Jason Shackell

BorneoRam

I'm mentally preparing to start the season without Shack - listening to the tone of NC"s remarks I don't think the first bid will be the only one we'll get.

There's a big brute of a centre half at Colchester who is highly thought of - I saw it mentioned on another forum that we are looking at a couple of the Colchester boys. I'm only picking up on little cryptic clues but I think we might be looking for a replacement now knowing that we will get that 1.5 to 2m bid that is too good to refuse.

I like Shack a lot - but if you can sign a player, get a year out of him then double your money I'm ok with that.. I think you can get away with losing a key player or two as long as the cash is right..in fact if more Derby managers had focussed on buying players with sell on value we'd be a lot further forward than we are now.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm mentally preparing to start the season without Shack - listening to the tone of NC"s remarks I don't think the first bid will be the only one we'll get.

There's a big brute of a centre half at Colchester who is highly thought of - I saw it mentioned on another forum that we are looking at a couple of the Colchester boys. I'm only picking up on little cryptic clues but I think we might be looking for a replacement now knowing that we will get that 1.5 to 2m bid that is too good to refuse.

I like Shack a lot - but if you can sign a player, get a year out of him then double your money I'm ok with that.. I think you can get away with losing a key player or two as long as the cash is right..in fact if more Derby managers had focussed on buying players with sell on value we'd be a lot further forward than we are now.

Agreed, I'm not sure who the Colchester player is you are on about, but i've had a look through their players on the clubs website, and they are all 6 foot 3, 6 foot 4 guys. If NC thinks that one of these can replace shack and we end up selling him for £1.5 -£2 million and buy one of these for £500,000 and make a £1 million in the process, I'm more than happy, at least the money can be put towards a new centre forward.

Please be serious, he's good, but nothing more, his poor distribution stops him from becoming a great player. But to say you couldn't find a replacement for less than £3 million is ridiculous! Michael Morrison from Charlton or Harry Maguire from Sheffield United would both be younger and better replacements.

Not for me

A player 'snubbing' a move to Derby County? Not in my lifetime!

Although Clough is a big fan of Paterson, not really the goalscorer though, more for backup/second striker, goal record of 1 in 4 ish, and quite injury prone (Q the jokes about him fitting in well here...)

Paterson doesn't want to come here, Burnleys back up striker doesn't want to come here.... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mellow' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':mellow:' /> how the mighty have fallen indeed. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

Its in the Daily Star.......

The mirror today

"Burnley boss Eddie Howe may be forced to up a £800000 bid for Derby Skipper Jason Shackell.

Howe will have cash from the upcoming sale of striker Jay Rodriguez, but the rams are looking at £1.6 million for Shackell

One Solution is a swap involving Clarets Striker Martin Patersob"

The mirror today

"Burnley boss Eddie Howe may be forced to up a £800000 bid for Derby Skipper Jason Shackell.

Howe will have cash from the upcoming sale of striker Jay Rodriguez, but the rams are looking at £1.6 million for Shackell

One Solution is a swap involving Clarets Striker Martin Patersob"

Link?

Archived