Derby County v Nottingham Forest

CumbrianRam

Dont forget the Watney cup!

(and I was there for that one)

So was I and so was Mo55y.

Despite being diehard Popsiders we went in the Osamaston end and stood in the right hand corner. Having trounced the Red Devils 4-1 (I think) and been presented with the cup, I was amazed to see dear Bobby Charlton in floods of tears. What dedication that man had to the game of football; how we need players like him today. He was watching the Bilbao match last week, wonder if he wept again.

BTW COYR, don't make us cry tonight.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If a football club is measured in success on the pitch (as it should be IMO), then Forest are the greater club. Surely few of us Rams fans can argue with that.

Compare our European honours. We were runners up in the Anglo Italian Cup. Forest won the European cup on two occasions, the UEFA Super Cup on one occasion and finished runners up once and were runners up in the InterContinental cup on one occasion.

Compare our domestic honours. We have won the top league title on two occasions. They only have the one time. We have won the FA Cup once, they have won it twice. They have won the League Cup four times. We have never even reached a final.

I get to see English football from afar living in Japan and having lived outside of the country for more than 10 years, I can confidently say that Forest have a higher profile than DCFC. Everyone has heard of Forest. Few have heard of DCFC.

Does it pain me to say this? No, not really. I couldn't really give a damn. Facts are facts though and what does pain me is when I read delusioned Rams fans trying to argue that we a bigger club than Forest. We aren't.

obviously a red dog has hacked into poor old sages account.

We'll look into it .

Stop abusing your authority 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

What? I'm looking after you! Like a posting wingman. I saw you'd been hacked into and smoothed over the vile content posted in your name.

Them red dogs are cunning devils!

If a football club is measured in success on the pitch (as it should be IMO), then Forest are the greater club. Surely few of us Rams fans can argue with that.

Compare our European honours. We were runners up in the Anglo Italian Cup. Forest won the European cup on two occasions, the UEFA Super Cup on one occasion and finished runners up once and were runners up in the InterContinental cup on one occasion.

Compare our domestic honours. We have won the top league title on two occasions. They only have the one time. We have won the FA Cup once, they have won it twice. They have won the League Cup four times. We have never even reached a final.

I get to see English football from afar living in Japan and having lived outside of the country for more than 10 years, I can confidently say that Forest have a higher profile than DCFC. Everyone has heard of Forest. Few have heard of DCFC.

Does it pain me to say this? No, not really. I couldn't really give a damn. Facts are facts though and what does pain me is when I read delusioned Rams fans trying to argue that we a bigger club than Forest. We aren't.

Join date 2010 and hundreds of posts.

I'd give my left testicle to beat forest tonight! I don't have a stronger hate for anything else in the world then that tin pot club living off there history 40 years ago, that now don't have a pot to urinate 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' /> in (i thought i'd be polite)

33,153 attendance

Fielding, Green, Barker, Shackell, Roberts, Bryson, Hendrick, Carroll ( 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angry' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':angry:' /> I'd put Bailey in but Clough has his favourites), B.Davies, S.Davies and Theoooo

Theo -- Davies

Tyson -- Bryson -- Green -- Davies

Roberts (fit?) -- Shackell -- Barker -- Naylor

Fielding

Move Green into midfield alongside Bryson for the experience in the centre of the pitch, he's crap at RB where Naylor should be given a shot, big game I know but he can't do no worse than Green. Tyson on the left to cause Spotty Munter problems, Davies on the right, could be the night for a set piece master class. Theo and Davies up top for obvious reasons.

Legs eleven, Addison, Bailey, Cywka, Maguire warming the bench.

Join date 2010 and hundreds of posts.

Doesn't matter how many hundreds of posts I have. Fact is you cannot argue with facts. You have a prouder history than us.

Doesn't mean I like you. To be honest I cannot stand you or any other forest fan. You can go and jump off the nearest cliff for all I care.

Wow that's big you can keep that, keeps your Texaco Trophy company was that 1972 ?

Let's face it even if you do win which you might then we still have overall supremacy sweetheart. chow I'm off now

Overall supremacy? If we win we have done the double over you this season. We have also been in Premiership in recent memory (bad ones I'll grant you) and you are below us in the league, you don't own your stadium and your most successful manager of all time openly admitted that he had wished he had never left Derby- how are you supreme? Oh, and it's it's "Ciao" you thick, uncultured, inbred scumbag. Have a nice day petal

Forest had their golden era from 1977 - 1980. Won the league, 2 euros and 2 league cups. You can't take away from them, it was a phenomenal achievement for Brian and Peter, one which will never be repeated unless they get a Man City type owner.

Obviously winning those trophies gave them publicity round the footballing world at that time but the reasons that they are better known round the world nowadays is the fact that Nottingham is famous for the Robin Hood/Sheriff of Nottingham tales and films.

They will also have more expats due to the far larger urban population of Nottingham.

I would say that, overall, Forest have more followers than us. To Derby's credit, a greater proportion of our followers seem to actually attend games regularly compared to theirs.

But yes, world wide, they are probably better known - here, in the East Midlands though, there's only one winner!

when you're feeling tired and weary, your hearts will skip a beat............................. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

whay is there a stream for foxes v brum and not this? very poor indeed!

prediction is forest win. there goes my breakfast. because clough will be stubborn and not give naylor a shot at right back, play green out of position, persist with carroll and our midfield will be weak and littered with holes.

Sometimes it seems clough knows what he is up to and others it seems trial and error. Like when we are short of strikers he plays a youth striker but wont do the same at right or left back.

it'll be close but i think we will go 2 down in the first half and claw a goal back and dominate second half because he has switched tactics to a more solid formation. story of our season since january.

I was in Japan last year - saw a J-League 'top 20 goals of the year' compilation. One of them was a penalty...nuff said!

Archived