I love Jake Buxton (from the heart)

sage

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No. He is much more than that. His distribution is not bad. Certainly better than Shackell.

I agree, casting my mind back to assists for goals from Bryson and Robinson. He makes some dodgy passes but he can certainly pick out a long ball.

His only downfalls are positing and pace. Apart from that, he always had an uphill struggle to satisfy fans purely from where we signed him from. The Forest goal went some way to helping that.

This is the guy who most Derby fans hated up until the forest game.

Not true at all. This is the guy who most people thought was ok, who some KNEW he was superb already and a few who hammered him cos he was "NLNs boy".

I know which group I think are the fools.

Whenever I see Buxton give an interview I find myself smiling and shouting Get in Bucko a lot. He's a proper football fans type of player.

A lot of people smoking drugs last night by the looks of things, and Buxton superb is a warning to all kids not to touch them as you can see what it does to your mental state 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

However on the plus side its nice not to be reading through 20 threads on the same boring theme about the financial side of the club.

Superb doesn't just relate to his ability. I think he's a good championship centre half.

I just think he's superb in general, his attitude, his endeavour, the fact he called his dad a red dog, the fact he probably would run through a brick wall if we asked. The fact that he took his chance and the fact that he's grateful for every second of it.

Then the cherry on the cake was his interview this week. If you watched it you'd see what we mean.

Buxton or Shackell PBW you chose.

Shackell 80% of the time, Buxton for the other 20.

Remember Leacock and Moore partnership - Moore was all heart and effort, whereas Leacock was the much better footballer but was laid back.

Same there 80% I would want that much better footballer, but the other 20 I think you need that heart and drive to get you through certain games.

Shackell 80% of the time, Buxton for the other 20.

Remember Leacock and Moore partnership - Moore was all heart and effort, whereas Leacock was the much better footballer but was laid back.

Same there 80% I would want that much better footballer, but the other 20 I think you need that heart and drive to get you through certain games.

Although saying that, we've got it all pretty much in Barker but injured 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

Hmmm, I thought G Roberto was pretty class. Along with Bucko, hardly put a foot wrong.

Ah yeah, sorry I meant CB. Roberts had a great season too, if consistency is what is judged when it comes to player of the year, he probably should have got it.

What's new PBW we've lost our best pairing of Barker and Shackell. Who have we now Bucko and Naylor. Or Naylor and Obrien. Forget Keogh I'll be very surprised if he arrives at the Rams.

Off topic.

This thread is purely for the worship of St. Jake of Derby. There'll be a public holiday in Derbyshire for him in a 100 years time.

There's even a song in the charts about him just now.....

He's big and he's bad

I love him like ma-ad

Jakey, he's the best we ever had..............

The thing I love about Jake Buxton, is that it was always my dream to play professional football, and play for Derby. He looks, sounds, acts and plays like it was his dream. He's on your average supporter's level, and brings a bit of normality, honesty and integrity back to a sport that has drastically lost it's way through racism, affairs, drug taking and betting scandals.

And he's a good centre half.

Deluded. Buxton is an average Championship player who gives 100 percent every game when fit. He's a trier who is good for a team like ours. Like the bloke myself but not as a regular.

When do you feel he let us down?

Archived