Time to act against GSE is now - Hi-yah!!

B4ev6is

well don't you guys remmber when they said hulse was not for sale and few days later he was gone, and same kris commons and then coming out and saying any sale for these players would be given to nigel to spend, and now jason shackall it looks this time they only because people are saying to take there season tickets back. but even so they said before last season ended if nigal wanted a players that was worth 2 to 3m they would spend it and now there saying we can not afford type shaun barker or shackall type of fee i am telling you guys something is wrong and there upto something and not nesscery good news.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clough said the Keogh was his number one target and Keogh said that Clough has been monitoring for a while. How does that make it a knee jerk reaction to fans backlash?

I cant remember Hulse ever being declared as not for sale - we accepted a bid for him the year before he left

Commons was never declared not for sale - we wanted him to stay, made an offer but he wanted out. Not really the boards fault that

well don't you guys remmber when they said hulse was not for sale and few days later he was gone, and same kris commons and then coming out and saying any sale for these players would be given to nigel to spend, and now jason shackall it looks this time they only because people are saying to take there season tickets back. but even so they said before last season ended if nigal wanted a players that was worth 2 to 3m they would spend it and now there saying we can not afford type shaun barker or shackall type of fee i am telling you guys something is wrong and there upto something and not nesscery good news.

Happens in football at nearly all clubs B4. Nothing new or sinister exclusive to DCFC. Its life mate...things change on a daily basis for whatever reason. Football clubs included.

Let's stop calling them Yanks first.

yes its not 1944 maybe its repressed anger 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

[size=3]The general resentment felt by local men and British servicemen towards all ‘Yanks’ led to the saying, "We don’t like Yanks because they are over sexed, over paid and over here". There was a lot of jealousy and resentment amongst them because they were more confident, had more money and were much smarter. The uniforms they wore were beautiful compared to the rough, drab, ill fitting khaki uniforms of our army. This wasn’t the whole story though because the Americans were well mannered, polite, gregarious and confident, Most of our British counterparts were shy, tongue tied around women, poor, and felt that they compared badly with the Americans, so resented them even more.[/size]

Right then B4 I have no problem with your passion but if you seriously want to convince people to turn on the board or owners (I'm not even sure who you want to turn against) then you need to do some proper research and provide some real facts rather than doing posts like this.

What am I on about? Well here goes:-

1. A bid had already been accepted for Hulse so why would they say he was not for sale?! At the time TG told us it was a footballing

decision made by NC. I have seen no evidence that would make me dispute this.

2. Kris Commons was offered a new contract which he refused to sign. It therefore made sense to sell him in Jaunary for a fee rather

than hold on to him for 4 more months and get nothing.

3. Only 30something took their season tickets back, I believe some of these were due to re-scheduling of fixtures. I think anyone who

took it back on the basis of Shackell being sold look pretty silly right now.

4. When has anyone said we can not make another 'Barker or Shackell type fee signing'? It has been reported that Keogh cost more

than both, this is on top of the Jacobs and Coutts signings.

In summary, you have told us all that 'something is wrong and they're up to something which is necessarily not good news' but you have only provided 4 very weak arguments to back this point up.

I suggest you go back to the drawing board if you think posts like this will get the majority of people on your side in turning against the board.

Just out of interest what action have you taken so far? I assume e-mails to Tom Glick and Andy Appleby were your starting point?

everyone will see in the end that we are being taken for a ride or for a joke, but if i get my way the yanks days are numbered and i think it is time for new ownership.

The company GSE is made up from investors that are Canadian, American, Far East and possibly another 'foriegn' person. Andy Appleby founded the company as a way for the investors to work together, Appleby is a very successful sport business man and I doubt that he would willing harm his reputation by taking Derby County 'for a ride'. He has a checkable work history, anybody running a company in the US have some of the most stringent tax laws that where introduced after Enron (Sarbaine-Oxley Act), so I doubt he is filtering away profits...

http://www.generalsports.com/ nice pictures.

AA Bio:

Andrew D. Appleby, Andy founded General Sports and Entertainment LLC in 1998 and serves as its Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President. Mr. Appleby served as a Senior Vice President of Detroit Pistons and Palace Sports and Entertainment. Over the course of 12 years with Palace Sports and Entertainment, he turned relationship building into an art form. Prior to founding General Sports, Mr. Appleby helped lead the ascent of the Palace Sports and Entertainment organization to the top of the sports and entertainment world. He held a variety of positions with Palace Sports and Entertainment from 1986 to 1998, culminating with Senior Vice President. As Senior Vice President of Palace Sports and Entertainment, he oversaw an executive sales staff responsible for promoting and operating Palace entities, including the Palace of Auburn Hills, Detroit Pistons, Detroit Vipers Hockey Club, Detroit Shock of the WNBA, Pine Knob Music Theatre, and Meadow Brook Music Festival. He was a key player in internal executive decisions regarding capital ventures, and he served as an integral team member in decisions to acquire Palace Sports' venues and teams. He also led the task force that transformed Pine Knob Music Theatre into the nation's top outdoor music theatre. Mr. Appleby serves as Vice Chairman of GeneralSports Venue, LLC. He serves on the Board of Directors of CATCH (Sparky Anderson's Children's Charity), Henry Ford Heart and Vascular Institute, Michigan Sports Hall of Fame, Digital Detroit, the University Cancer Foundation, Detroit Sports Commission, the Boy Scouts for Southeastern Michigan, and the Rochester Schools Foundation. Mr. Appleby was an All American high school wrestler, and he won three State Wrestling Championships. He went on to become the New England Wrestling Champion in 1981. He also was an All-State Cross Country Runner, and home course record holder. He was selected as 2002 Emerging Entrepreneur of the Year for Eastern Michigan. Mr. Appleby has a Masters Degree in Sports Management and a Bachelor of Science in English and Health Fitness from Springfield College in Springfield, Massachusetts.

Wresling champion!!! Wow... there you go B4. Challenge him to a wrestling match as part of pre match entertainment ( even better for the Florist game live on TV) and if you win then Mr Appleby and his crew have to up sticks and clear out. Sound fair? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Just hope people have not taken the weekend off for this protest.

Just a few more questions which need answering B4:-

1. What is the objective of this offensive? Is it 'yanks' out at all costs or can they stay if they unlease the £50millio war chest?

2. Who have you got lined up to replace the 'yanks' once we have overthrown them?

McRamFan thank you for putting up Mr Applebys CV.There are a couple of omissions,sadly.Firstly what

was his wresling nickname?they all have nicknames don't they.Mad Andy or the strangler maybe.Secondly

you missed out all the stuff concerning his extensive football experiance from his playing days to his successful

coaching experiance

McRamFan thank you for putting up Mr Applebys CV.There are a couple of omissions,sadly.Firstly what

was his wresling nickname?they all have nicknames don't they.Mad Andy or the strangler maybe.Secondly

you missed out all the stuff concerning his extensive football experiance from his playing days to his successful

coaching experiance

Thankfully he's neither a player or a coach.

Archived