The Tyson Curse

Ramarena

Dont understand why people would boo Tyson, surely if you felt that strongly about it you would direct your fustrations at the person who brought him to PP ?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tyson isn't a bad player at all, outstanding judgement of those who say he is... Obviously the brain dead amongst Derby fans love the fact that they can boo and be-rate him because he hasn't scored, but he isn't a bad player at all, his ability is good and you can see why the players, staff, management...etc rate him, the way they do... however, his decision making is very poor and his confidence at the minute is shot, there was a moment yesterday where he should of pulled the trigger, instead he passed it into the box and it went between both strikers..

He is like Pearson in many ways, well in every way... except I think tyson has more fight about him, and think he'll end up into a good player for Derby, whereas Pearson just didn't have it in him.

We don't need a 30 year old student. He should have learned the game by now. I don't boo, I generally just chuckle to myself watching him and Theo upfront; Theo scores from time to time being his saving grace. At least Pearson payed us back with a £60M goal.

We don't need a 30 year old student. He should have learned the game by now. I don't boo, I generally just chuckle to myself watching him and Theo upfront; Theo scores from time to time being his saving grace. At least Pearson payed us back with a £60M goal.

That 60m was then wasted, and only now have we are showing any signs of recovery. Pearson did nothing for us, all of that lot that where here have been moved on and achieved nothing, even Commons hasn't actually lit up Celtic.

i still don't believe the amount of abuse Tyson is getting.

He's had a very troubled time with injuries and everyone seems to expect him to be like Usain Bolt in his first few starts after an injury.

If he had a good pre season without an injury i'm sure he would do a good job next season. As has been said before, its not like we paid millions for him, he was free, therefore theres bound to be a risk.

Give the lad a chance and support him through his frustrating times.

Imagine if you had a bad injury at work and you was getting back into it slowly and all your colleagues point at you saying your not good enough for the job.

I know the comeback will be; he's being paid enough so he'll be ok. But hes human and deserves a proper chance to prove himself without too much pressure.

Agreed, however before Vaz Te moved to WH, he had a poor season before. I think Tyson should be given to Jan to see if he can turn things around.

Barnsley and Keith Hill should take credit that that one, not West Ham.

At the summer only Barnsley took the gamble.

i still don't believe the amount of abuse Tyson is getting.

He's had a very troubled time with injuries and everyone seems to expect him to be like Usain Bolt in his first few starts after an injury.

If he had a good pre season without an injury i'm sure he would do a good job next season. As has been said before, its not like we paid millions for him, he was free, therefore theres bound to be a risk.

Give the lad a chance and support him through his frustrating times.

Imagine if you had a bad injury at work and you was getting back into it slowly and all your colleagues point at you saying your not good enough for the job.

I know the comeback will be; he's being paid enough so he'll be ok. But hes human and deserves a proper chance to prove himself without too much pressure.

I agree, people chant Theo's name and yet Tyson on Saturday was much more dangerous. Got some crosses in, used his pace. When Theo got the ball and tried to go past players and cross he had nowhere near the same effect.

Tyson went past players and got the cross in, got to the by-line a few times, cut inside. Don't know what else people are expecting of a winger?

That 60m was then wasted, and only now have we are showing any signs of recovery. Pearson did nothing for us, all of that lot that where here have been moved on and achieved nothing, even Commons hasn't actually lit up Celtic.

And so what if it was then wasted by management, that makes Pearson's fiscal contribution less noteworthy? What a ridiculous point. Who cares what a player gets up to after Derby, I'd have Commons back in a flash. I'd love Hulse back/ Few more I could stretch to as well, not really sure what relevance it has though.

p.s Pearson probably gave me by best moment supporting the Rams in the last 10 years and a few might be with me on that one

Tyson isn't a bad player at all, outstanding judgement of those who say he is... Obviously the brain dead amongst Derby fans love the fact that they can boo and be-rate him because he hasn't scored, but he isn't a bad player at all, his ability is good and you can see why the players, staff, management...etc rate him, the way they do... however, his decision making is very poor and his confidence at the minute is shot, there was a moment yesterday where he should of pulled the trigger, instead he passed it into the box and it went between both strikers..

He is like Pearson in many ways, well in every way... except I think tyson has more fight about him, and think he'll end up into a good player for Derby, whereas Pearson just didn't have it in him.

Make your mind up, he's a very good player yet his decision making is very poor. He's like Pearson but he isn't. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wacko:' />

Very poor signing in every way, and with his history he's very lucky the crowd haven't turned on him completely.

And so what if it was then wasted by management, that makes Pearson's fiscal contribution less noteworthy? What a ridiculous point. Who cares what a player gets up to after Derby, I'd have Commons back in a flash. I'd love Hulse back/ Few more I could stretch to as well, not really sure what relevance it has though.

p.s Pearson probably gave me by best moment supporting the Rams in the last 10 years and a few might be with me on that one

We had one moment of luck and it happened to be Pearson that provided it, yes it was a great moment, certainly on a cold miserable day, however the next 3 seasons showed that they where never good enough, both the team, the manager and the board.

I don't care about what they go on to do after Derby, however no point bringing them back as they either weren't good enough or didn't want to be here.

I think Roberts deserved abit of the bashing though, the defending he attempted Vs Bristol City at home in 10/11 was appauling. The worst defending i've seen since Claude and Big Daz were paired together against 20 million pound strikers. This season he's turned it around completely, he's been nothing short of brilliant from a defensive point of view.

I don't think Tyson is that bad. He's just pretty average, puts some good balls in, puts some bad ones in. Derby fans like a scapegoat, more than any teams fans. Thankfully for the doom merchants he's an ex-red with quite abit of history against us. Shove the "best fans ever ever ever ever" up your arse to whoever thinks that, we're embarrasing as a fanbase at times.

I think Roberts deserved abit of the bashing though, the defending he attempted Vs Bristol City at home in 10/11 was appauling. The worst defending i've seen since Claude and Big Daz were paired together against 20 million pound strikers. This season he's turned it around completely, he's been nothing short of brilliant from a defensive point of view.

I don't think Tyson is that bad. He's just pretty average, puts some good balls in, puts some bad ones in. Derby fans like a scapegoat, more than any teams fans. Thankfully for the doom merchants he's an ex-red with quite abit of history against us. Shove the "best fans ever ever ever ever" up your arse to whoever thinks that, we're embarrasing as a fanbase at times.

Yeah, because no other set of fans would give him stick coming from a rival team touted as our main striker and not scoring a goal in a competitive match for a whole year.

The problem with Derby fans is exactly the opposite, they're too passive and put up with any **** dished up to them.

Yeah, because no other set of fans would give him stick coming from a rival team touted as our main striker and not scoring a goal in a competitive match for a whole year.

The problem with Derby fans is exactly the opposite, they're too passive and put up with any **** dished up to them.

I think we got more value for money out of Ravenelli, he scored a few at least.

west ham (H) ?

Quite possibly, the BBC site usually has these sort of stats I think? Having said that, we do need goals and I can extend the criticism to Ward who with 4 hasn't produced enough for me. If Tyson is to be a winger, I'd expect a fair few goals and quite a few assists to be honest, with the same going to any other wide player.

I'm sorry but if you believe Nathan Tyson was going to be the "main striker" then you really are a fool. All you need is a little football knowledge of this level and how he's done at Forest in recent years, it's not hard to work out he's an average NPC player. I don't know why Tyson was built up to be the big summer signing but everyone that believed he was really was foolish. Why you'd expect anything other than averageness from him is beyond me, he's never had a season at this level that has been better than average. The fact that he hasn't played as an out and out striker in 4 years earmarked it out for me.

I don't put up with ****, i'm realistic not idiotic with my hopes on average players. I think some people believe we have some devine right to be better than we are, at this moment in time i'm quite happy to be NPC midtable fodder. Could be much worse.

edit:

I cant remember a single good ball he's put in yet.

Short memory. Despite the numerous bad balls he put in the box (or out of play) on Saturday he did put 2/3 good balls into the box. One right accross the 6 yard box waiting to be tapped in. Don't want to seem picky but theres no need to ignore facts to have a sly snipe at the bloke.

Archived