Chris Maguire

Pudding Jack

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clough knows that decisions over which players to play and how to organise/motivate them will have a direct impact on how long he keeps his job.

He's not keeping maguire out of the team for a laugh - he clearly believes others will do a better job.

It's no use either maguire or for that matter the fans sitting there with the bottom lip out. Suck it in and sort it out.

If you want an example of how to move south of the border and impress boss and fans - look at bryson...

Popintless getting rid of Maguire. The kid's got talent, no doubt about it, he needs time and good management and he's got every chance of being a good asset. This rush to get rid of anyone who isn't brilliant straight away is ridiculous. I know I might be shot down, but Theo's goals this season have been a major part of where we are yet he's still getting pelters from sections of the crowd who seemed to have made up their mind about him after three games of his loans spell a year ago.

Popintless getting rid of Maguire. The kid's got talent, no doubt about it, he needs time and good management and he's got every chance of being a good asset. This rush to get rid of anyone who isn't brilliant straight away is ridiculous. I know I might be shot down, but Theo's goals this season have been a major part of where we are yet he's still getting pelters from sections of the crowd who seemed to have made up their mind about him after three games of his loans spell a year ago.

Dead right - i'm sure clough will sort him out - jesus, he kept faith with pearson long after many of us thought he was a tool.

. Pearson was a Billy Davis signing scored the goal that got us to the Prem. Has had injury problems but Maguire is A Clough signing and comes with glowing reports from Craig Brown and clearly is a quality player so if we lose him he will certainly be a big asset to another club. If I was Maguire I'd put in transfer request

craig brown may well have recommended pearson to billy - they were mates.

if maguire did put in a transfer request that would surely suggest that he had spat out his dummy (?)

. Pearson was a Billy Davis signing scored the goal that got us to the Prem. Has had injury problems but Maguire is A Clough signing and comes with glowing reports from Craig Brown and clearly is a quality player so if we lose him he will certainly be a big asset to another club. If I was Maguire I'd put in transfer request

Hope we get our money back then. He could go as far as I'm concerned if he felt like that. Hope he stays though and starts to show the commitment that all the others have. It's fairly clear he has the talent. Next stop is for him to show he has the aspiration to succeed.

Only the management know what is happening behind the scenes, but if Maguire isn't putting in the required work in training then Clough can only give him a chance to prove himself. If, when given a chance, he still doesn't put in the necessary work then you have to decide if to cut your losses and get rid.

I think Theo will struggle in the pecking order against Steve Davies but I think Ball offers something different. For me, Ball and Davies up front with Theo on the bench, certainly after Davies gets match fit anyway. Theo and Bennett on the bench, Tyson on the physios bench, should be a fair assessment and give us options if things aren't going well. I know this is tough on Theo who keeps chipping in with goals but I'm sure he'll get more than his fair chance with injuries etc.

As for Maguire, I really think loaning him out maybe the best thing for him to get him some real match time and push to get back in the squad.

Ball isn't what I'd call a grafter at all, he obviously runs for things but so should every footballer, don't think I would class him a work horse though!

Sorry but what? He has tracked back he holds the ball up runs the channels and is always challenging. To knock another player down to try and prove a point is not ideal either.

Theo has worked hard since being here, scored 8 goals, yes could have been more but all strikers miss goals. He works for the team.

I would say 'curtains' does have the curtains closed because of how he is arguing for a player who has not done enough since being here to prove he should be in the squad. He did throw his dummy out against Cardiff be it out of frustration of being taken off or how crap he was. Open the curtains look at the squad at present and I am sorry I would not drop anyone from the squad and now that Noble is here then he will have to really work to get a spot in the squad. Lets see what his real character is

Sorry but what? He has tracked back he holds the ball up runs the channels and is always challenging. To knock another player down to try and prove a point is not ideal either.

Theo has worked hard since being here, scored 8 goals, yes could have been more but all strikers miss goals. He works for the team.

I would say 'curtains' does have the curtains closed because of how he is arguing for a player who has not done enough since being here to prove he should be in the squad. He did throw his dummy out against Cardiff be it out of frustration of being taken off or how crap he was. Open the curtains look at the squad at present and I am sorry I would not drop anyone from the squad and now that Noble is here then he will have to really work to get a spot in the squad. Lets see what his real character is

I like Ball don't get me wrong but I don't think he is a grafter, he is a player that can play with his back to goal and can hold it up and bring other people into play, he isn't at the ankles of every defender nor is he chasing every ball but he stands there and collects what is given to him, and is done what is asked in terms of effort.

I wasn't calling for Maguire to start every game, I was simply suggesting he actually featured on the bench instead of opting for Doyle and Bennett.

It's alright saying Maguire could be seen as one for the future, but when a 15 year old schoolboy is constantly getting selected ahead of you then you must start to wonder where you stand. You can't keep him out for too long or he will just be another Dave Martin or Lee Croft, put no effort in as there will be no reward for it.

I personally think he's got some quality about him, he might not run around like a headless chicken like Theo, but he has creativity.

I agree that Maguire hasnt appeared consistent enough to justify a starting place but he must be a better bet for a place on the bench than Doyle or Bennett. Especially as Tyson is now injured again.

Every occasion I've watched him, he's regularly either been robbed of the ball, or played blind passes that have put us in danger when under pressure. You can see enough to show why they signed him, but he needs to get his head down and learn to play it simple and not panic or look for the Hollywood move.

Drop Ball or Robbo for him until he's learnt to use what he's got? Hilarious.

I like Ball don't get me wrong but I don't think he is a grafter, he is a player that can play with his back to goal and can hold it up and bring other people into play, he isn't at the ankles of every defender nor is he chasing every ball but he stands there and collects what is given to him, and is done what is asked in terms of effort.

If he scores the goals, I don't really if he "grafts" or not

Archived