2012/2013 Fixtures

-JW-

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[url=http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10270~2472470,00.html]http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10270~2472470,00.html - Derby County's home fixture with Birmingham City at Pride Park Stadium in November will be shown live on Sky Sports.

[size=3]

The Saturday 24th November 2012 fixture against Lee Clarke's side will now kick off at 5:20pm rather than the original time of 3pm.

[/size]

[size=3]

The Rams received confirmation of the news from the Football League's competitions department on Tuesday afternoon.

[/size]

All this chopping and changing of dates is no good to people like me.

Pride Park is nearly a 400 mile round trip, so i usually stay up overnight, but i cant book a hotel room too early, because if they change the date it means me trying to book a extra night in the hotel, which then makes it a expensive weekend.

so the police wanted the Birmingham game to kick off early at 1 oclock to stop fans drinking before the game. Now sky have moved it to a 5.20 kick off. Just shows how much influence sky have over the police

It's ridiculous, although with the amount of money they pump into the game theres not really anyone point in clubs arguing.

It's ridiculous, although with the amount of money they pump into the game theres not really anyone point in clubs arguing.

But there's clearly scope for arguing with the Police - their demands are clearly not binding are they?

In fact this pretty much exposes them as worthless and unnecessary in the first place.

with apologies to Don McLean and his great song..........

For twenty years we’ve been run by SKY

Slowly watching football die

But that’s not how it used to be..

The FA sold out to the Premier League

And the romance died, replaced by greed

Hardly a voice came from you or me..

Once we used to dream and wish

Then we sold our soul for Murdoch’s dish

The day, the football died….

Singin…bye, bye, the Americans, bye

Paid my levy to the telly but the telly was sky

Them good ole boys are milking football dry