2012/2013 Fixtures

-JW-

Very tough first three with Sheff Wed just coming up and two from the Prem, but after that I think we will be up to speed in terms of how to compete this season and I think, we will be play-offs come November time (with investment in the team). Mid table come May.

Looking forward to Sat 29th September - Forest away, easy 3 points

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see it now...

RAMS OPENING DAY SPOPILT BY FORMER PLAYER

Derby's opening day in the sun turned very gloomy indeed thanks to a player deemed surplus to requirements by manager Nigel Clough. Chris McGuire brought in by the Rams boss at the start of last season only started three games all of last term but he showed his old club what they'll be missing with a stunning winner on the hour mark. Collecting the ball just in side the home side's half he turned Irish U21 starlet Jeff Hendrick before nutmegging emergancy centre half Andy Todd - signed the day before the game after Jason Shackell's £2m departure to Leicester and Clough being priced out of his preferred replacements - and thumping ball into the top corner from 30 yards.

Not forgetting the alternative

The winning goal came from Stephen Bywater, who smashed in a header from a corner with 2 seconds left, giving goalkeeper Lewis Price no chance.

Well, they are pretty pump for me this year. All my local away games (specifically Peterborough & Ipswich are in the first 4 months, whilst I am far, far away. Even some of the London games are pretty early.

I have my eye on the Bristol City away (Sat 15th Dec), treat the Wife to a relaxing hotel in either Bath or Bristol, and a bit of football.

Well, that Blackpool Premier Inn booked for us - for next April. No cancellation fee. £59 for a family room. SORTED.

Bugger! Wanted them away first match instead of home, we'd have taken 8000 to 10000 to Hillsborough, now we'll have to put up with Tango and his cronies out singing us from the noisy end, grrrr

You've never brought a following like that before, nor would you this time.

Archived