Derby County v Nottingham Forest

CumbrianRam

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this was against a Japanese team- does that count? apologies for the terrible hosts

That's pretty good! Didn't see anything like that on this aforementioned top 20 from recollection.

I'd like to see a team in white do a similar thing against another team in red later on today!

That's pretty good! Didn't see anything like that on this aforementioned top 20 from recollection.

I'd like to see a team in white do a similar thing against another team in red later on today!

would be nice! That only happened the other day.

The second goal had a touch of Mr ward vs th scum about it

today is the day nathan tyson WIILL score !! come on derby make the fans proud lets get ready to rock 3 0 derby 33,0010

I think you've got an extra "0" in there somewhere, it's going to be a bit over crowded otherwise. This is just the sort of game when another team has an ex player where you just know that it's going to come back and haunt you, this one has surely got Tyson's name nailed on to make the headlines for the right reasons. COYR

Derby County captain Shaun Barker says his family's footballing loyalties will be tested to the limit when his side and Nottingham Forest meet on Tuesday.

The Nottingham-born defender grew up as a Forest fan in a Reds family.

But although most of his relations now support their own flesh and blood in the A52 derby, one person remains fiercely loyal to his Forest roots.

"My uncle won't come; he's a die-hard Forest fan so won't sit with the Derby lot," Barker told BBC Radio Derby.

"But the rest of my family will come. When the Forest game comes up I have to find 20 tickets from somewhere."

Barker, 29, missed the first, incident-packed encounter between the sides at the City Ground in September because of a knee injury.

But frustrating as it was to miss the match, he was at least in a great position to see the Rams recover from going a goal and a man down inside the first minute to record a famous 2-1 win.

"I feared the worst after 30 seconds when Frankie [Fielding] got dismissed," he said.

"To put on a performance after going 1-0 down with only 10 men after a minute at the City Ground was an outstanding effort. We played fantastic. Theo Robinson was out of this world and everyone played their part.

"That was as good a result and performance as we have had this season. It was a special occasion."

Barker knows another victory would mean everything to the fans after a disappointing run which has seen the Rams slip to 15th in the Championship table. They are 11 points off the play-off places despite a promising start to the season.

But much of that will be forgiven if they can beat Forest for a second time this term.

"This game means everything to me personally, being raised in Nottingham with all my friends Forest fans and I was brought up watching them," Barker said.

"Even when I was playing for Blackpool and Rotherham this was the one I looked forward to all season. It adds a little bit of extra pressure and excitement. I cannot wait.

"We know how much it means to the club and the fans. We don't have to be told. It's a massive game and a great chance to do the double on a side who have probably had the better of us in the last couple of years

"It's the biggest derby I have ever played in. As soon as you go to a club it doesn't matter if you are from there or not, you get the idea of what it means to the club and fans in the build up to the game and get sucked into it. Every lad in the squad will be desperate to play."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17352838

Neither club is big.. In fact in relative terms both clubs are actually medium-small clubs.. I've never met a person in Canada, The States or Mexico that has heard of either of them..

There is a difference between being 'big' and being 'historical'.. We are both historical. Nothing else. Although Forest have their names written on a trophy that will be sitting alongside more illustrious clubs, whereas we don't.. I'd make Forest more historical than us.

As for the attendance, size of ground, revenue streams.. Who's sad enough to actually care?

Should be a good game this regardless.. I'm going to a restaurant with my family that have come to visit me, I'll take my laptop and we'll sit there eating grilled fish Mexican style with an amazing view over the harbour with a few Coronas either watching the game over an illegal channel or via Rams Player.

It might be a fierce derby in the East midlands, perhaps not many people care about outside the EM, but there will be fellow Derby and Forest fans all over the world doing anything possible to watch / listen to the game... It will always be special to us.

As for the prediction.. Umm Derby 2-2 Forest.. Both teams to score in the last 8 minutes and a blatant penalty turned down.. THEO to score. Blackstock for them.

Archived