The Tyson Curse

Ramarena

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He doesn't contribute in a technical sense, anyone with a bit of fitness can chase down players, more like running round like a headless chicken.

You are a funny guy. You must keep on writing this comedy stuff, it does make me smile.

Yes ok in a team that has struggled for goals this season, Theo has popped up with a few, hardly prolific though! Davies has one goal less and has been injured for half the season. I'm talking about Theo's overall contribution to a game. When we are under pressure, you need someone up front who can alleviate that pressure with a half decent touch and the ability to lay the ball off. Robinson doesn't have this at all, the amount of times he gives the ball away with a sloppy touch is enough to drive you mad.

In addition to this, he's not a massive lad but not small either, yet it's very rare you ever see him win a flick on, in fact he doesn't even seem to jump for the ball, he just seems to kind of stoop and let centre back boss him about.

He's not a proven championship goal scorer, a poor scoring record speaks for itself. I could forgive this if he actually added anything to our general play, but he doesn't, he needs to be shipped out in the summer, and some proven quality needs to be brought in.

Robinson is a league 2/ conference player at best, and I hazard a guess that I have a better first touch than he does. He's been at Derby a while now, first touch is something you can work on, but Theo's doesn't seem to have improved at all.

Fed up of people praising the lad, I'm sure he is nice enough, but he aint good enough to be playing in front of 25,000 plus people every week, and anyone who thinks he is is delusional.

If you do live abroad like your name suggests, then I would ask you to consider watching a different team in your area. I am saying this based on your opinion that, to me, clearly suggests that you don't watch Derby even occasionally, nevermind on a regular basis. *So taking into account that you live abroad and you can only see Derby play when they are on TV/online and perhaps the odd match, I would advise you not to tell other people who do see Derby on a regular basis that they are wrong. Now, remembering this is all presumption, I would like to ask you, how in Gods name does Theo Robinson not contribute to Derby County?

He's scored 9 goals -no its not prolific, other than Steve Davies, its more than anyone else in the squad. He's earned us valuable points and an FA cup tie against Stoke. But other than goals his work rate has been probably second only to Bryson. But I suppose you don't think Bryson offers anything to the team either? If you have the time, I would suggest that you subscribe to Rams Player (providing you don't already) and watch the last couple of games. (He chased down the ball when needed, his first touch has improved, he's learned to to tackle and offer defensive cover.) Also, particularly watch the forest game from earlier in the season, and tell me Robinson contributed nothing to that.

---

*Just to clarify. I don't know how many games you go to so here's the little sum I did to give me an idea:

Lives abroad + different opinion than me = Doesn't go to many games, if any.

so that's why we should play him up front, cuz he makes the effort to close people down? Perhaps if he new when to close down and when to conserve his energy he might make the right decision in the final third a few more times.

Who would u play??

Oh sorry, I didn't realise that living abroad should mean that I am not allowed an opinion on a team that I love and have followed since being a young boy. Living Abroad = Doesn't go to many games, ******* clueless = Theo Robinson. Thought I would correct your little equation there.

For your information yes I do subscribe to Rams Player, and I've come to the conclusion that Theo Robinson isn't good enough to play at that level, a conclusion that I am perfectly entitled to come to. This is a conclusion based on the amount of times I've seen play break down when he is involved, the amount of times I've seen him have a heavy touch, the amount of times I've seen him run off side, the amount of sitters I've seen him miss, misplaced passes, scuffed shots, I could go on and on! Oh but don't worry, we can forgive all that because he has got work rate, we can pay him thousands of pounds a week because he runs around chasing down opposition defenders like a steam train lol. If that's the case we'll all be professional footballers shall we? I'm sorry I'd rather watch a little bit of quality thanks.

Admittedly I've watched this mostly on line, but to suggest that that somehow negates me from being able to have an opinion is absolutely stupid. I've never seen Messi play but I think I'm safe in the knowledge that he's a pretty good footballer. And to somehow belittle my opinion based on the fact that I live abroad is frankly pretty Neanderthal.

I study abroad, I'm coming back to England in three months. I made the decision to try and better myself, I suppose I better find another team to support just because I moved away for a year. What an absolutely pathetic thing to say based on someone's user name, I suggest that you stop wasting your money watching football mate, you seem pretty lovely otherwise.

Who would u play??

I would have brought Mcguire back in, Decent touch and good awareness, I would have also kept Bennet on the fringes for a few camio roles, again decent touch, and just as much pace as Theo has got. I'm not denying Theo will pop up with the odd tap in here and there, but honestly tell me, do you really think as a footballer, (I'm talking about footballing ability and a football brain here) that he is good enough for this second highest league of football in the land?

For your information yes I do subscribe to Rams Player, and I've come to the conclusion that Theo Robinson isn't good enough to play at that level, a conclusion that I am perfectly entitled to come to. This is a conclusion based on the amount of times I've seen play break down when he is involved, the amount of times I've seen him have a heavy touch, the amount of times I've seen him run off side, the amount of sitters I've seen him miss, misplaced passes, scuffed shots, I could go on and on!

Absolutely right! Everyone is allowed their opinion, no matter how wrong it is. The important thing is to keep trying. Best of luck.

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Cheer up it's only a bit of fun. It did sound a bit like a letter to Points Of View.

And anyway I was being sincere...

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

I thought the whole point of a forum was to give points of view 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I would have brought Mcguire back in, Decent touch and good awareness, I would have also kept Bennet on the fringes for a few camio roles, again decent touch, and just as much pace as Theo has got. I'm not denying Theo will pop up with the odd tap in here and there, but honestly tell me, do you really think as a footballer, (I'm talking about footballing ability and a football brain here) that he is good enough for this second highest league of football in the land?

But unfortunately he is what we have, I've seen McGuire a few times and to be honest I personally don't rate him YET, he for me needs to go out on loan and learn the English game better, at the moment clough is going on work rate and theo has that in abundance, also mason bennetts touch is also poor like Theo's and he is nowhere near as quick as theo is, not even close, Bennett is another one, he has scored goals at under 18 level which for a 15 year old is brill, he hasn't done it so much in the reserves, let's talk about ball, he has scored loads for the ressies but finds it a lot harder in the champ, it's more physical and for me his touch is also poor, ( every striker we have there touch is poor bar davies) but with what we have in our squad I'd stick with theo personally!! But that's my opinion

• 1 month later...

Tyson hasn't scored a league goal for 15 months..

I mentioned to someone that strikers aren't all about goals, that I'd be happy with a striker that only scores 5 a season but still contributes alot.. Problem is, Tyson doesn't contribute anything and he can't score..

At least while Theo is a poor footballer he offers a goal threat and seeming scares the **** out of the defenders.. Tyson does neither.. Such a poor signing and player, I really don't know what NC was thinking in bringing him in especially as he must be on high wages, worse than Mikkel Beck infront of goal..

Tyson hasn't scored a league goal for 15 months..

I mentioned to someone that strikers aren't all about goals, that I'd be happy with a striker that only scores 5 a season but still contributes alot.. Problem is, Tyson doesn't contribute anything and he can't score..

At least while Theo is a poor footballer he offers a goal threat and seeming scares the **** out of the defenders.. Tyson does neither.. Such a poor signing and player, I really don't know what NC was thinking in bringing him in especially as he must be on high wages, worse than Mikkel Beck infront of goal..

Hopefully won't be around for too much longer 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Archived