Will Clough go to Forest? Do you want to see him go?

Davey B

I'd say NC has had in the region of £5m to spend since he arrived, it's hard to arrive at an exact figure due to undisclosed fee's but £5m wouldn't be far out. And that's not including loan fee's, I was told Bueno's loan cost the club £750,000 (could be wrong but supposedly the Hulse fee pretty much paid for Bueno)

So he could have had a fairly substantial amount we don't really know due to the loans and undisclosed culture we now have. Admittedly wages have become a bigger issue season on season.

£5m, but look at what he's had to offload...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my opinion, I think he's got the job he wanted already. I think he wants to be successful here.

I doubt he hates them he just knows that the two games against them are by far and away the two games he doesn't want to lose. His dad was the same. It's been drilled into him since he could talk. You can't lose to those buggers the other side of the A52, no matter which side of it you are in charge of!!! The players as well will be under no illusions how much it means to the whole staff.

Frank Clarke didn't exactly do NC any favours when he left as a player either, so if Frank stays as Chairman I couldnt even see them making an approach. Much the same as that clown Pleat when he was there, I dont think they fancy NC the manager.

If he's successful with us I honestly dont think there's a club in the country he would leave for.

Is that 5m OVER and above the 4.9m he's brought in - or is that indicating a 100k surplus spend over the 4 years?

Actually I forgot the Maguire and Addison sale's 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' /> Also the Jacobs and Coutts signings for £600k

Adding Maguire, Addison and Shacks together to get an assumed £1.45m

You could argue that we have spent in the REGION of £5.6m and raised now £6.35m. So now a £750k surplus.

As I said before if you included loan fees, these figures would go up significantly. Especially the money spent column.

Without looking at the accounts we will never know the true fee's but these are the best figures I can find from media sources.

??? Can anyone name a manager thats done well when theyve had to reduce the wage bill and had very little to spend ???

Greats like Bill Shankly struggled in better circumstances than Nigel Clough has faced. I think we are very lucky to have him.

Paul Lambert?

Paul Lambert's a decent shout, done well wherever he went but I always think he's always thinking about his next position.

I think Villa are merely another stepping stone to his holy grail, be that Celtic or wherever he believes he should be and subsequently while we might have had a successful time under his stewardship had he ever been appointed I don't think he would have been here long.

Paul Lambert is a great manager, but not had to do what Clough has had to do. Lambert never had to restructure anything at Norwich was all done by the bloke before hand, who lost the first game 7-1 (too Lambert) and then he was always allowed money to grow and he did spend it very well in fairness, I think he got out at the right time at Norwich, none of the players he signed are top quality players but they work hard in the same direction, that direction this summer seems to have been split and wouldn't be surprised to see them fumble.

I would be absolutely gutted if Billy went back to Forest, as you can almost guarantee relative success under his stewardship, just doubt their owners want the pleasure of meeting him.

As for Clough, its easy to sell him short but he knows the division now and knows the players, can tell he works hard and knows what he wants, the team is building towards that point. If we were to change manager, under these circumstances where external investment is covering losses and no parachute payments, then we would be very lucky to stay in a similar position, not saying we couldn't do better but if we was to make the decision 10 times, I would say 8 times out of 10 we would go the wrong way.

I reall rate Clough and would be extremely worried if he left at the moment especially with Glick going. I don't really think people appreciate the overhaul he's overseen and to get us close to the playoffs for most of the season last year was a really good job with the likes of Leicester and teams with parachute payments chasing promotion.

Who knows what he would do with a decent transfer kitty

Archived