The Tyson Curse

Ramarena

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes ok in a team that has struggled for goals this season, Theo has popped up with a few, hardly prolific though! Davies has one goal less and has been injured for half the season. I'm talking about Theo's overall contribution to a game. When we are under pressure, you need someone up front who can alleviate that pressure with a half decent touch and the ability to lay the ball off. Robinson doesn't have this at all, the amount of times he gives the ball away with a sloppy touch is enough to drive you mad.

In addition to this, he's not a massive lad but not small either, yet it's very rare you ever see him win a flick on, in fact he doesn't even seem to jump for the ball, he just seems to kind of stoop and let centre back boss him about.

He's not a proven championship goal scorer, a poor scoring record speaks for itself. I could forgive this if he actually added anything to our general play, but he doesn't, he needs to be shipped out in the summer, and some proven quality needs to be brought in.

Robinson is a league 2/ conference player at best, and I hazard a guess that I have a better first touch than he does. He's been at Derby a while now, first touch is something you can work on, but Theo's doesn't seem to have improved at all.

Fed up of people praising the lad, I'm sure he is nice enough, but he aint good enough to be playing in front of 25,000 plus people every week, and anyone who thinks he is is delusional.

When we can afford bigger wages/fees to attract better quality then fair enough. At the moment a player who is scoring 1 goal in 2 starts for us is contributing to the team.

At the moment, we look more likely to score with him in the team than without.

I have never denied being mad or delusional btw... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

85 minutes in and he running around like a express train chasing players down !! That's not contributing, did he also not win the free kick for the 1st goal? Ok he missed a sitter though it looked like he wasnt expecting it ( stil should of scored) but how u can say he doesn't contribute is madness, I'd like to see his mileage that he covers every game, he won headers and clearances with knee chest or whatever else he could from blackpools corners, yes he is annoying at times but to say he does not contribute... Now that is madness

Theo has only scored 12 championship goals for two clubs in his whole championship career, proven championship goal scorer? You must be mad....

From 32 starts - 0.38 goals per game.

From 55 inc. subs - 0.22 goals per game.

Must say, I quite surprised at that, it's a damn good ratio!

I think he's an alright option, we lacked pace for years and now we finally have it people are still miffed. We're not going to splash millions on a striker who has pace and quality so for what we have got, which for me is a young, improving but still raw footballing striker, i'm content. I'd of laughed at anyone last season if they would have said Theo would be 1 away from double figures with 10+ games left!

Fair play to the lad, I think he knows he's not got the best footballing ability in the world but he's scored some vital goals for us as well as always giving 100%, I can't knock him as much as he frustrates me sometimes.

i dont care about other managers.clough is Derbys manager and he isnt good enough.He is out of his depth.This romantic fairytale father and son claptrap has got to stop.

If youre happy to put up with this mediocrity then good luck to you,but im not.

'bye then

Should have scored at least twice last nite though, but still played well.

yes, should have scored a couple- love the guy though! He was doing quite a lot of defending last night too and helped to relieve the pressure on a number of occasions. Also, charging around up front and hassling the defenders can cause them to give the ball away but even if it doesn't it makes them look for the simple, safe pass rather than a through ball that could put us in trouble.

85 minutes in and he running around like a express train chasing players down !! That's not contributing, did he also not win the free kick for the 1st goal? Ok he missed a sitter though it looked like he wasnt expecting it ( stil should of scored) but how u can say he doesn't contribute is madness, I'd like to see his mileage that he covers every game, he won headers and clearances with knee chest or whatever else he could from blackpools corners, yes he is annoying at times but to say he does not contribute... Now that is madness

He doesn't contribute in a technical sense, anyone with a bit of fitness can chase down players, more like running round like a headless chicken.

When we can afford bigger wages/fees to attract better quality then fair enough. At the moment a player who is scoring 1 goal in 2 starts for us is contributing to the team.

At the moment, we look more likely to score with him in the team than without.

I have never denied being mad or delusional btw... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

He's scored 7 league goals this term, are you saying he has only made 14 starts?

He's scored 7 league goals this term, are you saying he has only made 14 starts?

sorry my bad he has made 15 starts this term, so I suppose 7 goals aint too bad a return, but his overall record is 12 from 31 starts, but he is no where near good enough and 31 starts in 2 years suggests he aint good enough. i'd rather watch someone who can control a ball rather than run around like a steam train any day of the week.

yes it does, it makes defenders hurry to get the ball away- making mistakes/ giving the ball away/ not playing incisive passes

so that's why we should play him up front, cuz he makes the effort to close people down? Perhaps if he new when to close down and when to conserve his energy he might make the right decision in the final third a few more times.

sorry my bad he has made 15 starts this term, so I suppose 7 goals aint too bad a return, but his overall record is 12 from 31 starts, but he is no where near good enough and 31 starts in 2 years suggests he aint good enough. i'd rather watch someone who can control a ball rather than run around like a steam train any day of the week.

Even that 1 in 3 isnt a bad record for someone who cost a few hundred grand. We could get Deon Burton back he was good at controlling the ball but didnt score many, or Marcus Tudgay, im sure forest would rather have a player who gets the ball in the net. That is the object of the game, to score more than the other team

Even that 1 in 3 isnt a bad record for someone who cost a few hundred grand. We could get Deon Burton back he was good at controlling the ball but didnt score many, or Marcus Tudgay, im sure forest would rather have a player who gets the ball in the net. That is the object of the game, to score more than the other team

Mate i'd take marcus tudgay over robinson any day of the week, strikers create a lot of goals through their off the ball play and link up play, allowing midfielders to support and chip in with goals too. It's not just about his goal scoring record, it's about what he brings to the overall general pattern of our play, so many moves breakdown because of his inept ability this = missed opportunities to put pressure on teams and create opportunities that could get us more goals.

Archived