Jason Shackell

BorneoRam

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't Clough say Shackell will be captain next season and the centre halves for next season will be him OB, Buxton and Naylor.

Clough said when Barker was injured a replacement would be looked for. Does this mean we would have to find two if Shackell went. The money not there for one never mind two. If Shackell was sold we would need a Hulse fee to get the CB that we would need.

Not going to happen in my view

Clough said he wouldn't be replacing Barker with another signing, as he felt he had adequate cover with Shackell and Buxton doing a good job and with O'Brien and Naylor as cover

Clough said he wouldn't be replacing Barker with another signing, as he felt he had adequate cover with Shackell and Buxton doing a good job and with O'Brien and Naylor as cover

Meh... I think its probably right, OB did a fantastic job when he was in the side, as did Jake Buxton, so i haven't got a problem with that. Its that Jacobs and a new striker i want.

Mills is so much better than Shackell that he can't get in a team that barely finished above us in the league. People like Scott Dann, Roger Johnson etc have moved to the prem for silly money £4m+, and there's no reason why we shouldn't be holding out for at least £2m, preferrably more like £3m.

Mills is so much better than Shackell that he can't get in a team that barely finished above us in the league. People like Scott Dann, Roger Johnson etc have moved to the prem for silly money £4m+, and there's no reason why we shouldn't be holding out for at least £2m, preferrably more like £3m.

You are seriously deluded if you think that there is that much money around in the Champ, especially for a CB. It is obvious that some players are going to move for big money to the Prem but not within the Champ. Are you saying that Festers poor season is down to Mills? It is ridiculous to judge a players ability on where the club finish in the league.

Shackell is one of the better CBs in the division and hence may be worth up to 1.5 million, 2 million is silly- 3 million is laughable

Agree with Duncan, theres not many good left footed CB about, Matt Mills had a great season at Reading and left for a rumoured £5million. Wes Morgan went from Forest to Leicester with 6 months left on his contract for £1 million, and shackell's got 2 years left on his.

Agree with Duncan, theres not many good left footed CB about, Matt Mills had a great season at Reading and left for a rumoured £5million. Wes Morgan went from Forest to Leicester with 6 months left on his contract for £1 million, and shackell's got 2 years left on his.

So he must be worth at least 3? How come we picked him up for less than a mil then? Also, he is now older and there is even less money about.

Which foot he uses is irrelevant as his distribution is appalling whichever he uses.

You are seriously deluded if you think that there is that much money around in the Champ, especially for a CB. It is obvious that some players are going to move for big money to the Prem but not within the Champ. Are you saying that Festers poor season is down to Mills? It is ridiculous to judge a players ability on where the club finish in the league.

Shackell is one of the better CBs in the division and hence may be worth up to 1.5 million, 2 million is silly- 3 million is laughable

That's pretty much the point - if there isn't the money, then don't sell him. If we sell Shackell for barely more than a million, short of getting a decent free-transfer, we're going to blow most of the money on replacing Shackell, so we've gone nowhere. The only reason to sell Shackell would be if we got enough for a replacement CB and a decent amount to strengthen elsewhere as well. That means £2m+ to me or we don't sell.

And regarding Mills, I'm not saying he was personally at fault for where leicester finished. But they barely finished above us, and he was very very poor for them and by the end of the season was not getting selected at all. If he was that great a player, he would be getting games for them.

Archived