Will Clough go to Forest? Do you want to see him go?

Davey B

Wouldn't be bothered in the slightest if he left. I think he's only still at PP as the board lack ambition, he's cheap and more importantly his name is Clough!

If he spent half as much time encouraging the players during the match as what he does arguing with third official we might get more points!

Bring it on blinkered Clough fans.

God dang,

You are Clough aren't you?

You nearly tricked the old poacher turned game keeper then, how are you Nigel?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

??? Can anyone name a manager thats done well when theyve had to reduce the wage bill and had very little to spend ???

Greats like Bill Shankly struggled in better circumstances than Nigel Clough has faced. I think we are very lucky to have him.

??? Can anyone name a manager thats done well when theyve had to reduce the wage bill and had very little to spend ???

Greats like Bill Shankly struggled in better circumstances than Nigel Clough has faced. I think we are very lucky to have him.

Clough is still here because he wouldnt get employed anywhere else!

He is just a yes man who has a nice comfortable wage without any coaching qualifications.

We need change, and we need it fast.

My local pub team has more ambition than us.

I dunno, just took it as gospel never thought it orignated from the Mirrror!

I never look in the mirror, what I see is too frightening!

What have Forest ever done for the Cloughs anyway?

If Brian held a grudge against a club for the way they treated him I would have expected it to be the Rams, yet he had a lifelong love affair with us!

([size=2]Just don't mention dirty Leeds!)[/size]

Clough is still here because he wouldnt get employed anywhere else!

He is just a yes man who has a nice comfortable wage without any coaching qualifications.

We need change, and we need it fast.

My local pub team has more ambition than us.

I'd drive Clough to the City Ground myself if they would have him. However, they actually have a board with ambition so I expect their new manager to be one with genuine credentials and ability to manage at this level. As for us, I think we're stuck with Nigel until doomsday.

I'd drive Clough to the City Ground myself if they would have him. However, they actually have a board with ambition so I expect their new manager to be one with genuine credentials and ability to manage at this level. As for us, I think we're stuck with Nigel until doomsday.

Good.

managers who have done well with no budget :

Sean O'driscoll - one promotion with Doncaster then mid-table or lower for years until sacked by Doncaster. Coach at the Florists last season !

Dave Basset - famous for getting 11 'physical' guys to hoof it into the penalty area then fight for it. After doing well with Wimbledon was sacked by Watford, Leicester & the Florists due to bad results.

Still cant see anyone with a better record than Nigel Clough.

managers who have done well with no budget :

Sean O'driscoll - one promotion with Doncaster then mid-table or lower for years until sacked by Doncaster. Coach at the Florists last season !

Dave Basset - famous for getting 11 'physical' guys to hoof it into the penalty area then fight for it. After doing well with Wimbledon was sacked by Watford, Leicester & the Florists due to bad results.

Still cant see anyone with a better record than Nigel Clough.

Malky Makay had to release, loan out and sell the majority of his squad at Watford come the 2010-11 season they had up to 9 academy players in the matchday squad at times because they didn't have enough players.

They also finished above us as well playing ok football given the circumstances.

Nigel Clough has plenty of genuine credentials and is one of few managers to have never failed anywhere yet.

His achievments at Derby and Burton are genuine credentials and for me, they are his coaching badges.

You can't say he's failed here when we've improved year-on-year. He's cut the wage bill by half since he's been here and our points total is something like 25% higher.

How sad it is that our American billionaires have no real money for us.

How sad that our managers acheivements are so slow that he may turn into a fossel before then.

What is real money? How old is our manager?

I don't blindly love the board or anything but if people think our club is some kind of crisis or at the foot of dispair, you need a reality check.

We sell one player and all of a sudden Derby catches the black death. Let's all come ourselves down, eh.

Nothing is sad. It's a little dissapointing, slightly annoying, and it will be very fustrating if we don't spend the money from the Shackell sale.

But it isn't sad. Look outside. The weather's crap. Be sad about that instead.

PS, welcome to the forum!

Don't think Nigel hates forest but he certainly doesn't seem too keen on them when he's being interviewed - he rarely even mentions their name! Just calls them 'them'. He's a Derby supporter from what I gather - I guess lots of players have played for/managed their arch rivals.. There's one such c*nt chap in goal for 'them' at the moment.

With regard to him going to forest, I just can't see it. If you're a wealthy owner, wouldn't you want someone proven at spending money and having success? We've got someone who has had to hack away at a squad and not had much money at all to spend. It'd be purely an emotional hire, and they rarely work.

Don't think Nigel hates forest but he certainly doesn't seem too keen on them when he's being interviewed - he rarely even mentions their name! Just calls them 'them'. He's a Derby supporter from what I gather - I guess lots of players have played for/managed their arch rivals.. There's one such c*nt chap in goal for 'them' at the moment.

With regard to him going to forest, I just can't see it. If you're a wealthy owner, wouldn't you want someone proven at spending money and having success? We've got someone who has had to hack away at a squad and not had much money at all to spend. It'd be purely an emotional hire, and they rarely work.

I'd say NC has had in the region of £5m to spend since he arrived, it's hard to arrive at an exact figure due to undisclosed fee's but £5m wouldn't be far out. And that's not including loan fee's, I was told Bueno's loan cost the club £750,000 (could be wrong but supposedly the Hulse fee pretty much paid for Bueno)

So he could have had a fairly substantial amount we don't really know due to the loans and undisclosed culture we now have. Admittedly wages have become a bigger issue season on season.

Archived