Callum Ball

DerbyRam!

Derby County striker Callum Ball has joined League 1 outfit Coventry City on a season-long loan deal.

The 19-year-old powerhouse forward has joined Andy Thorn's side as part of the deal which saw Sky Blues defender Richard Keogh join Derby for an undisclosed fee earlier today.

Ball, who scored three goals 25 appearances for Derby last season, is a product of the Rams' Academy after signing a three-year professional contract last summer.

One of his three goals came against the Sky Blues in Derby's 1-0 home win in January 2012, during a spell which saw the frontman score three goals in seven appearances.

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/javaImages/ce/8d/0,,10270%7E10390990,00

On The Ball: Callum Ball scored Derby's goal in January's 1-0 win over Coventry City at Pride Park Stadium

Derby boss Nigel Clough said: "This is a great chance for Callum to get a full season under his belt on the first-team scene at a team where he's going to be a first-team regular; it's a really good opportunity for him.

"The experience he will gain will be invaluable and we'll be keeping a close eye his progress at the Ricoh Arena."

"He has a long-term future with Derby County and we're looking at the bigger picture with Callum here and when he comes to us in a year's time he will be all the better for it."

Ball was a regular on the scoresheet for Derby's youth and reserve sides before signing professional terms last summer and he has racked up 31 appearances in total at first-team level.

Definately must of been part of the deal for Richard 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />, good chance for him to get some first team football and i think he can get some good experience there, 10-15 goals if they play him right

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only going if a fee can be agreed.

I think it depends on whether our striking targets are available and interested. I think NC will wait for concrete news on his CF targets and I don't think we need to rush this one through. It's SD who wants out not us who are pushing.

I could see us keeping him and his goals until the January window, even with 6 months left if he's got 10-12 by jan one of the bigger boys will take a punt. Thats what I would be saying to jewell. Meet our price or he stays, plays and you risk getting gazumped in jan.

750k will do it.

Good opportunity for Callum by the way. He'll definitely get games.

I could see us keeping him and his goals until the January window, even with 6 months left if he's got 10-12 by jan one of the bigger boys will take a punt. Thats what I would be saying to jewell. Meet our price or he stays, plays and you risk getting gazumped in jan.

Yeah but with his record hell be injured for 2 months before January 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I'm kinda of the opinion he's being over rated a tad as he's come through the ranks at Derby, all our kids seem to be the next superstar waiting to happen. I wish him well and it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't come back to Derby.

Archived