I love Jake Buxton (from the heart)

sage

I really like Jake Buxton really do. He's always got time for the fans which is a great quality and he's fought back from injuries that nearly finished his career. He almost gave up the game. But can he shut out the likes of Wolves , Bolton , Brum etc etc without Shackelss guidance. I don't think he can but ill be happy if he does because he's all heart and I can see what people see in him. Don't forget he's now the older statesman and will be guiding the likes of Obrien and Naylor etc. Hope he does well wouldn't be my first choice. Shackell was a superb centre back though for me. Only mistake I can remember from him was at Posh away.

Shackell was good, wouldn't say he was superb.

He had a patch of games where he wasn't great. Looks the part but essentially is a really, really good stopper. His distribution isn't good at all, he's certainly not the 'player' part of a defensive combo in my opinion.

Would liked to have kept him but I'm not losing any sleep over him, or his replacement.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

always liked Bucko's interview before one of the Forest games, he was well aware of the rivalry and how hard you need to hit there players to let them know your there early in the game. , basically put them on there backsides!!

For me he has the spirit of a Derby player from the old 70's Always wears his heart very much on his sleeve and loves being at Derby. Although not as good , nobody is, he reminds of a Colin Todd type of player

No. He is much more than that. His distribution is not bad. Certainly better than Shackell.

on that we shall disagree, his distribution is as basic as I have ever seen from a professional. He is a new version of Darren Moore that is it.

We have missed that kind of centre half for a while.

I'm not saying we haven't but people overestimate Buxton's abilities. Some saying he is better than shackell? especially at distributing which is nonsense, while Shackell did have a tendency to go for a hollywood pass he had good control of the ball and could play it out which he often did. Buxton offers in reality no such outlet.

I'm not saying we haven't but people overestimate Buxton's abilities. Some saying he is better than shackell? especially at distributing which is nonsense, while Shackell did have a tendency to go for a hollywood pass he had good control of the ball and could play it out which he often did. Buxton offers in reality no such outlet.

In reality, he did towards the end of last season.

I don't think he's better than Shackell but he's earned the right to be considered as a first teamer based on his performances in 11/12.

Some of the people on this forum think we've just sold Jaap Stam in his pomp, not Jason Shackell.

It's the first time Young Ram has let another Jason into his heart since Jason Donovan got old and wrinkly, I don't blame him for being upset, takes time to get over these things at that age

It's the first time Young Ram has let another Jason into his heart since Jason Donovan got old and wrinkly, I don't blame him for being upset, takes time to get over these things at that age

who is Jason Donovan? and can I have a name change to Young Ram18? I am not 18 afterall not 15. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

In reality, he did towards the end of last season.

I don't think he's better than Shackell but he's earned the right to be considered as a first teamer based on his performances in 11/12.

Some of the people on this forum think we've just sold Jaap Stam in his pomp, not Jason Shackell.

I think he still looked very nervous on the ball even towards the end of the season and looked fragile when passing it. I don't believe Jason Shackell or Barker are irreplacable however they do need to be replaced in my view.

who is Jason Donovan? and can I have a name change to Young Ram18? I am not 18 afterall not 15. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Who is Jason Donavan?

http://netstorage.metrolyrics.com/artists/large/5889/jason-donovan-jason-donovan-hopes-appearing-on-strictly-come-dancing-will-lead-to-more-tv-roles

Archived