with Theo, who may not be the most complimentary about our Nige!

Theo still respects Nigel I think as it was Theo who asked to go out on loan. Plus Theo gets on with everyone at the club and can tell him about how fun the training sessions are and how the Lads are so close.

"Huddersfield Town have made Walsall ace Jamie Paterson their number one transfer target this summer." (Sky Sports)

Jamie Paterson is a striker, so could this mean they are priced out/giving up on Vaughan?

Hope so.

Charlton could still be in the hunt for Vaughan too

I really want this one to come off. The kind of player we're crying out for in my opinion and a player that could take a half chance away from home which is what we really miss.

Huddersfield after another striker could be a good sign but then again they do need about 3! No sign of them taking Theo of our hands.

Rush skirted round the subject of Vaughan this morning, managed not to say anything and moved the discussion away from the question. He was direct about Baptiste and Sharpe.  Do we assume that talks with Vaughan are still on going ?

Archived