The Tyson Curse

Ramarena

Fair enough. Maybe he shouldn't be walking into the team.

But he hasn't played enough to have full match fitness/ confidence.

I believe he should be coming off the bench this season. Then to get a good pre-season and be fighting fit and confident next season, we'll see what he can do then.

Fair enough. Maybe he shouldn't be walking into the team.

But he hasn't played enough to have full match fitness/ confidence.

I believe he should be coming off the bench this season. Then to get a good pre-season and be fighting fit and confident next season, we'll see what he can do then.

Yeah, ok. Agree with that. I still thinks he's the 3rd, perhaps 4th best striker/forward we've got though.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neither are wide men. Tyson maybe can get away with it but Theo is a striker. He has pace to get in behind the defence and also to compensate for an often poor first touch. Also he can finish but his passing etc is not good for that wider support role.

So you clearly never watched the game yesterday then. Theo's first touch was the best I've seen from him yet. He had a great game imo.

Well, there must have been two games played at St Andrews then as I thought he was same old and ineffective on the wing in the first half. Improved when he went up top but still his touch and final ball was poor. Gave the ball away for Brum's second and could have done better with the last kick of the game to put Ben Davies in are two key moments that spring straight to mind. Great finish from him for his goal but I didn't think he played "great". He's lethal inside the 18 yard box but out of it he doesn't really look like a footballer to me.

Well, there must have been two games played at St Andrews then as I thought he was same old and ineffective on the wing in the first half. Improved when he went up top but still his touch and final ball was poor. Gave the ball away for Brum's second and could have done better with the last kick of the game to put Ben Davies in are two key moments that spring straight to mind. Great finish from him for his goal but I didn't think he played "great". He's lethal inside the 18 yard box but out of it he doesn't really look like a footballer to me.

There clearly must have been 2 different games.

There clearly must have been 2 different games.

So you didnt see Theo give the ball away for the second goal? Or play that poor pass to Ben Davies at the end? Or how he barely touched the ball first half, and when he did i can remember him mis controlling it at least twice.

Cant argue that he took his goal well, but come on, what else did he do apart from that?

So you didnt see Theo give the ball away for the second goal? Or play that poor pass to Ben Davies at the end? Or how he barely touched the ball first half, and when he did i can remember him mis controlling it at least twice.

Cant argue that he took his goal well, but come on, what else did he do apart from that?

his first touch was terrible on a number of occasions i agree.

Ben Davies wouldn't have scored late on if Theo's pass was inch perfect because Davies was offside. And Shackell was to blame for the second. Infact everyone was to blame, Theo gave the ball away on the edge of Birmingham's box and then they took it the entire length of the field and scored. But obviously its easy to blame Robinson for anything that goes wrong.

Nathan Tyson has played in the second tier 144 times for Reading, Forest and Derby and has scored 10 goals, one goal in 14.4 games.

Theo Robinson has played in the second tier 54 times for Watford, Millwall and Derby and has scored 12 goals, one goal in 4.5 games.

Nathan Tyson has played in the second tier 144 times for Reading, Forest and Derby and has scored 10 goals, one goal in 14.4 games.

Theo Robinson has played in the second tier 54

times for Watford, Millwall and Derby and has scored 12 goals, one goal in 4.5 games.

One of Tysons goals was a keepers kick that hit him in the backside and went in. He's not claiming that!

Tbf, I really want Tyson to do well. And I do think he could be a decent right winger for us. But looking at his track record, and his career so far at Derby.... It's no wonder people are short tempered with him as a signing.

Maybe don't expect miracles, he was a freebie. Just because he was a Forest player that waved a flag he gets a hard time. Any other freebie wouldn't...

...hmmm, remembers early days of Roberts DCFC career.

Maybe he'll change minds as well.

Freebie in name only.

He will be one of the highest earners in the squad and he will have pocketed a tidy signing-on fee due to his Bosman status.

Derby County manager Nigel Clough tells BBC Radio Derby that Nathan Tyson has only a 50% chance of being involved against Blackpool, after picking up a foot injury in the draw with Birmingham City.

Clough won't risk him.He'll want him fit for the forest game. He'll play Bavies instead.

Hard to defend this signing.

So much pressure on him given where he's come from, he's injury prone, and despite the fact he played alot of games as a winger rather than a forward, supporters look at his goalscoring record.

Purely on ability he's probably a good player. But purely on ability doesn't win matches.

I think it was a poor signing.

He played on the wing for Forest because he was better there than upfront. They didn't try to restrict a goal machine.

He played on the wing for Forest, hardly a defensive position, and despite being a "natural striker" and "being played out of position" and being part of a play off team he didn't score goals. Wingers score goals. I'd expect a natural striker playing on the wing to score just as many.

He was always injured at Forest. It's March and he's played a handful of games. Not full games.

I'm not a Nathan Tyson fan. I'm not especially a Nigel Clough fan. I'm a Derby fan. I don't support any player unconditionally. I get behind the players on a matchday 100%. every game because it serves the club. Not individual egos

But Tyson has been a crap signing. And hes continuing where he left off at Forest. How can anyone say any different?? Unless you are a Nathan Tyson supporter regardless of whether he serves Derby. Support him on matchday by all means. Be open minded to him changing his performances. It's not fickle. DCFC don't owe him. They pay him for a service.

Nothing in life is free either. Certainly not a footballer with a signing on fee and THOUSANDS per week

Archived