The Tyson Curse

Ramarena

Yeah, because no other set of fans would give him stick coming from a rival team touted as our main striker and not scoring a goal in a competitive match for a whole year.

The problem with Derby fans is exactly the opposite, they're too passive and put up with any **** dished up to them.

I thought this debate was about us booing Tyson.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry but if you believe Nathan Tyson was going to be the "main striker" then you really are a fool. All you need is a little football knowledge of this level and how he's done at Forest in recent years, it's not hard to work out he's an average NPC player. I don't know why Tyson was built up to be the big summer signing but everyone that believed he was really was foolish. Why you'd expect anything other than averageness from him is beyond me, he's never had a season at this level that has been better than average. The fact that he hasn't played as an out and out striker in 4 years earmarked it out for me.

I don't put up with ****, i'm realistic not idiotic with my hopes on average players. I think some people believe we have some devine right to be better than we are, at this moment in time i'm quite happy to be NPC midtable fodder. Could be much worse.

Just look at this:

"We see Nathan playing more as a centre-forward, his goalscoring record at Wycombe was very impressive and we'd like to see him repeat that here." And other quotes about "talismanic striker" from Clough. Nigel is a fool.

Quick question. Those of you who want Tyson "gone" or "paid off", how many of you said the same after Ben Davies' poor half-season from January 2011 onwards? I'd argue he was no more or less effective in that time than Tyson, save the goal against Leeds.

If we weren't discussing an ex-Forest player who once waved a flag, I doubt there would be this level of vitriol

Just a quick look at the bbc stats for Derby.

Tyson has made 24 appearances and scored 0

S Davies has made 27 appearances and scored 12.

I don't think either player has a good injury record. But there is no chance Tyson could be our main striker. I also don't care that he came from Forest. I care that his goal record througout his career is roughly 1 in 4. And he was signed with the intention of being our main striker. Maybe you can argue he has been played as a winger for a lot of that time...but that asks why has he been played there? The difference here is that even with injury disruption, S Davies scores....

I would never boo him and whilstever he is playing, I support. I would love for Tyson to be a hit, but I just don't see it.

Just look at this:

"We see Nathan playing more as a centre-forward, his goalscoring record at Wycombe was very impressive and we'd like to see him repeat that here." And other quotes about "talismanic striker" from Clough. Nigel is a fool.

On this matter, you sir, are correct. How you can use someones goalscoring record 3/4 years previous at a lower level as a marker is beyond me. I wish he wouldn't of said anything about Tyson, I think it's unfair on him because he's not as good as Clough thinks/said he is, which in turn gets everyone expecting things from a very average NPC player.

In waiting for the usual he will be ok with a good pre season behind him.

I think Tyson's biggest problem is he isn't very good. Quick but not a footballer

Talking to my forest brother in law, he didn't have a pre-season for the last three seasons there, TBH he had a good pre season here, but he got injured just before the 1st game, so fat load of use that is! I agree with you also at the end he a athlete not a footballer.

I'm sorry but if you believe Nathan Tyson was going to be the "main striker" then you really are a fool. All you need is a little football knowledge of this level and how he's done at Forest in recent years, it's not hard to work out he's an average NPC player. I don't know why Tyson was built up to be the big summer signing but everyone that believed he was really was foolish. Why you'd expect anything other than averageness from him is beyond me, he's never had a season at this level that has been better than average. The fact that he hasn't played as an out and out striker in 4 years earmarked it out for me.

I don't put up with ****, i'm realistic not idiotic with my hopes on average players. I think some people believe we have some devine right to be better than we are, at this moment in time i'm quite happy to be NPC midtable fodder. Could be much worse.

I think you've got the wrong end of the stick there, sunshine.

I never said he was our main striker, I said he was touted as our main striker when he was signed. Anyone with half a brain can see he's not a striker.

Sorry but I am not going to get at the lad for being injured for the first half of the season. I think some people may be blinkered due to the flag waving incident and he is from Forest.

He makes runs that are not seen by his fellow players which if they did he would be having more chances to score. He places the ball in the area of the box where if we had that out and out goal scorer we would have scored more. At least two of his crosses against Peterborough just provides to examples. He is more skillful than Robinson the thing with Robinson he had an early chance with no injuries and therefore confidence not knocked and scored early on. I will judge Tyson on next season and see how it goes from there.

Quick question. Those of you who want Tyson "gone" or "paid off", how many of you said the same after Ben Davies' poor half-season from January 2011 onwards? I'd argue he was no more or less effective in that time than Tyson, save the goal against Leeds.

If we weren't discussing an ex-Forest player who once waved a flag, I doubt there would be this level of vitriol

To be fair, I backed Ben Davies from the day he first came and have ever since. I don't think he's the best player we've got but I've always recognised his contribution. Do I want Tyson gone, well yes. If he proves me wrong, then I'd be delighted with that, but I never agreed with the signing in the first place and I'd be very happy if he's not a Derby player next season.

Do people actually think Ben Davies is in the plans as he did get left out a lot and only got back in due to injuries and again didn't feature at the end.

Rotherham I think your watching a different Tyson, I don't see these runs the other players do, I think you're trying to make big him up when he hasnt performed. He was bought as the main forward to give us goals and hasn't done it do been shoved back out wide

I think you've got the wrong end of the stick there, sunshine.

I never said he was our main striker, I said he was touted as our main striker when he was signed. Anyone with half a brain can see he's not a striker.

Seems to me that we have a lot of fans with half a brain then. I don't get what the problem is if people can realise he's just not that good. No need to abuse the man, it aint his fault!

You honestly see him starting next season when everybody is back fit as I don't

Ward Hendrick bryson Hughes

S.davies theo

Will ALLWAYS be our front six I know Hughes might not play as many but clough has earmarked him as a direct replacement for green

It's all in hope bearing in mind if we keep hold of ward and the front two Tyson is nothing more than a 20 minutes to go impact sub at best but if he starts I'll ALLWAYS be routing for him

Tyson is just a poor NPC footballer.. Anyone trying to defend him is just ludicrously deluded.. It's not the fact that he doesn't score, it's the fact that he never looks like scoring.. One game recently he missed a header from about 2 yards out (it looped over the bar) but the way he attacked it just screamed of 'ameture' he basically turned his back to the ball and got underneath it.. I mean seriously? He doesn't even look like a proffessional footballer at times.

We've had far better players that have been ripped to shreds.. Danny Graham, Stern John, Lee Morris.. All better players.

Some fool took a bet up with me that he'd score more than 10 goals this season, I couldn't believe my luck..

Oh, and it's not the fact that he played for Forest or that he was bought as our no.1 striker.. It's the fact that his wages are at the top end of the squad and he's being paid good wages to do a job he's simply not doing..

I wouldn't mind if he was on Connor Doyle wages and he was known to be 3rd or 4th choice striker. I wouldn't have a problem at all..

But he's our top striker in terms of wages and he's our worst striker in terms of goals and performances. It's the complete opposite of what you'd call 'Value for money'

Are you being serious Bris, or just sarcastic - Danny Graham ?

I'll agree he's had a pretty good season with Swansea, but he couldn't hit a cow's backside with a banjo when he played for us (0 goals in 14 appearances)

And neither could Stern John (0 goals in 7 appearances)

Archived