The Tyson Curse

Ramarena

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tyson has the same problem which afflicts similar players like Walcott and Lennon at higher levels - his brain can't keep up with his pace and when he has to make the game-changing decisions of when and where to pass and shoot, he can't do it.

I honestly think he would be better in a team where he plays down the middle, alongside a big lay off player. That way he just has to run onto balls and shoot. He's no winger, because his crossing just isn't good enough. I wish him well but we won't progress until we get someone in his place.

Mr Tibbs is right in saying booing doesn't help - let's save that for the non-triers.

Feel sorry for Tys. His confidence is shot to pieces. He's endured half a season of injury hell, struggled to work his way back to fitness and snatched at his chances in front of goal.

Today he was running at defenders all game and though it didn't come off at times, he didn't shy away from it. He worked his way past three defenders at one point in the first half and should have got a penalty when he got hauled down.

To those who were booing him today (not many admittedly, but certainly a good number around me in the East Stand), hang your heads in shame. The lad is busting his arse off to do well for this club and hearing people boo him or getting a ****-tonne of abuse on Twitter from his own fans won't be helping.

He showed today on several occasions that he can be a danger on the wing for us. Forget sticking him up front, give him a full pre-season and get him on the left-wing next season with Ward on the right.

Feel sorry for Tys. His confidence is shot to pieces. He's endured half a season of injury hell, struggled to work his way back to fitness and snatched at his chances in front of goal.

Today he was running at defenders all game and though it didn't come off at times, he didn't shy away from it. He worked his way past three defenders at one point in the first half and should have got a penalty when he got hauled down.

To those who were booing him today (not many admittedly, but certainly a good number around me in the East Stand), hang your heads in shame. The lad is busting his arse off to do well for this club and hearing people boo him or getting a ****-tonne of abuse on Twitter from his own fans won't be helping.

He showed today on several occasions that he can be a danger on the wing for us. Forget sticking him up front, give him a full pre-season and get him on the left-wing next season with Ward on the right.

I haven't boo'ed him, I didn't boo him, and I won't boo him. I will never boo any Derby player, but what argument do you honestly have that says boo'ing Tyson is wrong?Nobody should hang their head in shame. He's been garbage. I think everybody that boo'ed him had the right to. Just because he signed a contract at this club doesn't mean that we have to fully support him through think and thin after the history that he's had with us. In this case, support is something he's got to earn, and he knew that when he came here. The fans let him know what they think. They don't want him at the club, and neither do I. If that boo'ing today gets rid of him then congratulations, we'll move on to another player.

As much I don't like booing players, he had to come here hitting the ground running,(and I remember that being said on here when he signed) because

A. He was a "stella" signing

B. Clough gave him a goalscoring tag

C. Ex-Forest

D. The Flag.

What we got? 20 mins of football up to Christmas, only to get injured again just after it, comes back only to be crap.

Jamie Ward has made left wing position his own, why does does Tyson deserve to take it? What I saw yesterday I would play Will Hughes ahead of him and even Bavies. He had a full pre-season only to get injured just before the brum game

To be fair why didnit nige after taking theo off yesterday then put Tyson up with Davies for 20mins or so if clough claims he's a striker and put Bennett out wide?

Oh by the way that Carroll sub was a joke why give someone who won't be here next season 15 minutes and not say a derby player that baffled me and I did boo at that!

As much I don't like booing players, he had to come here hitting the ground running,(and I remember that being said on here when he signed) because

A. He was a "stella" signing

B. Clough gave him a goalscoring tag

C. Ex-Forest

D. The Flag.

Indeed. Clough has made a big mistake on this one, we're on a tight budget and we've signed a donkey. I'd expect a central defender to score more or as much as Tyson has in his whole championship career. He needs to be shipped out and his wages used to greater effect, easier said than done.

There have been several players in the Championship that have had woeful seasons, only to come back and have a great season.

You cannot fault his work rate yesterday, some of the crosses where brilliant and their defence rode their luck. He did look dejected at times, however he worked hard till the final whistle.

I agree with some that he should be playing, or at least given some matches, to play down the middle.

I haven't boo'ed him, I didn't boo him, and I won't boo him. I will never boo any Derby player, but what argument do you honestly have that says boo'ing Tyson is wrong?Nobody should hang their head in shame. He's been garbage. I think everybody that boo'ed him had the right to. Just because he signed a contract at this club doesn't mean that we have to fully support him through think and thin after the history that he's had with us. In this case, support is something he's got to earn, and he knew that when he came here. The fans let him know what they think. They don't want him at the club, and neither do I. If that boo'ing today gets rid of him then congratulations, we'll move on to another player.

Anyone who boos their own player should hang their head in shame, particularly when the only thing that player has done wrong is struggle to settle. I'm amazed that you can try to justify the booing of a player who isn't short on effort but is merely short on confidence.

Remember when he worked his way past two or three defenders and had a chance to shoot from a tight angle? If his confidence had been there he would have smashed that past the keeper but instead he chose to square it and noone was there. Booing the guy won't help make him a better player, it's just going to make his already fragile confidence shatter.

Tyson isn't a bad player at all, outstanding judgement of those who say he is... Obviously the brain dead amongst Derby fans love the fact that they can boo and be-rate him because he hasn't scored, but he isn't a bad player at all, his ability is good and you can see why the players, staff, management...etc rate him, the way they do... however, his decision making is very poor and his confidence at the minute is shot, there was a moment yesterday where he should of pulled the trigger, instead he passed it into the box and it went between both strikers..

He is like Pearson in many ways, well in every way... except I think tyson has more fight about him, and think he'll end up into a good player for Derby, whereas Pearson just didn't have it in him.

He's been a really poor signing for all sorts of reasons that we all know about; the only thing that keeps me plugging away for him is that he clearly wants to do well, he was obviously trying hard on Saturday, as he has every time has has played, and was getting increasingly frustrated when things weren't happening for him.

All of a sudden Torres isn't crap having hit a bit of form, and that's hopefully the same as Tyson. If he gets a full pre-season and is still as poor half way through next season then yes, my sympathy will probably run out, but for now I'm right behind him (figuratively speaking of course).

Archived