Richard Keogh

BorneoRam

How many goals did we actually concede through corners / set piece from the wings though?

Obviously, we can't put an actual figure on it but I remember remarking towards the end of last season that, for saying we were supposedly weak at defending crosses, I couldn't think of the last one we'd conceded from.

Now i think about it. You're right. Its just that i think, after watching keogh, he will prove to be better. I may be wrong but only time will tell like i said 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as I'm concerned, staying on your feet is good defending, not 'scared of a challenge'. I thought he was excellent on tuesday night. And regarding Adebola, Keogh got out-muscled once in the entire game - and whatever you think of Adebola talent-wise, he's strong enough to out-muscle any defender at any level of football.

Nowt wrong with Keogh and Buxton. So long as he has someone established next to him Buxton looks very decent. His last poor performance must have been before his long term injury, and even just before that he and Barker had a decent spell together.

Bit too much optimism so I'll finish my post by saying Conor Doyle.

Nowt wrong with Keogh and Buxton. So long as he has someone established next to him Buxton looks very decent. His last poor performance must have been before his long term injury, and even just before that he and Barker had a decent spell together.

Connor Doyle will score for us in the league this season - you heard it here first! Optimistic I know.

I only recall him having one bad game, and all I really remember about it was it was after a long injury layoff and was almost immediately followed by the one that kept him out until mid last year. I remember being slated by posters on another forum for saying that Buxton would be a valuable player for us once he's back, back early mid last season. I then remember being slated for saying that he can do a job at this level. He was always solid when given a run in the team and I don't doubt that he could do a good job this season, the only thing that really worries me about him is his injury record.

As far as I'm concerned, staying on your feet is good defending, not 'scared of a challenge'. I thought he was excellent on tuesday night. And regarding Adebola, Keogh got out-muscled once in the entire game - and whatever you think of Adebola talent-wise, he's strong enough to out-muscle any defender at any level of football.

Watch the highlights mate and tell me he doesn't get turned

Archived