Season Tickets Sold?

ChorleyRam

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we'll be down about 3,000 from last season and if it doesn't improve next season then I do fear the 2013/2014 season could see a big drop in attendances to around 18,000... I really hope not, but how long will people stick around watching a side going nowhere.

Exactly, ive been told about this person and that person not renewing.

But the overall numbers will see a slight fall, and thats it.

I expect us to perhaps see those common 24k crowds drop to 22k.

But lets face it, on a match by match basis, its the away following which decides if its a good gate, or a poor one.

Exactly, ive been told about this person and that person not renewing.

But the overall numbers will see a slight fall, and thats it.

I expect us to perhaps see those common 24k crowds drop to 22k.

But lets face it, on a match by match basis, its the away following which decides if its a good gate, or a poor one.

And the performances / league position of course!!

And then they will announce a crowd of 26,000 when its obvious there is only 23,000 in the stadium!

No they won't, because that is wrong, I used to think the opposite at the BBG, crammed in, and only 16000 or so.

I think we'll be down about 3,000 from last season and if it doesn't improve next season then I do fear the 2013/2014 season could see a big drop in attendances to around 18,000... I really hope not, but how long will people stick around watching a side going nowhere.

Not sure, but it dunna look good if you take forest as an example... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Side going nowhere? That's a bit harsh we gone from relegation battlers in the past two seasons to midtable mediocracy in a year clough hasn't bought bad players although maguire hasn't worked the majority have we're a young side developing so if he adds 2-3 more I believe well do well again next season. He gradually learnt his trade with burton and got them promoted so let's not forget its clough first years as a championship manager his squad is slowly looking capable with a few more additions well be there!

Side going nowhere? That's a bit harsh we gone from relegation battlers in the past two seasons to midtable mediocracy in a year clough hasn't bought bad players although maguire hasn't worked the majority have we're a young side developing so if he adds 2-3 more I believe well do well again next season. He gradually learnt his trade with burton and got them promoted so let's not forget its clough first years as a championship manager his squad is slowly looking capable with a few more additions well be there!

My point is, divisionally going no-where the crowds have been slowly declining and without the incentives put together by Glick, then we'd already be below 20k a game. It's easy to get people excited when the talk of money being spent, and talk of evasive and direct action being made to get us into the top division and then push on, at the minute even I feel we're just treading water and really inverse to making any sort of gamble, s'all well and good but we have a lot of players, I should imagine that see's their future being beyond where they are at the minute, and now we apparently can't have 3 centre midfielders in the squad which is incredibly painful to hear with regards to Bailey leaving, just because we simply cannot afford it!

Supporting a football team that makes more noise about finances than it does about on the pitch, is quite frankly difficult to stomach at times. I know it has to be done, and i'm not saying otherwise but its certainly lacking any type of excitement and has been for several years.

It is up to the individual whether or not they buy a season ticket. My own view is that Derby are one of the most entertaining teams in the league. I also think the "Championship" (otherwise known as the second division in real money) is the most entertaining division as there is not the fear of finishing below 17th and losing confetti millions in monopoly money.

No one is forced to support Derby County or any other team for that matter but I am proud to have been a Rams supporter for as long as I have had the slightest interest in football.

I am proud of our supporters who will turn up in droves for even the most mediocre looking matches. Averaging well over 20,000 at home and often taking 2-3000 to away matches in the third division is impressive in anyone's book.

Derby are nowt if not unpredictable and long may they reign as such 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wub:' />

It is up to the individual whether or not they buy a season ticket. My own view is that Derby are one of the most entertaining teams in the league. I also think the "Championship" (otherwise known as the second division in real money) is the most entertaining division as there is not the fear of finishing below 17th and losing confetti millions in monopoly money.

No one is forced to support Derby County or any other team for that matter but I am proud to have been a Rams supporter for as long as I have had the slightest interest in football.

I am proud of our supporters who will turn up in droves for even the most mediocre looking matches. Averaging well over 20,000 at home and often taking 2-3000 to away matches in the third division is impressive in anyone's book.

Derby are nowt if not unpredictable and long may they reign as such 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wub:' />

Our away support, in fairness is nothing short of woeful... a club of our size should be averaging well over what we do, our home support has been in the top 3 for the past several seasons, our away support is pretty poor, according to the stato we average 1,290 away from home putting us behind... birmingham, brighton, palace, hull, ipswich, leeds, leicester, middlesborough, forest, portsmouth, southampton and west ham. and in fairness only JUST manage to beat peterborough as they average 1,203.

I cant say much as I rarely go away, think i've been 4 times this season 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

My point is, divisionally going no-where the crowds have been slowly declining and without the incentives put together by Glick, then we'd already be below 20k a game. It's easy to get people excited when the talk of money being spent, and talk of evasive and direct action being made to get us into the top division and then push on, at the minute even I feel we're just treading water and really inverse to making any sort of gamble, s'all well and good but we have a lot of players, I should imagine that see's their future being beyond where they are at the minute, and now we apparently can't have 3 centre midfielders in the squad which is incredibly painful to hear with regards to Bailey leaving, just because we simply cannot afford it!

Supporting a football team that makes more noise about finances than it does about on the pitch, is quite frankly difficult to stomach at times. I know it has to be done, and i'm not saying otherwise but its certainly lacking any type of excitement and has been for several years.

That simply isn't true.

Archived