2012/2013 Fixtures

-JW-

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going to be a difficult season for everyone. When you see the fixtures and note all the teams in our division think it is difficult to say who will get promoted or relegated.

Derby 10th and above would be happy at this stage with lack of ambition by the board (again)

You've never brought a following like that before, nor would you this time.

We took 7000 to Barnsley in our promotion season, and we've taken the same to Hillsborough before for FA Cup ties, if we had the Leppings Lane lower we could have filled it all for the first game of the season, without a doubt, help you fill your ground for you ;-p

Last year, I created a Google calendar which contained all of the fixtures. I offered it to people to subscribe to, but the only response I got was from someone warning people that it might be a virus, and to beware. I suppose it was a reasonable point, but I'll make the same offer this year anyway, and anyone who wants to take advantage of it can do so.

As far as copyright is concerned, this will be for a restricted group of people, not making any commercial gain, and not offered as inducement to take up any service. I can't see any copyright challenge, but if one comes, I'll just disable the calendar.

Here's how it works:

• A Google appengine service monitors a site containing the fixture list. Every 15 minutes the site is queried and a list of the fixtures is generated by parsing the html.
  • The same Google appengine service also queries a Google calendar created by me, containing the fixtures.Any fixture that differs is updated and written back to the calendar. The change can be anything from the score being updated to a new date and time for a rearranged fixture.
  • Only changed matches are writtten back to the calendar to minimise the amount of calendar synchronisation that happens, particularly useful for when accessing using a mobile device.
  • It is also an option to email changes to a future fixture out to users. To limit the email volume, I don't email out changes in the past, such as inserting the score. Also, I have limited appengine capacity - it's a free account - so may not be able to email everyone if lots of people ask. Mind you, based on last year's demand, it shouldn't be a problem 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Because I am reliant on an external site out of my control, I can't offer any guarantees - every now and then the formatting of the HTML changes for example, so I have to rewrite the parser. It's usually not difficult, but I don't always notice that it isn't updating.

If anyone is interested, PM me. I'd be more than happy to give further info about how it works, to allay the virus fears. I don't get anything out of this, except a quiet sense of satisfaction.

Apologies for the long post.

Last year, I created a Google calendar which contained all of the fixtures. I offered it to people to subscribe to, but the only response I got was from someone warning people that it might be a virus, and to beware. I suppose it was a reasonable point, but I'll make the same offer this year anyway, and anyone who wants to take advantage of it can do so.

As far as copyright is concerned, this will be for a restricted group of people, not making any commercial gain, and not offered as inducement to take up any service. I can't see any copyright challenge, but if one comes, I'll just disable the calendar.

Here's how it works:

• A Google appengine service monitors a site containing the fixture list. Every 15 minutes the site is queried and a list of the fixtures is generated by parsing the html.
  • The same Google appengine service also queries a Google calendar created by me, containing the fixtures.Any fixture that differs is updated and written back to the calendar. The change can be anything from the score being updated to a new date and time for a rearranged fixture.
  • Only changed matches are writtten back to the calendar to minimise the amount of calendar synchronisation that happens, particularly useful for when accessing using a mobile device.
  • It is also an option to email changes to a future fixture out to users. To limit the email volume, I don't email out changes in the past, such as inserting the score. Also, I have limited appengine capacity - it's a free account - so may not be able to email everyone if lots of people ask. Mind you, based on last year's demand, it shouldn't be a problem 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Because I am reliant on an external site out of my control, I can't offer any guarantees - every now and then the formatting of the HTML changes for example, so I have to rewrite the parser. It's usually not difficult, but I don't always notice that it isn't updating.

If anyone is interested, PM me. I'd be more than happy to give further info about how it works, to allay the virus fears. I don't get anything out of this, except a quiet sense of satisfaction.

Apologies for the long post.

I just cut mine out of the paper and stick it on the notice board

Love that Wednesday are back in our division.

They're much more fun than Leicester and you don't get all the scarf waving, drum banging, topless dancing, moob flashing bravado that can only come from a dump of a city that clings on to a one sided rivalry.

Wednesday is always a game I look for. But that draw 0-0 at Hillsborough last time was dreadful

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/PA-9975934

Sexy fooker.... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':o' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />

[size=1]according to his mum 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' /> [/size]

We took 7000 to Barnsley in our promotion season, and we've taken the same to Hillsborough before for FA Cup ties, if we had the Leppings Lane lower we could have filled it all for the first game of the season, without a doubt, help you fill your ground for you ;-p

When? In 1993 you had none on the lower in 2008 you had a few on there, the combined area capacity is around 6k without the corner so would you sell it? I think not.

Already planning the annual FC Muespach trip over to the "abandoned for no reason Forest game"...!

So far I have 7 paid up ready to come, hoping to break the record of 32 we brought last year, lets just hope that the snow stays away!

Blackpool on a Saturday....whatever next!!! brilliant.

Archived