Chris Maguire

Pudding Jack

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i didn't go tonight, but i don't think anyones doubting his ability, i think Clough just wants him to close down defenders a bit more and force the play back. Clough likes to defend from the front, and I know he's not going to score 30 yeard screamers, but Robinson and Tyson are both very good at chasing down defenders and making them have to play the ball, and not giving them time to pick a pass.

Maguire is rated, he's got the potential yet he hasn't played enough here to show us. Something isn't right - he's obviously upset Clough the same way Dave Martin did. If I were Maguire I wouldn't be happy at the fact that Ball, Doyle and 15 year old Bennett were getting in ahead of him. His attitude has probably gone, but if he isn't going to get the chance for a decent run in the team then I don't blame him.

If he scored 2 hat-tricks tonight he wouldn't have had a look-in at the weekend..

He isn't a winger. Ben Davies will play there more than likely again.

To be fair, neither is Green, doesn't stop Clough playing him there.

I'd be disappointed not to see Maguire get another chance, everytime i've seen him he's looked that bit of creativity we lack sometimes.

For the people who are saying it is time for him to play. Who do you drop out of a winning side. Ball and Robinson scoring. Midfield is currently settled.

I find it incredible when we are winning people still bang on about him. Apart from 70 minutes against Portsmouth who were poor he has done nothing in a game worth keeping him in the team.

I agree should be on the bench instead of Doyle and against the oppostion last night he should have done well.

For the people who are saying it is time for him to play. Who do you drop out of a winning side. Ball and Robinson scoring. Midfield is currently settled.

I find it incredible when we are winning people still bang on about him. Apart from 70 minutes against Portsmouth who were poor he has done nothing in a game worth keeping him in the team.

I agree should be on the bench instead of Doyle and against the oppostion last night he should have done well.

I don't think he should start, just be involved more. His half an hour at Middlesborough was probably the best individual creative display i've seen all season which says something. People will drop out of form when the team starts to lose a few so I hope he gets a chance.

Compared to Doyle who seems a nice, honest lad and a worker i'd take Maguire every day. They both have had minor chances this season, Maguire did well at Boro and Pompey at home, Doyle's start at Peterborough was probably the worst performance i've seen from one of our players this season, completely bottled it but he gets in ahead of a better player down to attitude.

Totally agree.

What's more, we bought him for 400k. Does that mean we have to put him straight into the side?

Is that the deal with a young player we sign? If they're not quite up to the first team yet then we should get rid as soon as we can?

You lot complain and whinge for the sake of whinging.

One minute you whinge about Clough being a crap manager, next it's our crap inexperienced coaches, next it's the "I feel hard done by because of the groupon deal" (which incidentally I think is a great idea), and so on and so on.

Give Maguire a break. Let him have the opportunity to bed himself into his new club and mayje just maybe we will see a very different Maguire next season.

Archived