Well Done Nigel And The Team!

AndyB

I think credit should be given to Nigel, his backroom team and the players. They have delivered a decent points total with an ever shrinking budget to work with. If the owners don't want progress from this point with reasonable funding then get out now and let Gadsby back in to fund the next level from our current solid base.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like the way that NC is praised when things are going well but then the it is the boards fault when things are going bad. At the end of the day NC has built his own team now and he should be entirely responsible for his own team. That being said our league position shows that he is improving us.

Yes there is a big difference, you have to build a team within the budget given to you. If you are not happy with the budget you kick up a fuss or walk out the door. After yesterdays results I would say the two examples you have just given go against the point you are trying to make. Is Mancini not now showing that trying to buy a team to win the league may not always work? And didn't Martinez's Wigan just beat Liverpools £120 million + team

Sorry I wasn't trying to show that those two had done well or badly. I was just making the point that the budget you have makes all the difference to the squad you can get together.

But do you not think that whatever your budget is, the manager should be responsible for performances?

I think credit should be given to Nigel, his backroom team and the players. They have delivered a decent points total with an ever shrinking budget to work with. If the owners don't want progress from this point with reasonable funding then get out now and let Gadsby back in to fund the next level from our current solid base.

Er, well done Clough, you've got a decent points total - but it's the owner's fault that we haven't got reasonable funding?

Surely the fact that he's doing reasonably means he's got a reasonable budget?

I'm really bored with this "if we spend more money than everyone else we'll do better". Is the league table about football or about shopping?

Teams that flash money here, there and everywhere, rapidly changing the squad don't tend to prosper.

I don't think anyone wants that approach at Derby, just the funds to buy cover when we have injuries and the 2-3 quality players that will improve the team. Evolution not revolution but not stagnation either.

Absolutely and I'm happy with the job Clough is doing given the playing budget. My point of this thread is promotion is extremely unlikely with this budget so the owners need to fund or get out.

Whatever playing budget you are given it should not stop you from getting 11 professional footballers to play decent football, Swansea being a cracking example of this.

Archived