Tomasz Cywka

CumbrianRam

No gain or losss as was signed on a free

Erm, it is a loss, unless he wasn't given a signing on clause and we didn't pay him a single penny for the time he was here (A year and a half?)

Having Cywka on the books probably cost us $200k, especially if he walks away for free..

A decent prospect made to look extremely average in the least creative Derby team I've seen in all of my life.. There is a good player in there somewhere, hopefully a more creative manager can get that out of him.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Erm, it is a loss, unless he wasn't given a signing on clause and we didn't pay him a single penny for the time he was here (A year and a half?)

Having Cywka on the books probably cost us $200k, especially if he walks away for free..

A decent prospect made to look extremely average in the least creative Derby team I've seen in all of my life.. There is a good player in there somewhere, hopefully a more creative manager can get that out of him.

I have seen kids in part-time football who can beat a player, they tend to disappear down blind alleys as well - just like Cywka. He is simply not good enough, he does not offer anything worthwhile to the team (which is why he wasn't in it).

I have seen kids in part-time football who can beat a player, they tend to disappear down blind alleys as well - just like Cywka. He is simply not good enough, he does not offer anything worthwhile to the team (which is why he wasn't in it).

He's a far better player when cutting in or playing in the centre..

I agree in that many wingers are actually stupid enough to run blindly down the line (like an alley) and then either get crowded out or best case scenario is to win a throw-in.. I don't understand why wingers do this..

Cywka was far better when playing alongside Commons and Bueno as he cut in alot or rotated to play centrally.. Against Watford at home he was class playing as a striker who moved around a lot, one of his goals came from cutting in from the right..

The moment those 2 weren't playing (Commons and Bueno) Cywka got pushed out wide right and stayed out wide.. This IMO isn't his natural position..

Someone will get a better player than we've seen over the last year if used correctly I'm certain of it.

"A decent prospect made to look extremely average in the least creative Derby team I've seen in all of my life"???

are you sure?

Didn't you know Bris always correct (NOT). Cywka at the end of the had opportunities last year. I have said this before will say it again if it had not been down the Portsmoth away game last season there would not be as many harping on about this. I have seen nothing to suggest that this is down to Clough.

Before coming here he was at Wigan never played for them. He came to us in a weak side on loan and looked promosing. Took him on and since then the squad and team has developed but he has not. There is no one in the team I would drop for him

you know what i agree with bris to a degree, i do think hes got talent probably more than some people who have had more games.

but he just didnt play enough for us for whetever reason..whether it was effort? didnt develop? i dont know but to say that this is the least creative derby team in all his life??? how old are you?? 6?7?

Simply Cywka doesn't work well with managers like NC and NC doesn't work well with players like Cywka.

That must be the same for Martinez when at Wigan. So he can't work with a flair manager (who started the progress of Swansea) or NC who some see as a grinding it out manager. Which type of manager would he be suited for

The only reason why people like Cywka is that he's foreign and signed from a Premier League team. He seems exotic.

It we signed Billy Snodhole-Plankey on a free from Fleetwood and he had exactly the same ability as Cywka we'd be calling him useless.

Jamie Ward is a much, much better player and yet he doesn't get anywhere near the same appreciate, love or credit that Cywka has enjoyed - without doing much.

I don't think he played that well against Watford, even, Portsmouth was his best game. But even then - it's only been sparodic flashes of genius mixed in with incredibly average performances, poor decisions, and what seems like an inabliity to follow the manager's instructions.

He's not that young anymore either.

It's a massive shame and from the outside it looks like he's been mismanaged. But I have a feeling there's so much more to this than one bad decision at Fratton Park last season. If we're not going to play him, I'm happy to see him go. Good luck to him, I hope he finds a club which suits him better.

I’ve always liked TC but I’m happy to trust the manager’s judgement on this.

NC is much better placed to be able to tell the difference between skilful players who are worth hanging onto because of their genuine overall quality (Commons, Ward) and skilful players who may never progress enough to make a significant difference to a team's performance at this level (such as Cywka).

I cast my mind back to the QPR game last season on the telly and I thought he looked great - lively, exciting, tearing it up down the flank and we looked a great team. Easy winners against a strong side for 92 out of the 94 minutes (shame we caved in right at the end).

That's the Cywka that I wanted to see playing for us. Unfortunately he never really got a good run in the side after that great spell at the beginning of last season. Especially this season, with new players to work with - we just didn't see him. Of course he had games where he looked less than stellar, but I've seen him perform and look like a player with great potential.

I really hope he goes from strength to strength as I thought his treatment during Clough's outburst was well out of line and I'd like him to prove Clough wrong. Seems like Clough prefers solid workhorses to a creative player, so Cywka is out of favour here.

you know what i agree with bris to a degree, i do think hes got talent probably more than some people who have had more games.

but he just didnt play enough for us for whetever reason..whether it was effort? didnt develop? i dont know but to say that this is the least creative derby team in all his life??? how old are you?? 6?7?

Hi I am nearly 50 and I am Derby born and bred and I agree with Bris this is the least creative and dull Derby squad I have ever seen, even when I used to watch them in the third division the team used to excite me for more than 10% of a game.

I cannot understand why people say that this dire type of football is the price we must pay if we want to make the playoffs. I think I am right in saying we are the only team in the top ten that has a minus goal difference other teams in the top half of the table seem to be able to play football that wins games but still excites the fans on a tight budget.

Tomas Cywka came to Derby as a talented flair player who was exciting to watch yes he lost the ball and ran into trouble a bit, but he also took players on beat them and scored goals from nothing.

I am afraid most talented , creative players will struggle playing under Nigel as he seems only to want players with no individuality who will be good little robots and show no creative thoughts of their own.

Nigel blamed Cywka for that infamous (to Nigel) goal and publicly slated him yet Nigels golden boy Savage was way out of position and there was at least 5 players behind him that could of put a tackle in yet nothing was said about them.

Surely if you are attacking the opposition and the ball is in the oppositions half they cannot score, instead our team end up under the cosh for the last 20 mins of every game. WE ARE DESPERATE FOR SOME ENTERTAINING TALENTED PLAYERS WE SHOULD NOT BE GIVING THEM AWAY FOR NOTHING.

It just goes to show how far down the yanks and Nigel are are driving down our expectations when the only glimmer of excitement in the side is Ward and he wont get 10 goals this season.

I love the Rams but we must now be the most booring team in the midlands and if by some fluke we did get promoted we would need about 15 new players.

sorry just needed to get that out of my system but the Rams really do need 3 or 4 talented players we are so predictable booring and 1 demensional if our plan A does not work we are F--ked as teams like Ipswich, coventry, Burnley ect have all shown us at least once this season.

I am afraid most talented , creative players will struggle playing under Nigel as he seems only to want players with no individuality who will be good little robots and show no creative thoughts of their own.

A little harsh I think. The first thing Nigel has tried to do is install a winning mentality. It's fine having creative players in the side but those types of players are more often than not non-exixtent in games where we need a bit of steel and grit.

So many were moaning about Commons being non existent in games and indeed Cywka. Nigel drops them and folks aren't happy. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Once we start winning in regular fashion and the team has that winning mentality then maybe he will introduce this type of player and we can start playing a little more expansively.

I don't see how he can get any kind of confidence up when he (and Maguire) know that if they do happen to make a little mistake they'll be dropped for the next 5 games. It's a pathetic way to manage a team.

Best of luck to the lad, hope he stays in England and proves Nigel wrong.

People just aren’t going to agree on this one.

Some like to label NC as some kind of footballing dullard who only likes grafters and who just can’t see the talent he’s letting slip through his fingers. Yet, the only genuine quality attacking player I’ve seen at PP over the past few years has been Commons. Clough wanted (and I think really expected) Commons to stay - despite the fact that the cost of keeping Commons would have severely limited his ability to bring in other players.

Also it was NC himself who brought Cywka and Maguire to Derby and so must have hoped more than any of us that they would have done better by now.

Jamie Ward. Jamie Ward. Jamie Ward. Jamie Ward. Jamie Ward.

Why are we forgetting about Jamie Ward!

And Bailey too.

Ward's much more exciting and effective than Cywka and Bailey's a more consistent player and has got me on my feet several times.

There must be some sort of optical illusion going on. I get the impression that if you sit in some areas of Pride Park, every player looks like Ben Davies.

Archived