Fall out between Steve Davies and Clough?

randombc

Just putting 2 and 2 together here and coming up with 5, but Steve Davies wrote on his twitter account 'Same ****' and today Clough has come out and said that the other strikers are doing 'well' and that Steve Davies has got to show more in the reserve games to show he's ready to come back in.

I found this a bit odd considering he was our leading scorer before he got injured wit a goal every two games, and scored some crackers against Birmingham and Watford.

Possibly another Cywka situation.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Callum Ball and Nathan Tyson are now competing for the same position as Davies so the dynamic has changed from early season.

Theo and Davies were our only front players but with Callum's emergence and Tyson almost fully fit, Clough now has options and decisions to make.

Some one will be disappointed.

I think Callum Ball and Nathan Tyson are now competing for the same position as Davies so the dynamic has changed from early season.

Theo and Davies were our only front players but with Callum's emergence and Tyson almost fully fit, Clough now has options and decisions to make.

Some one will be disappointed.

We have Robinson, Davies, Tyson, Ball and Bennett (I guess) and Nigel wants to talk to Subderland re Noble. So there's going to be competition for places and not all are going to be happy. I am surprised that Tyson comes back and is instantly above others and also I don't think that the current strikers are in such an amazing run of form that others wouldn't get a look in.

Would say I'm surprised he's done this publically but I'm not. I'm hoping it's just a bad choice of words and he's just saying that Steve has just come back from injury, can't walk back into starting XI but he will get his shot if he continues to work hard.

Just putting 2 and 2 together here and coming up with 5, but Steve Davies wrote on his twitter account 'Same ****' and today Clough has come out and said that the other strikers are doing 'well' and that Steve Davies has got to show more in the reserve games to show he's ready to come back in.

I found this a bit odd considering he was our leading scorer before he got injured wit a goal every two games, and scored some crackers against Birmingham and Watford.

Possibly another Cywka situation.

He was probably talking about the weather 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

We have Robinson, Davies, Tyson, Ball and Bennett (I guess) and Nigel wants to talk to Subderland re Noble. So there's going to be competition for places and not all are going to be happy. I am surprised that Tyson comes back and is instantly above others and also I don't think that the current strikers are in such an amazing run of form that others wouldn't get a look in.

Would say I'm surprised he's done this publically but I'm not. I'm hoping it's just a bad choice of words and he's just saying that Steve has just come back from injury, can't walk back into starting XI but he will get his shot if he continues to work hard.

Thats exactly what I thought he was saying.

It could also be that Davies is still a bit tentative after that awful injury and needs more time to gain confidence to play whole-heartedly?

Yep, I'm sure Steve Davies will be facing some mental issues with heading the ball and committing to the challenge. He may be better going back to cutting in from the right (played there once or twice quite well a while ago) if he can regain a bit of speed and agility.

I find it strange when someone reads a players Twitter comment which has no context and then decides to make their own context. If Savies was saying this about the manager then he would be a bit daft after the Bywater saga and I am sure the club will have some policy on social networking.

Reminds me of the other week when someone said Green was leaving because Barker said it was the end of an era. Again a comment taken totally out of context and a fan makes something up and gets it completely wrong.

Can't see this really but you never know what goes on in training. I am not a massive fan of Davies anyway and don't see him having a god given reight to be back in the squad. If he has thrown his toys out of the pram then he is being unrealistic and unprofessional. As I say though, I doubt this is the case

Noble was poor against Barnsley, Robinsons got the * and just runs around like a headless chicken, and Tyson's injury record speaks for itself. I just believe that Davies has much more to offer then any of the strikers and was a major influence to our 4 game winning streak at the beginning of the year where we beat 2 of the 3 relegated teams from the premiership. He's obviously match fit, as he's been doing running drills, and being to join in with the rest of the squad, just couldn't head anything.

Noble was poor against Barnsley, Robinsons got the * and just runs around like a headless chicken, and Tyson's injury record speaks for itself. I just believe that Davies has much more to offer then any of the strikers and was a major influence to our 4 game winning streak at the beginning of the year where we beat 2 of the 3 relegated teams from the premiership. He's obviously match fit, as he's been doing running drills, and being to join in with the rest of the squad, just couldn't head anything.

I would say your centre forward not being able to head anything as something quite important. He has just been told to play his way back into the team. Get over it

Steve Davies comes across and one of the most professional players in our squad, he just needs to get back to full fitness and game ready! For me, he is our best striker people obviously have difference in opinions but as a deep lying forward he could be a major asset, but no point in rushing him we have plenty of options and he'll have to break through!

And the tweet was probably about his missus cooking a spaghetti barbonara, when everyone knows he prefers his spag bol!

Perhaps once Tyson and S Davies are both fully fit, they could be the attacking option of choice with Davies holding up the ball and his ariel/long rane shooting ability and Tyson chasing the flick ons and using his "pace". Robinson and Ball would be good to come on in the second half for fresh legs etc. just a thought!!! :-)

Perhaps once Tyson and S Davies are both fully fit, they could be the attacking option of choice with Davies holding up the ball and his ariel/long rane shooting ability and Tyson chasing the flick ons and using his "pace". Robinson and Ball would be good to come on in the second half for fresh legs etc. just a thought!!! :-)

Sounds sensible enough to me. Clough may think the same eventually but not yet.

So, Clough out.....and then in again 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Archived