Derby County v Stoke City

uttoxram75

Take away the fouls and the excessive balls into the box and we play very similar to how Stoke do away from home, boring, deep and look to nick the win. We played some nice football at times, mostly on the half way line where they just let us do it, did we even get the ball in there box in the second half?

The amount of crosses and punts into Ball we played was ridiculous, is there not a brain cell in the coaching staff? We're playing against a team of 8 footers, it's a complete waste of time playing anything in the air, it's exactly what they want teams to do against them and we done it far too often.

Is Ward turning into one of those players that gets praise no matter what he does? I thought he was dog ****, gave the ball away so many times. It's credit to him though that when he's crap, we create nothing. He'd get found out in the Prem, mark him tightly and he doesnt know what to do.

At least we all know what would happen if this team got promoted now.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember the days when it was a mans game?

Oh yes. With the likes of Mark Wright knocking a Norwich player into the stands of the Baseball ground after a bad fould on Ted Mcmin. Lovely running across the pitch and a cracking connection lol.

Some of the two footed challenges that people are being sent off for are wrong as they take the ball clean as anything. It was the off the ball stuff and the little digs after the ball was passed which is not part off football even in a mans game of 20 yrs ago. Intimidation is their main weapon but at least our lot did not show that they were intimidated.

Take away the fouls and the excessive balls into the box and we play very similar to how Stoke do away from home, boring, deep and look to nick the win. We played some nice football at times, mostly on the half way line where they just let us do it, did we even get the ball in there box in the second half?

The amount of crosses and punts into Ball we played was ridiculous, is there not a brain cell in the coaching staff? We're playing against a team of 8 footers, it's a complete waste of time playing anything in the air, it's exactly what they want teams to do against them and we done it far too often.

Is Ward turning into one of those players that gets praise no matter what he does? I thought he was dog ****, gave the ball away so many times. It's credit to him though that when he's crap, we create nothing. He'd get found out in the Prem, mark him tightly and he doesnt know what to do.

At least we all know what would happen if this team got promoted now.

Exactly what i saw yesterday.

So you Stoke boys come on here patronising us. Then when one of us bite you dont like it?

Like I said. Enjoy what you have.

Your support is good.

We envy your season and position. You can sign the sort of players that wouldn't look at us.

But don't patronise us. We know our faults and weaknesses.

We know our strengths.

Please stop going on about your support. It's nothing unique. It's just how it should be. Use it to brag and your bound to get a bite out of a decent club like Derby.

Everyone wants respect in football. Everyone. Even Millwall. If your not earning appreciation, whats the point.

I don't care whether you want us promoted or not. I'm not bitter. Good luck v Valencia. Hope you beat Man Utd.

Bloody hell, they're extremely bothered by the atmosphere aren't they!

I only mentioned it because I knew it would piss 'em off. The loudest you got was standing on the station pissing everywhere, snorting coke, throwing cans at Derby fans and intimidating families, singing "were stoke city we'll piss where we want"

No wonder we put on extra trains on for you.......

Bloody hell, they're extremely bothered by the atmosphere aren't they!

I only mentioned it because I knew it would piss 'em off. The loudest you got was standing on the station pissing everywhere, snorting coke, throwing cans at Derby fans and intimidating families, singing "were stoke city we'll piss where we want"

No wonder we put on extra trains on for you.......

I can't actually remember banging on about support, just commenting on the Derby fan who said you outsung us, whereas most of you have admitted you didn't.

To the respect thing, no we don't, honestly. Blackpool got plenty of respect for their football, so did Burnley and Hull. We'd rather piss people off and do it our own way.

Honestly, you're a close second to Sunderland fans for delusion. As for the guy that said the brit's a souless place, well Pride Park was a bit lacking wasn't it?

I'll patronise just because you are all deluded, so it's all fair.

Enjoy your game against 'the scum' a bigger and more passionate set of fans, even if they are just as delusional as you.

I can't actually remember banging on about support, just commenting on the Derby fan who

said you outsung us, whereas most of you have admitted you didn't.

To the respect thing, no we don't, honestly. Blackpool got plenty of respect for their football, so did Burnley and Hull. We'd rather piss people off and do it our own way.

Honestly, you're a close second to Sunderland fans for delusion. As for the guy that said the brit's a souless place, well Pride Park was a bit lacking wasn't it?

Enjoy your game against 'the scum' a bigger and more passionate set of fans, even if they are just as delusional as you.

Oh dear.

Poor post I could rip to shreds. But I think I'd be wasting time. Every single point is wrong.

Oh dear.

Poor post I could rip to shreds. But I think I'd be wasting time. Every single point is wrong.

Go on then 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

If it's all wrong, that's fine because this whole thread is just full of expanding egos who can't accept a team who was similar in size and stature, perennial underachievers, are so far ahead of your team now in quality.

For a team that is quite boring, bringing out the Arsenal syndrome (big bad bullies booooooooooo) is laughable.

Go on then 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

If it's all wrong, that's fine because this whole thread is just full of expanding egos who can't accept a team who was similar in size and stature, perennial underachievers, are so far ahead of your team now in quality.

For a team that is quite boring, bringing out the Arsenal syndrome (big bad bullies booooooooooo) is laughable.

Good god, the self-indulgent irony in this post is delicious.

It comes to something when a Premiership team feel the need to gloat and play the wind-up merchant on a Championship team's forum having beaten them in a poor all-round FA Cup tie.

As for the atmosphere, come down next Sunday and have a look at a real atmosphere. One which was missing from the home contingent in that Carling Cup quarter-final back in 2008 at the Britannia

Good god, the self-indulgent irony in this post is delicious.

It comes to something when a Premiership team feel the need to gloat and play the wind-up merchant on a Championship team's forum having beaten them in a poor all-round FA Cup tie.

As for the atmosphere, come down next Sunday and have a look at a real atmosphere. One which was missing from the home contingent in that Carling Cup quarter-final back in 2008 at the Britannia

So it's fine you lot having a crap atmosphere, but when we did it a couple of years ago, against a completely unattractive team, in a game we were favourites it's worthy of dragging up?

Will next weeks atmosphere be you banging a bit of plastic mumbling derby, derby derbyyy?

To be honest what you call a 'great atmosphere' will seem tame to me anyway, I've been to Besiktas, so I'll give it a miss cheers, plus I won't judge your overall atmosphere on a derby game against a team you hate, we'd be the same against Vale, probably louder.

I wouldn't have come on if some of the posts on here weren't so ridiculous, honestly, the ignorance was just too much.

why don't leave then? Nobody is forcing you to read OUR forum, nobody invited you, leave us to argue amongst ourselves, it's what we love, and do, best.

Hoped we might sneak an upset but knew that wasn’t going to happen as soon as I saw the team sheets. Other than 20 minutes either side of half time Stoke looked fairly comfortable. We’re obviously some way off PL standard – which won’t come as a shock to any Derby fan over the age of seven. Nevertheless, we worked hard and we didn’t embarrass ourselves. I was pleased that none of our key players were stretchered off - but some like Brayford took hefty knocks and I expect one or two might miss the match on Tues.

Have to say that the Stoke fans finding their way to this forum over the past few days have been dull and uninteresting – just like their team. There’s a difference between baiting and banter that they just don’t seem to get and I wish they’d all feck off now. If Derby fans got that much joy at beating teams from a lower division then I’d start supporting Burton Albion.

I'm not really here,

Your being ridiculous mate. No one was mocking you to begin with. We were beaten. We're nothing special.

Buti think you come on here expecting praise?

We look at the game from a Derby perspective you do realise that?

You lot started talking to us like we're MK Dons or summat. Mocking us. We're bound to bite.

You mock our support. What did you expect back? Us to bow to your fearsome horde? Or bring up some memories you've all suppressed?

Your turning it into who's the bigger club argument which is utterly pointless and very boring.

I'm not really here,

Your being ridiculous mate. No one was mocking you to begin with. We were beaten. We're nothing special.

Buti think you come on here expecting praise?

We look at the game from a Derby perspective you do realise that?

You lot started talking to us like we're MK Dons or summat. Mocking us. We're bound to bite.

You mock our support. What did you expect back? Us to bow to your fearsome horde? Or bring up some memories you've all suppressed?

Your turning it into who's the bigger club argument which is utterly pointless and very boring.

So nobody has mocked our style of play, that I should be embarassed to support Stoke?

There's a difference between looking through your eyes, and seeing a completely different game, several people have said that Derby were the better team, which is ludicrous.

My bite came first from some of these comments, even if they weren't meant for a bite.

As for the memories I've 'surpressed', well no, it makes it all the sweeter being where we are now.

I laugh very time one of these guys posts about their game next week. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Are you bringing extra plastic sheets to bang next week or something?

I can't actually remember banging on about support, just commenting on the Derby fan who said you outsung us, whereas most of you have admitted you didn't.

To the respect thing, no we don't, honestly. Blackpool got plenty of respect for their football,

so did Burnley and Hull. We'd rather piss people off and do it our own way.

Ok for one last time, here goes.

1. Don't make me go back 2/3 pages to find quotes. Read them yourself.

2. You don't care what other fans think? Why you on our forum then? All fans want appreciation and respect. Man United love being hated. They know it's because people recognise their success. Millwall want fans to respect their support. It's all bravado and banter on top.

3. I don't know owt about Sunderland. Wake up and look around the FA Cup fixtures. It's become an excuse for away fans to have big days out while a few scattered home fans endure them. Pride Park is no different.

4. If deluded means we're all talking about the positives and negatives from yesterday's game from a biased perspective on our own forum. Then yes. You were deluded coming on here hours after the game expecting Derby fans to be any different.

5. "bigger and more passionate fans" that we outnumber weekly. That didn't sell out at home. That might not even sell out away. I know they have their reasons, but we had 2 years watching them win while we lost. We still managed to drag ourselves out the house.

Gtg now. I'm bored.

Archived