Well Done Nigel And The Team!

AndyB

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we finish within 5 points of the play offs, then we have 'pushed' for the play offs IMO... regardless of how the seasons panned out!

I expect teams who people have thought of to be pushing for the play offs to finish below us (i.e leeds) and at the end of the season, if we are in or around the top 6 (again 5 points from the top 6) then we have done just that....

if we had rightfully picked up a win against Barnsley when we hammered 'em at pride park and Watford t'other week... we would of infact been IN the top 6, that's football for you!

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

Thats the thing that is both great but horrible about this league. A run of 4 wins could see you in or around the top 6 a run of similar defeats see you plummet like a stone. Normally a team has pretty much guaranteed promotion by now like QPR last season but this year is still not the case.

Now Brighton went through a horrendous run and ended up struggling at one point, they are now winning again and are in play offs but got hammered the other week with two players being sent off. If you lose in this league you hope everyone around you loses if not it is not just a case of 3pts lost but could be a few places lost as well.

I'm not sure to be honest, it all looks like a pretty normal comment thread at the bottom, they are often hidden until you click a button, it may be automatically done by the blogging system when the articles get so old. I really doubt swissrambler did anything to alter how they're viewed.

I hate those captcha tests too, I'm of sound mind and body and still can't get them all right!

Regarding your comment, although he may have authorised it to appear, the positioning would be based on which comment you clicked "reply" on.

Blog comments aren't really like a forum and I wouldn't particularly expect a reply on them.

Can't really see what the age of a comment would have to do with it,they're still valid and useful.In any event the comments were ageing even as my comment spent its long period in quarantine (and whilst they were displayed at the foot of the blog,as before.It was only when my comment was admitted that it appeared to change (I checked on a regular basis).

I didn't reply to anything,it was a straightforward comment left.In fact (purely from memory) SR was the only one to reply to a comment.

Anyway,he's obviously seen my comment and not seen fit to challenge any of it......and if he does I'll have my team of captcha experts ready.

I fully realise it's not like a forum,but given the nature of my comment I'm surprised he didn't reply.

Interesting that the recent turnaround in fortunes has coincided with Carroll and Ward not being in the midfield. Green & Bavies the main difference in the upsurge? I'd definitely start Ward on the bench once he's back to fitness until showing his early season form.

Interesting that the recent turnaround in fortunes has coincided with Carroll and Ward not being in the midfield. Green & Bavies the main difference in the upsurge? I'd definitely start Ward on the bench once he's back to fitness until showing his early season form.

No harm in sending out a reminder that a place isn't guaranteed.Or that good performances bring a reward.

to quote rizzle kicks

"na nananana never gonna happen"

It will. You don't need to worry anyway because all that money you've spent automatic is nailed on this season oh wait sorry all it did was distrupt things never mind but you're rivals look doomed mate don't know how you will cope without Coventry next season. Coyr

to quote rizzle kicks

"na nananana never gonna happen"

It will. You don't need to worry anyway because all that money you've spent automatic is nailed on this season oh wait sorry all it did was distrupt things never mind but you're rivals look doomed mate don't know how you will cope without Coventry next season. Coyr

errr....his user name is Leicester Ram.......as in, a Rams fan from Leicester..............!!

I think credit should be given to Nigel, his backroom team and the players. They have delivered a decent points total with an ever shrinking budget to work with. If the owners don't want progress from this point with reasonable funding then get out now and let Gadsby back in to fund the next level from our current solid base.

Agree with much of this,Andy,but the problem is that I can't convince myself that Gadsby would retain Nigel as manager.I know he gave the impression when he made the bid,but a lot of water has passed under the bridge since.

Anyway,this summer may turn out to be final crunch time-if there's mediocre investment,followed by an average season,then I think the vicious circle would have a vice like grip, as I don't think it's possible to slash the players' wage bill much further and retain our status.

if we had rightfully picked up a win against Barnsley when we hammered 'em at pride park and Watford t'other week... we would of infact been IN the top 6, that's football for you!

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

If we had rightfully lost/drawn against Southampton, Hull, Watford (A) Reading and Coventry (H) when we were on the back foot for the majority of the game or hammered (against Watford certainly) then we wouldn't have had as many points..

You can't nit pick games Ambitious to say we were 'unlucky' in a couple, we god damn right got lucky in a few aswell.. How we picked up 3 points at Watford I'll never know, that's our worst performance of the season so far.. We played better when we lost 4-0 at Leicester.

I stil don't understand how you can say we've been pushing the playoffs? We've been midtable for 4 months now and after another good run we're still 5 points away (it could be 8 tonight).. If we close the gap to about 2-3 points and have a realistic chance of getting there you'd have a case.. But we haven't had a realistic chance of being there for 4 months now.. I still find our chances now highly unrealistic and the odds of 40/1 for us to finish there reflect that

Would you say Watford, Ipswich and Palace have been pushing the top 6? Because they're right in there with us...

That wasn't even the quote he made, he said competing IN the top 6;

"We expect to put a side together that is capable of competing in the top six and we hope that will be self-evident with the moves that we make."

and so there's no ambiguity he even says the same thing twice.

[url=http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Cashback-offer-table-Rams-fans/story-11564984-detail/story.html]http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Cashback-offer-table-Rams-fans/story-11564984-detail/story.html

The key word there is EXPECT, and to be fair we aren't a million miles away.

If we had rightfully lost/drawn against Southampton, Hull, Watford (A) Reading and Coventry (H) when we were on the back foot for the majority of the game or hammered (against Watford certainly) then we wouldn't have had as many points..

You can't nit pick games Ambitious to say we were 'unlucky' in a couple, we god damn right got lucky in a few aswell.. How we picked up 3 points at Watford I'll never know, that's our worst performance of the season so far.. We played better when we lost 4-0 at Leicester.

I stil don't understand how you can say we've been pushing the playoffs? We've been midtable for 4 months now and after another good run we're still 5 points away (it could be 8 tonight).. If we close the gap to about 2-3 points and have a realistic chance of getting there you'd have a case.. But we haven't had a realistic chance of being there for 4 months now.. I still find our chances now highly unrealistic and the odds of 40/1 for us to finish there reflect that

Would you say Watford, Ipswich and Palace have been pushing the top 6? Because they're right in there with us...

Wow. I agree with quite a bit of this.

Apart from we were much, much worse against Leicester in my opinion, and infact we were worse still away at Coventry. And I wouldn't say Watford, Ipswich or Palace have been pushing top six, but then again, they've barely spent any time there, have they? That's the difference - we have been in the top six, and we have looked like it in patches.

Cue stat showing that one of those three were in the top six at some point this season...

Wow. I agree with quite a bit of this.

Apart from we were much, much worse against Leicester in my opinion, and infact we were worse still away at Coventry. And I wouldn't say Watford, Ipswich or Palace have been pushing top six, but then again, they've barely spent any time there, have they? That's the difference - we have been in the top six, and we have looked like it in patches.

Cue stat showing that one of those three were in the top six at some point this season...

Palace were in the top 6 at some point.. Ipswich I think were very close (in 8th I think)..

Whilst we have spent a good time in the top 6, that's because of our incredible start.. Amazing to think we picked up 1/3 of our overall points total (so far) in the first 8 games..

For the next 31 games we've picked up only 37 points, that to me doesn't look like a side pushing the playoffs.. If anything that is a lowermidtable record.. Did you know we've picked up as many points as Forest in 2012?

Would it help if we agreed that we looked a side pushing the top 6 for 8 games but then the remainder of the season we looked like a midtable side?

Only if addition isn't your strong point.

(21 vs 18)

I read that we had the same record of W 5 D 3 L 6? Perhaps before the Palace game? But then I just read that Forest have a record of W 5 D 3 L 6 and Derby have W 6 D 3 L 6.. I guess if Forest win tonight we'll have the same record, though I doubt it.

Archived