Jason Shackell

BorneoRam

Why? If the money we get is enough for Clough to replace him with 2 players equally as good we will have taken another step forward. What's wrong with that?

The probem is finding relatively cheap good players isn't easy, clough has signed as many failures on the cheap as successes. We have to replace steve davies, barker as he is out for most of the season, find a back up for roberts, a replacement for bailey as we need cover in midfield. A right back to cover for brayford as green is going and even a winger or two just in case. All of a sudden selling shackell you add another player to the pile and problems start to mount and the squad looks a bit short as it is.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I think whatever the bid was sounds closer to the price we have out on him. It worries me they arent saying he isn't for sale unless it's silly money. We all know it's just all a game. The statement put out seems to say raise the bid and he is yours

The words "no where near our valuation" indicate more than raise it a little bit

The bit about only selling if we have a replacement line up also indicate that we have no desperate need to sell.

If Shacks goes we have the following at our disposal:

2. Brayford

3. Roberts

17. Buxton

24. O’Brien

30. Lelan

31. Naylor

If we could find a replacement for Shackell I'm more than happy with Buxton/ O'Brien/ Naylor competing for the RCB slot. Problem is we need someone a left sided, exerienced, 'cultured' CB in order to make the defence work. Thats a lot to ask imo.

Archived