Callum Ball

DerbyRam!

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

was on the bench yesterday, should be fit by now

Oh thats good I thought it was a bad injury. Hope he starts scoring. Just needs to be a bit more athletic. He definitely has the eye for goal but it takes time for him to shift his weight. A little bit of pace and he could be a good player in the style of Stephen Fletcher. Very cultured left foot and holds it up well. Another good prospect

He came on as a sub in their League Trophy match last night. His first appearance in months for the Sky Blues. He seems way down the pecking order there and don't think he is in the Cov managers plans. The move there was hampered by his injury, but he has struggled to make an impact there. Suppose its all part of the learning curve for him. He has a long way to go if he is going to make it as a Pro, let alone a Derby player, or a player at Championship level.

Yet to score in the league for them. Even if his loan spell doesn't go well though, I'm still sure he could have a future for the side. Nigel has gotten the best out of the strikers he's had so far, him having a hard time at Coventry may not mean that much overall.

Yet to score in the league for them. Even if his loan spell doesn't go well though, I'm still sure he could have a future for the side. Nigel has gotten the best out of the strikers he's had so far, him having a hard time at Coventry may not mean that much overall.

Plus I'm sure most of his appearances were as a late sub.

Plus I'm sure most of his appearances were as a late sub.

It's sad to see a loan end up like this. I would have hoped we had a recall clause on him for this reason. Surely the U21s is better than this, but oh well.

He seems a natural goalscorer, much like Theo, and naturally as they are a risk. He won't stand out physically or in most ways in training, but he'll have that knack for goals. A 'Danny Graham' type if you will. That said, much like Doyle, I hope we get off his back and give him a damn chance.

It's sad to see a loan end up like this. I would have hoped we had a recall clause on him for this reason. Surely the U21s is better than this, but oh well.

He seems a natural goalscorer, much like Theo, and naturally as they are a risk. He won't stand out physically or in most ways in training, but he'll have that knack for goals. A 'Danny Graham' type if you will. That said, much like Doyle, I hope we get off his back and give him a damn chance.

Dont think that many people are on Callum Balls back.

he has done alright whenever he plays for a 19 year old or whatever he is. You cant help injuries.

Dont think that many people are on Callum Balls back.

he has done alright whenever he plays for a 19 year old or whatever he is. You cant help injuries.

Porter, so many people seem to blame Porter (or Clough) for that hip injury.

Ball will also turn 21 by the first October season back with us, if he stays with us next season.

Porter, so many people seem to blame Porter (or Clough) for that hip injury.

Ball will also turn 21 by the first October season back with us, if he stays with us next season.

Callum ball will be 21 jesus it wasnt long ago he was playing under 18s. Needs to up it next seaon then i ddint hate Porter but most did I agree it wasn't his fault. Hip injury. However i dont think he was any good even if wasn't injured but that doesn't matter.

Ball is 20 now, making no impact whatsoever a division below us. I'm all for giving youth a chance etc but players have to take chances like this.

If he went to Coventry scored 10-15 goals over the season then I'd be very impressed and could see him making an impact next season.

As it is I struggle to see much of a future for him. Imagine he had no connection with derby, and we signed this 20 year old from coventrys bench/reserves who has yet to score 10 goals in his career. There'd be uproar on this forum.

He looks ok at best to me, league 2 striker maybe. Really can't see him going any higher,

The same with Doyle for me, had three seasons to make an impact. Achieved nothing, personally I think he's been lucky to have had three seasons with us.

As for Saul deeney, jobs for the boys if ever I saw it! What does he actually do?

Callum ball will be 21 jesus it wasnt long ago he was playing under 18s. Needs to up it next seaon then i ddint hate Porter but most did I agree it wasn't his fault. Hip injury. However i dont think he was any good even if wasn't injured but that doesn't matter.

Porter showed, if only briefly, in those early games something that we needed, something that Sammon offers now. He held up the ball, and he scored goals, two things we lacked at the time, and two things we didn't see until Sammon arrived. Sammon certainly isn't a goalscorer, but he has surprisingly (again, I said upon him signing that I'd be more than happy with 8 from him considering the type of player he is) he has scored 7 so far.

Ball is 20 now, making no impact whatsoever a division below us. I'm all for giving youth a chance etc but players have to take chances like this.

If he went to Coventry scored 10-15 goals over the season then I'd be very impressed and could see him making an impact next season.

As it is I struggle to see much of a future for him. Imagine he had no connection with derby, and we signed this 20 year old from coventrys bench/reserves who has yet to score 10 goals in his career. There'd be uproar on this forum.

He looks ok at best to me, league 2 striker maybe. Really can't see him going any higher,

The same with Doyle for me, had three seasons to make an impact. Achieved nothing, personally I think he's been lucky to have had three seasons with us.

As for Saul deeney, jobs for the boys if ever I saw it! What does he actually do?

Danny Graham, goals by 20 years of age?

...3 league goals...

Archived