I love Jake Buxton (from the heart)

sage

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair play to him, in the championship, teams that have grit and determination will always finish above those that don't

Er no they don't.It helps but having good players is better.Last season Southampton West Ham and Reading for

example.Peterbrough and Donny tried hard.

Er no they don't.It helps but having good players is better.Last season Southampton West Ham and Reading for

example.Peterbrough and Donny tried hard.

Your cynicism has no place on this love thread.

Buxton would be a great captain (genuinely) no doubt in my mind, he would give his left ******* to not just win the league, or a game but even a header or a 50/50 tackle.

He shows genuine heart, them tuesday night games against Barnsley where the fair weathers aren't on it, the players like Buxton drag them through that, he is integral mainly due to his attitude and I don't think many of the Derby players would begrudge him if he wore the captains arm band!

On the footballing side, being serious, he is a much better distributor of the ball than Shackell. Good positional sense helps with his lack of pace but he is full of grit and a tidy player. I also think Tom Naylor will suprise a few this season. Would still like to see Pearce in from Notts County but either way ................... Bring it on!

I love Bucko me, but I can't help thinking amidst all these 'Bucko for captain', 'Best CB we have' and 'Bucko for senior class prom queen' claims, would be so hyped about him if he hadn't scored against Forest?

take away the forest goal, and he would still be the same in my mind.

If it wasn't for his lack of pace, no doubt in my mind he would be a good premiership defender, but his lack of pace is that bad its always a worry, if someone gets the better of him he usually can't stop it whereas other defenders can't, but he excels in other areas.

Buxton is a basic kick and head it player, a modern version of what darren moore was. Like Darren Moore he would do anything to help the cause and get a victory, however he needs to be paired up with someone with experience and someone who can distribute the ball out.

I'm a bit worried about his judgement if he rated Carroll, Claude and Albrechtsen though - maybe a career in management is not for him.

Being local I know a few people who know him, went to school with him etc and I have not heard anything negative from any of them - I do prefer to see him on the bench but love how a load of Forest fans were giving him the Mansfield reject tag and then he pops up with the winner

Buxton is a basic kick and head it player, a modern version of what darren moore was. Like Darren Moore he would do anything to help the cause and get a victory, however he needs to be paired up with someone with experience and someone who can distribute the ball out.

We have missed that kind of centre half for a while.

No. He is much more than that. His distribution is not bad. Certainly better than Shackell.

Archived