Callum Ball

DerbyRam!

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sell him on the cheap, he's no use for us, though I've no doubt in League Two he'll be a handy addition if he can get some aggression into his game.

After that it's up to him how far he goes, but he's certainly not someone I'd want starting for us next season. 

We'll see. Showed flashes of brilliance last season but we'll have to see 

Brilliance? He really didn't. We've clearly had distinctly average for far too long.

He may well be competent in five years time but he's certainly not good enough now and would be much better off working his way up the leagues.

So we need to get rid of a 20 year old striker that has scored a few goals already in the championship (a couple were very good) because Coventry wanted to use more experienced players and he got injured there and struggled to get back into the team?

I think we should see how he develops next season then decide.

So we need to get rid of a 20 year old striker that has scored a few goals already in the championship (a couple were very good) because Coventry wanted to use more experienced players and he got injured there and struggled to get back into the team?

I think we should see how he develops next season then decide.

He's shown very little and had a season in the division below and barely mustered a goal. He's not shown enough quality to warrant us keeping him on in my opinion and he'd be better off gaining experience elsewhere because he certainly isn't good enough here.

He's shown very little and had a season in the division below and barely mustered a goal. He's not shown enough quality to warrant us keeping him on in my opinion and he'd be better off gaining experience elsewhere because he certainly isn't good enough here.

I disagree, he has shown he posses some quality all 3 of his goals for us were good goals. It hasn't worked for him at Cov for one reason or another but I don't think he should be written off for it. I can see in 5/6 years people moaning that we let go too soon (if we did of course) as he enters his prime he could easily be a top striker.

You can't keep everyone.

I remember going to watch Derby's reserves quite a bit back in the 1960's (my cousin was playing for them at the time) and there was a lad who used to bang them in left, right and centre who went on to have a pretty steady career - Phil Boyer. I don't think he ever played in the first team, either under Tim Ward or Brian Clough. Did ok later though.

The same might be true of Callum Ball - he might come good elsewhere, even if his time at Coventry was seen as failure. Equally he might come good at Derby in a year or two, but he might not. There were plenty of folk two seasons - or even six months ago - who were saying that Jeff Hendrick was a waste of space.

You can't keep everyone.

I remember going to watch Derby's reserves quite a bit back in the 1960's (my cousin was playing for them at the time) and there was a lad who used to bang them in left, right and centre who went on to have a pretty steady career - Phil Boyer. I don't think he ever played in the first team, either under Tim Ward or Brian Clough. Did ok later though.

The same might be true of Callum Ball - he might come good elsewhere, even if his time at Coventry was seen as failure. Equally he might come good at Derby in a year or two, but he might not. There were plenty of folk two seasons - or even six months ago - who were saying that Jeff Hendrick was a waste of space.

I agree you can't keep everyone but I think we should keep Ball, he is better than Doyle and he has another year to impress and I think the same should be said to Ball.

I speak to Coventry fans and they think he is worse than useless.

For a big fella, he's useless in the air and he's slower than Chris Martin.

Lay off the lad, he's only 19!

Archived