The Tyson Curse

Ramarena

Tyson is just a poor NPC footballer.. Anyone trying to defend him is just ludicrously deluded.. It's not the fact that he doesn't score, it's the fact that he never looks like scoring.. One game recently he missed a header from about 2 yards out (it looped over the bar) but the way he attacked it just screamed of 'ameture' he basically turned his back to the ball and got underneath it.. I mean seriously? He doesn't even look like a proffessional footballer at times.

We've had far better players that have been ripped to shreds.. Danny Graham, Stern John, Lee Morris.. All better players.

Some fool took a bet up with me that he'd score more than 10 goals this season, I couldn't believe my luck..

Before you call people a 'fool' I would consider if I was you some of the statements and bets you have made.

I remember a bet made between you and someone on here can not remember who it was..... the bet if I remember rightly was that the Barnsley Manager Kieth Hill was a better manager and that Barnsley was a better team than Derby and by the end of the season the league would show this as Barnsley would be above Derby.

The person who took you up on that bet was called deluded, a fool etc for stating without any doubt that Derby would be above Barnsley. Well its the end of the season and the league table does not lie Barnsley proved if they were better than Derby or not by finishing 16 points (not ahead of us) behind us. So in your own words how would you describe your comments and statements.

In respect of the Tyson point I am sure the comment was made at the beginning of the season before he was out till the new year with an injury and although disappointing he has not scored he has not been able to get into the side as it was planned at the beginning of the season and has nearly played on the wing as much as up front over the last couple of months. This does not justify his poor return for the club but as I have said before I will judge him him next season if he gets through the preseason and has chance with confidence to prove his worth. If he doesn't then its time to move him on.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When Clough was questioned about why he bought Tyson into the team was because of his pace, I know at the time he signed he said he was going to be a striker, but I think having realised he's not really got the clinical touch, Clough prefers now to stick him on the wing, or bring him on for the last 15-20 minutes to try and stretch the game when we're defending a 1-0 lead.

Are you being serious Bris, or just sarcastic - Danny Graham ?

I'll agree he's had a pretty good season with Swansea, but he couldn't hit a cow's backside with a banjo when he played for us (0 goals in 14 appearances)

And neither could Stern John (0 goals in 7 appearances)

Stern John and Danny Graham had better records than 4 goals in about 3 years though.. And they weren't playing for clubs that were regularly scoring and fighting at the top of the table.. Stern John had more talent in his little toe than Tyson has in his whole body..

Before you call people a 'fool' I would consider if I was you some of the statements and bets you have made.

I remember a bet made between you and someone on here can not remember who it was..... the bet if I remember rightly was that the Barnsley Manager Kieth Hill was a better manager and that Barnsley was a better team than Derby and by the end of the season the league would show this as Barnsley would be above Derby.

The person who took you up on that bet was called deluded, a fool etc for stating without any doubt that Derby would be above Barnsley. Well its the end of the season and the league table does not lie Barnsley proved if they were better than Derby or not by finishing 16 points (not ahead of us) behind us. So in your own words how would you describe your comments and statements.

In respect of the Tyson point I am sure the comment was made at the beginning of the season before he was out till the new year with an injury and although disappointing he has not scored he has not been able to get into the side as it was planned at the beginning of the season and has nearly played on the wing as much as up front over the last couple of months. This does not justify his poor return for the club but as I have said before I will judge him him next season if he gets through the preseason and has chance with confidence to prove his worth. If he doesn't then its time to move him on.

I didn't call anyone a fool, only a deluded person would think that..

I made a bet? Oh you mean I mentoned when Barnsley had the best midfielder in the league, the highest scoring midfielder, a player worth over $1mill on loan pulling the strings from out wide, a regular goalscorer, a solid keeper and a top defender.. None of these 6 key players finished the season.. Barnsley suffered from simply being a small club and losing it's top players.. When they were together, they were comfortably a top half team..

I love the told you so comments.. This coming from the same guy who thought we were better than Stoke (but we were outplayed on all fronts) but then said we were wothy of 3 points against Watford and Hull because we only had 1 shot and defended better.. Also coming from the same guy who convinced himself we were in a playoff race and that 4 wins in 15 is 'good form'

Why will you judge him next season? Does injury wrecked seasons not count? He's been sh*te this season, and he's not first team material.. Oh and he's on high wages.. But I won't judge, I'll let him suck down the wages first..

Are you being serious Bris, or just sarcastic - Danny Graham ?

I'll agree he's had a pretty good season with Swansea, but he couldn't hit a cow's backside with a banjo when he played for us (0 goals in 14 appearances)

And neither could Stern John (0 goals in 7 appearances)

Danny Graham was a 20 year old player in a team short on confidence who created very few chances during his DCFC loan spell.

Ask any Carlisle United or Watford fan about his quality,

Also Livermore wasn't great here but he has been a regular in the Spurs 18 this season,

Peter Whittingham didn't have a great loan here but now he is one of the best players in the league.

Danny Graham was a 20 year old player in a team short on confidence who created very few chances during his DCFC loan spell.

Ask any Carlisle United or Watford fan about his quality,

Also Livermore wasn't great here but he has been a regular in the Spurs 18 this season,

Peter Whittingham didn't have a great loan here but now he is one of the best players in the league.

I agree with what you but that's not really the point. Bris said we're had better players at Derby, naming them as examples. But when those players were here they were truly shocking.

If he stands by those players being better when they were at Derby, then I think he's completely out of touch with reality.

Or likes winding people up on the internet. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

I agree with what you but that's not really the point. Bris said we're had better players at Derby, naming them as examples. But when those players were here they were truly shocking.

If he stands by those players being better when they were at Derby, then I think he's completely out of touch with reality.

Or likes winding people up on the internet. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

They were no worse than tyson and at least we could send then back

I made a bet? Oh you mean I mentoned when Barnsley had the best midfielder in the league, the highest scoring midfielder, a player worth over $1mill on loan pulling the strings from out wide, a regular goalscorer, a solid keeper and a top defender.. None of these 6 key players finished the season.. Barnsley suffered from simply being a small club and losing it's top players.. When they were together, they were comfortably a top half team..

I love the told you so comments.. This coming from the same guy who thought we were better than Stoke (but we were outplayed on all fronts) but then said we were wothy of 3 points against Watford and Hull because we only had 1 shot and defended better.. Also coming from the same guy who convinced himself we were in a playoff race and that 4 wins in 15 is 'good form'

Why will you judge him next season? Does injury wrecked seasons not count? He's been sh*te this season, and he's not first team material.. Oh and he's on high wages.. But I won't judge, I'll let him suck down the wages first..

I am not going to turn this thread into an argument with you as this is what tends to happen. The point I was making everyone can make statements because that is there view. In respect of Barnsley you were discussing how poor Clough was in respect of tactics and that Hill would have been a better option as Barnsley play better football and would finish above us. You asked me the question if I honestly believed whether Barnsley would finish above us and would I bet on it and I replied Derby straight away.

There is no need to call people a 'fool' or 'deluded' as on other threads as people are only commenting on their opinions or views, if you do not agree with it that is fine but no need to bring names or disrespecting people through a computer.

In respect of this thread Tyson I feel has a chance of turning his career round at Derby if he has a preseason with no injuries. If however it is evident that he is unable to do so then move him on, thats my view. I am not a fool for thinking this, I have watched Tyson off the ball since he has come back from the injury as well as watching the game. I have seen some things that others may not have and would not be shown through TV. I have seen the little runs that takes defenders away from the play, the runs where a little dink over the top would have created an attacking option. If players on the pitch don't see them whos responsibility is it? the one who makes the runs or the one who needs to pass the ball to him?

As I have said before if Tyson doesn't cut it next season then it will be time to move him on. I do however feel that he and Hughes will be sharing the role on the wing and Bavies will be on the way out somewhere. Clough will be reluctant to just throw Hughes into first team football for everygame. He is still learning and after watching him in the last game he is definately one for the future and both him and Ward will create things for him

The highlighted paragraph is a bit tenuous Bris. By the same reasoning if we'd had a fully fit Brayford, Barker, Theo and Davies all season we would have finished even higher above Barnsley than we did.

Theo and Savies would have scored another 4 or 5 each and Brays and Barks would have led to less goals conceded. Probably. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Archived