Will Clough go to Forest? Do you want to see him go?

Davey B

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry I missed the L whilst typing, here it is just for you [size=8]L[/size]

?

Sure it is a very very witty post so please forgive me for not understanding it.

Ah, just read back and see my mistake.

Interestingly I was not the only person to spell PARTICULARLY wrong in this thread!

No and no.

I don't think he'll hate Forest though. Brian didn't. He once said he'd like to see us both in the PL.

I'd imagine Derby and Forest are important to Nigel. I think he'll understand the fickle love/hate nature of fans in regards to the stick he gets at City Ground.

Doesn't bother me if he prefers Forest either. They were his club. He's professional and wants to succeed as a manager first and foremost anyway.

He won't go. Doubt he'll ever walk.

He can't go due to the badges and I'm not really fussed either way to be honest.

You know that badges thing? Is that true or was it how the Mirror worked an excuse for him not going after he was "set to take charge of his boyhood club"?

It's just all I remember was "news'" papers saying he was off down the A52 then I saw that the badges were the reason it fell through.

I didn't read about the badge thing on anything reliable.... But to be honest, I didn't look either.

i dont think clough would want to go, and i dont think we would go for him.

i personally wouldnt want him

I can understand you not wanting him Stan. I don't think he's the type to approve of hitting women.

Cannock Chase quiet tonight? woof! woof!

No he will not go because he hasn't got his badges yet, however he is working on them. Also I do not know the situation with him and Forest, you do get the feeling he doesn't like them when we play them but that is just me.

I'm still confused on this 'badges' thing. Are they like training courses or something? Do you have to go out into the woods and do survival crap like a Boy Scout? Why do you need badges to coach somewhere at the same level of play? I would think that you could coach another professional team if you're already coaching a professional team.

I can't believe this thread is still going. He ain't got the badges

ROK. Yep they are like courses not sure what they have to do but you have to hold creating ones to take up employment at a certain level

Clough took charge before the A badge rule came in so can continue

If you get promoted then you can continue.

The badge thing didn't originate in the mirror I don't think - I'm sure a poster in here found the rules and posted then before the Mirror spotted their cockup

If Forest want Nigel (and their new owners have any money) then he'll go.

The key part of this rumour is the 'c' word - compensation. If GSE sniff an incoming fee then they will let him know that he is no longer wanted at Derby.

The coaching badge thing is a bit of a red herring. Nigel has a UEFA B Licence - from what I hear he has completed everything he needs to do to get his A badge other than coaching a non-football team for a few days. He could have his badge before the season kicks off. Even without it he can still do the job, but his title can't be manager. He would just work for a couple of weeks as something like a football director or associate coach.

If they want him, he'll go. However, I doubt that they'd want him as this type of new owner tends to go for bigger names. Hoddle has been linked and that is the sort of manager that I expect to go.

Wouldn't be bothered in the slightest if he left. I think he's only still at PP as the board lack ambition, he's cheap and more importantly his name is Clough!

If he spent half as much time encouraging the players during the match as what he does arguing with third official we might get more points!

Bring it on blinkered Clough fans.

Archived